over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

xtreme fatigue after eating

COASTAL

FOUNDING Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Alright, over the last year or so I have got to be extremely fatigued/tired/sleepy after eating. It doesnt matter what I eat (High carb, low carb, high protein and any combo of nutrients). It happens within 10-15 minutes, and I am not talking about a little tired. I am talking about, cant hold my eyes open, and could fall asleep behind the wheel kind of tired. It seems worse when consuming shakes of course.

This is despite good nights sleep, not overtraining, etc... never had problem with blood sugar but havent been tested lately, so havent ruled it out......so any suggestions for what to try; anyone else suffer with this?

Thanks
COASTAL

if its not limited to fast carb meals (which would be hypoglycemic rebound):

1. what bb drugs and supps are you on? - many accelerate glucose clearance (not just insulin). lots of hidden insulin-mimetic herbals in MRP's, multivitamins, etc. (rALA, vanadium, chromium picolinate, etc)

2. what other otc or script meds you on? -- after a meal, the body's parasympathetic "rest and digest" branch of the autonomic nervous system takes over. slows everything else down so you can digest and absorb. the opposite of the sympathetic "fight or flight" branch. the main neurotransmitter is acetylcholine. any supps/drugs which precurse, complement or potentiate ACh or act as CNS depressants will get you further into that "rest" state to the point of drowsiness etc as you describe. (antihistamines, cough meds, herbal remedies, lecithin or choline supps, etc)

Last edited:
def. check your blood sugar next episode

anything over 140.....should be looked at

:cool:

I agree you should get a glucose meter & check yours about 90 minutes after each meal for a few days. If its anything above 150 or so you should go see a doctor and get an A1C done along with a complete set of labs. Does diabetes run in your family? Specifically diabetes type II/adult onset diabetes?

if its not limited to fast carb meals (which would be hypoglycemic rebound):

1. what bb drugs and supps are you on? - many accelerate glucose clearance (not just insulin). lots of hidden insulin-mimetic herbals in MRP's, multivitamins, etc. (rALA, vanadium, chromium picolinate, etc)

2. what other otc or script meds you on? -- after a meal, the body's parasympathetic "rest and digest" branch of the autonomic nervous system takes over. slows everything else down so you can digest and absorb. the opposite of the sympathetic "fight or flight" branch. the main neurotransmitter is acetylcholine. any supps/drugs which precurse, complement or potentiate ACh or act as CNS depressants will get you further into that "rest" state to the point of drowsiness etc as you describe. (antihistamines, cough meds, herbal remedies, lecithin or choline supps, etc)

I AM ON HRT OF 100MG/WK

ACTUALLY THOUGHT ABOUT TAKING rALA BUT THIS WOULD HURT AND NOT HELP?

I REGULARLY TAKE SUDAFED (PSEUDOEPHEDRINE HCL) FOR SINUS'

Last edited:
I agree you should get a glucose meter & check yours about 90 minutes after each meal for a few days. If its anything above 150 or so you should go see a doctor and get an A1C done along with a complete set of labs. Does diabetes run in your family? Specifically diabetes type II/adult onset diabetes?

NO DIABETES DONT RUN IN MY FAMILY

I AM ON HRT OF 100MG/WK

ACTUALLY THOUGHT ABOUT TAKING rALA BUT THIS WOULD HURT AND NOT HELP?

I REGULARLY TAKE SUDAFED (PSEUDOEPHEDRINE HCL) FOR SINUS'

well the rALA acts like insulin. your symptoms could be a sign of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), and rALA would further lower blood sugar levels. If anyone doubts the effectiveness of rALA in lowering blood sugar levels, take some on an empty stomach (with a friend present & grape juice ready :) ).

as to the Sudafed, theres lots of different flavors. The Pseudoephedrine itself is a stim, but read the label and see if the combo product contains any antihistamines (example diphenhydramine) along with the pseudoephedrine (often put together in sinus formulas). many antihistamines are sedating and that would directly explain drowsiness, especially if you take at mealtime.

if none of the above rings any bells, then do glucose tolerence tests etc to rule out that side.

Get a glucose meter and keep a tight check on it. It could be going to high or even too low.

Thats what I am going to do. I will let you know what happens. I cant keep feeling like this every single day. Like I said its been going on for about a year or so, but getting worse and worse.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws