Dado5

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
sorry if this was posted already. I just saw it on tweet

Attachments

• Dorianvs norton.jpg
    Dorianvs norton.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 1,544
lol hes arguing with fucking yates now? he has to be probably one of the most irritating guys in the industry because he thinks that all his scientific studies that he paid all that money in college to read about are fully applicable in the real world. and ironically, yes he does prop himself up on his academic accomplishments, i can think of how many times ive seen him pull that shit in an online debate. and yeah, hes won alot of titles himself, in the nga where maybe four or five people show up per weight class, half of them looking like they came out of concentration camps.

Dorian, what a pimp! Oh asking me a question? Yeah, 6x Mr. O, Umm who are you again little man? I prove myself in the gym, not in books, have a nice day, DY. Love it

About what ? Who uses the most amount of drugs? Or who's the biggest liar:D

I'm not sure what they are debating, but what they need to realize is that there's many ways to "skin a cat." Dorian is a very smart guy, but so is Layne. Sure, Layne is annoying sometimes BC he knocks on steroids so much, but the guy is well respected and successful BB'r and I respect him BC he walks the walk and is passionate about natural bb'ing. I don't see anything wrong with that.

This has NOTHING to do with the fact that I respect Yates:

I have read many, many things by "Dr" Layne Norton that doesn't hold water, I'd say MOST things even.

This reminds me of the many times I got into it with my primary physician. I made the mistake of telling him I was using roids and ever since then (5 years ago) he won't let it go! Every check up it's the same thing "So everything looks good so far, oh and hey, you're not doing steroids again are you"? And my asnwer is "well it's better take a steroid with a known side effect then a prescribed drug where not even the drug maker is fully aware of all the known side effets until you hit the E.R.". Thats when he usually says, YOU'RE DONE< GET OUT! :D

He read it in a book where as I actually used it and went to through the motions. Which is basically what Layne and Yates are arguing over.

I have read many, many things by "Dr" Layne Norton that doesn't hold water, I'd say MOST things even.

i would love to hear more about this

seriously... im not some huge Layne fan, im just really curious because he does seem to know his stuff inside and out

I'm not trying to debate or disagree with you, but would you mind giving an example of what doesn't hold any water? The reason I ask is because I consider my self a "new student," at dieting so I would like to be able to weed to the BS.

Well

i would love to hear more about this

seriously... im not some huge Layne fan, im just really curious because he does seem to know his stuff inside and out

Layne is a pompous ass at times........is he smart, yes.......but he makes leaps in calculations that need to be factored together a bit better first before forming his conclusions. Funny how he pokes fun of Dorian about using the Mr O title..........yes he refers to himself as Dr. Layne Norton.

I like layne...there's FAR TOO MUCH junk science that people make up. And there are also FAR TOO MANY people in this industry with little-to-no education (i.e. no college or a college I could have gone to in 8th grade). Nice to see someone who actually focuses on real science. Scientific studies DO hold real world value, despite what you want to convince yourself to the contrary. That is how all drugs approved by the FDA in this country are tested...

Layne is a pompous ass at times........is he smart, yes.......but he makes leaps in calculations that need to be factored together a bit better first before forming his conclusions. Funny how he pokes fun of Dorian about using the Mr O title..........yes he refers to himself as Dr. Layne Norton.

I dont get your logic...

1) Calling yourself Dr. Layne Norton is simply who you are. He has a PhD. He is a doctor. Period. That is not equivalent to bringing it up as a qualification as to why you are right, nor is it the same as saying you are 6x Mr. O as a qualification. For what it's worth, I know plenty of VERY LARGE bodybuilders and pros who are dumb as a stone. 6x Mr. O doesn't mean you know shit. It means you have world class genetics and a lot of people advising you generally on drugs and nutrition. But when it comes to the science of why they are doing anything, all you hear is crickets.

2) Layne uses real science to backup his claims against people who generally use NO Science. I don't understand your point here either.

3) I would be a little pompous if I were him too. He argues with people who generally have barely a high school diploma. It must be very frustrating.

I dont get your logic...

1) Calling yourself Dr. Layne Norton is simply who you are. He has a PhD. He is a doctor. Period. That is not equivalent to bringing it up as a qualification as to why you are right, nor is it the same as saying you are 6x Mr. O as a qualification. For what it's worth, I know plenty of VERY LARGE bodybuilders and pros who are dumb as a stone. 6x Mr. O doesn't mean you know shit. It means you have world class genetics and a lot of people advising you generally on drugs and nutrition. But when it comes to the science of why they are doing anything, all you hear is crickets.

2) Layne uses real science to backup his claims against people who generally use NO Science. I don't understand your point here either.

3) I would be a little pompous if I were him too. He argues with people who generally have barely a high school diploma. It must be very frustrating.

Despite Yates being a favorite of mine, I agree. Do people really think he was a 6x Mr. O because he trained HIT? If so, then why did all the other Mr. O's have different training styles? I appreciate Yates for having been very analytical with his training and nutrition, but do you really think he would have been any less successful if he had trained with a higher volume?

Being a 6x Mr. O ≠ HIT is a logical, scientifically sound training method
Being a 6x Mr. O ≠ HIT is an illogical, scientifically unsound training method
Being a 6x Mr. O = he was a 6x Mr. O

I'll just say this. I'm from Chicago just like his punk ass. i have ran into him plenty of times and the arrogant things about him is repulsive

I can't stand this dude for nothing, there is this show in Decator,ill and it's an obc org. and he brings a team of women young kids and masters and open divisions and he goes around telling people all of his people will win all the classes and just flaunts his way around every were at the show

It just goes to show that a douche is a douche and he fits the mold of one

One word TOOL

Seems to me like Yates was the arrogant disrespectful one in this instance. I don't know what you guys are reading or smoking...pretty clear cut

Had to look up pics of Layne competing. Man.... natty bbers are so small :\

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume