over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Yates Opinion On Todays Bodybuilding

Equalizer

Registered
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJPH40L8nnk"]Dorian Yates Lost Faith In Bodybuilding | Iron Cinema - YouTube[/ame]

Great short video. Dorian had a relentless work ethic. Great champ---humble but CONFIDENT 😉

His little rant on Shawn Ray is awesome :D lol "20 years later...get over it man!"

Definitely agree there isn't as much emphasis on training among the younger generation. A lot have grown up with the internet, social media and many various forms of instant gratification so they've been conditioned to believe hard work isn't worth it and it's all about discovering some kind of clever build muscle quick scheme or having access to secret drugs of the pros.

I have always liked his self awareness.He knew/knows his strengths and weaknesses and always worked hard and to improve.being confident yet aware is the psych of a true champion.

"Shawn Ray at 100% cannot beat Dorian Yates at 80%, and the Sandows are sitting right there on the side there, I'll send the pictures to Shawn, so he can have a look."

shots fired

Always was a fan of his HIT style training, he was and will continue to be a legend of bodybuilding.

Attended a seminar of his last month and was only about 10 of us there so really close and personal. Very motivational yet grounded guy. Looking forward to a week in his gym (marbella ) in June.

Another recent Yates video: [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfpsMDItWkg"]Dorian Yates 6x Mr Olympia Schools Micquel Wright On Bodybuilding - After Pain - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYPzL73Os_U"]Dorian Yates 6x Mr Olympia - "PAIN" - Micquel Wright - Motivation - Lewis Yates - YouTube[/ame]

my generation had Yates. today's generation has Piana. bodybuilding is dead.

I never liked either, his physic or training method.
I enjoy training to much to do one and done and he is the 1st of the blocky olympions.

Last edited:
Always enjoyed watching his training videos and listening to his interviews about his training etc. He was and still is a very humble champion. Not something so common in most sports these days.

I can relate heavily with Yates and his personal beliefs/philosophies. They're the main reasons I like and respect the guy.

Plus he tells it like it is, he's a grounded nonflashy introvert who loves training.

I never liked either, his physic or training method.
I enjoy training to much to do one and done and he is the 1st of the blocky olympions.

I personally think his training style and determination was on point for his body and the proof is in the pudding. I don't however think it's suits the majority of others, be it through genetic limitations or otherwise. Also, given that he hardly trains properly now due to injuries stemming from his brutal training style I think it's safe to say that if you want any kind of longevity out of this hobby then again I'd sway away from blood and guts. I asked him if he could go back and speak to himself to offer advise what would he say. His answer was to back off a little bit and not take it to such an extreme. I think this speaks volumes. As my previous comments, I really like the guy and his story, and more impressed with his outlook and philosophy's now he's stopped competing.

my generation had Yates. today's generation has Piana. bodybuilding is dead.
This is the fucking truth right here...

After taking extensive time away and now being back in the gym, every young guy I've talked to eventually brings up Piana when discussing bodybuilding. And they talk about him as if he's accomplished something and is respectable. Obviously the reality is he's a made up online persona that will lie and cheat his way through anything if it means more followers or some cash. I can't think of a bigger douchebag in the entire industry...

Dorian is on the completely opposite spectrum. He understands bodybuilding for what it is. He set the bar in his day and changed the course of bodybuilding forever. And on top of it all, he's INTELLIGENT. His videos now are awesome to listen to, especially when he covers topics outside of bodybuilding (like DMT for example). So much to learn from the guy...

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Yates once said something about what it takes to become a champion and his reply was...

100% training
100% nutrition
100% rest
100%.....

Cannot remember it word for word but basically he was saying you have to be disciplined and work hard. 2 things most cats do not do these days. They want "meat chips" or "protein cereal" both cause there easier than plain chicken breast and rice.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear