over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

YEAH F@#K ThAt

FM

I agree everyone is different with 1rm but in general 6-8 rep range will equate to a near max number. I believe there is such a chart on critical bench.com. There is exceptions to the rule no doubt and I have seen some fantastic lifts by people I have under estimated but they were few my friend.

flexmaster said:
how do you come to that conclusion? people are so different with regards to strength in 1rm and strength in reps...tere is no way to make such a general statement as that.

brian dawkins and jeremiah trotter both answered donavon when a local radio host here in philly asked them who was the the strongest player on the team when it came to putting up weights in the gym.

the host couldn't believe it, and thought they were ribbing him, but they were serious.

In the power lifting world 500 is nothing..seriously guys are well into the 6's

Ive always wanted to bench 500 squat 700 and pull 700....My best bench under USPF judges was 480....My best friend/training partner would do reps with 505...Its impressive to say the least.....He beat Jeff Mcgruder....He also won the Atlantic Beach Bp....625...and this was in the mid 80's...

Today atletes are stronger faster quicker bigger....I realize its alot of weight....But Phil said he seen him....I dont doubt him at all...He has no reason to lie...

I think what is funny about threads like this is that people look at claims like this about world class athletes and they can only relate through their own experiences. These athletes are the best of the best, they are genetic anomalies.

Well

I have the NFL network and it is pretty cool -- shows you all sorts of stuff behind the scenes, (lifting, practices etc) and yeah Donavan is VERY strong for a QB.. He was benching 375 in sets. Also westbrook can squat like an animal..

I beleive Donavan can do it. BUT I am surprised he would be lifting that heavy in the season now, coaches are reluctant to work their QB's too hard with weights, especially bench -- the risk of a shoulder injury is high...bad shoulder and there goes the passing, or lifting real heavy could perpetuate a small injury (tendonitis) into a major shoulder operation.

Nice...

I am one that has to see it to believe it...

and coming from a sports commintator, it made me wonder if he was full of shit or not.

I know these guys are superior people and can do crazy feats, but I was just thinking a QB and 500lbs

jawbreakerkid said:
I think what is funny about threads like this is that people look at claims like this about world class athletes and they can only relate through their own experiences. These athletes are the best of the best, they are genetic anomalies.

Very True JBK. They are the best of the best and genetic animals.
But Take a Look at even the worlds Best bodybuilders. I havnt worked out with any personaly But Ive seen a Lot of them in there training Videos
and Im not sure Ive seen any of them Hit 500 on flat bench.

But then take a look at BigByrd whos is hitting that at a weight of 200 lbs.
If Phil says he can do It Im sure he could though.

I can say this for McNabb, if he says he has done it, he has. He's straight up, and this I know first hand as I have met and talked to him numerous times.

rAJJIN said:
But Take a Look at even the worlds Best bodybuilders. I havnt worked out with any personaly But Ive seen a Lot of them in there training Videos
and Im not sure Ive seen any of them Hit 500 on flat bench.
This is a lot different than football strength and power! Body builders choose to develop more their type I fibers which are the more endurance fibers. One study compared the fiber types of vastus lateralis of body builders and olympic lifters. Even though the body builders had a lot more mass than the olympic lifters, the olympic lifters still had a much higher ratio of type IIa fibers compared to BB...70% type IIa olympic to approx. 50% type IIa in BB. This is not to say that BB's are not strong, but they do not train for power like football players...remember power = (force X velocity)/time. Football players' neural recruitment is phenomenal and they rely on explosive power! By doing cleans, hang pulls, snatches, etc., they can work to move their force/time curve up and increase their rate of power development and strength much greater than body builders.

i play semi pro football in Missouri. i play defensive tackle and left or right gaurd on the offensive line occasionally. i've also been powerlifting for 6 years and am preparing to set some APA world records for the 308 pound junior class next Feb. anyways i hafta call bullshit on the Donavans 500 pound bench press. since i started playing football i've noticed that 90% of them are full of shit when it comes to their strength in the weight room. he prolly did do 500 but i gaurantee you it was with someone holding onto the bar keeping him smooth which would translate to maybe like 375 or somethin if he can even do that. im hitting about 540 raw at 300 pounds after 6 years of straight powerlifting and from personal experiences with other football players.........well they like to exaggerate on everything from bodyweight to bench presses and squats. the only one i really believe is larry allen benching 600 because i actually saw it in a video and he is a 350 pound offensive lineman. once again im not tryin to step on anyones toes here, im just going on personal experiences and things i've seen. the most ever benched "RAW" was 760 pounds by scott mendelson who is the strongest bencher out there and is well over 300 pounds and has been powerlifting all his life so for Donavan to hit 500 at 230 pounds or whatever would make him one of the strongest benchers in the world and i just cant quite believe that.

oh yeah on a side note......i had an offensive lineman last year tell me that he squated 1400 pounds with no knee wraps or squat suit. when the world record i believe is like 1200 with wraps, belt, and a 2 play squat suit. so you know he was full of shit, and when i called him out on it and asked him to come up and lift with me he kept makin excuses why he couldnt make it. just dont believe everything you hear from people or see on tv.

Im also an x-power lifter...I took me over 8 years to bench 480 in the 242's...IO always lagged in the BP area....

But these guys are the best of the best.....Ive also seen guys that sat they can bench this and bench that....the form is usually on the ridiculous side.....Like bouncing the weight off there chests and picking there asses 10" off the bench and Lord knows what else.... and 9 times out of 10 the spotter is usually doind curls also

Iron Freak

Thank you.... Good words my friend!

wedge

ironfreak83 said:
i play semi pro football in Missouri. i play defensive tackle and left or right gaurd on the offensive line occasionally. i've also been powerlifting for 6 years and am preparing to set some APA world records for the 308 pound junior class next Feb. anyways i hafta call bullshit on the Donavans 500 pound bench press. since i started playing football i've noticed that 90% of them are full of shit when it comes to their strength in the weight room. he prolly did do 500 but i gaurantee you it was with someone holding onto the bar keeping him smooth which would translate to maybe like 375 or somethin if he can even do that. im hitting about 540 raw at 300 pounds after 6 years of straight powerlifting and from personal experiences with other football players.........well they like to exaggerate on everything from bodyweight to bench presses and squats. the only one i really believe is larry allen benching 600 because i actually saw it in a video and he is a 350 pound offensive lineman. once again im not tryin to step on anyones toes here, im just going on personal experiences and things i've seen. the most ever benched "RAW" was 760 pounds by scott mendelson who is the strongest bencher out there and is well over 300 pounds and has been powerlifting all his life so for Donavan to hit 500 at 230 pounds or whatever would make him one of the strongest benchers in the world and i just cant quite believe that.

oh yeah on a side note......i had an offensive lineman last year tell me that he squated 1400 pounds with no knee wraps or squat suit. when the world record i believe is like 1200 with wraps, belt, and a 2 play squat suit. so you know he was full of shit, and when i called him out on it and asked him to come up and lift with me he kept makin excuses why he couldnt make it. just dont believe everything you hear from people or see on tv.

I think its possible

I see High school kids benching uper 300s into the the 400 lbs range so I'm sure its possible for Donavin to hit 500.

Sounds like one strong SOB.

Maybe he did bench 500, but on a hammer strenth or smith machine. I wouldn't put to much faith in what the media says. I heard an announcer say that Darwin Walker, a D.T. for the eagles benches 600. Remember when they used to say that Hershel Walker did not lift weights at all, only 1000 pushups and situps a day. There are freaks, but some things I just have to see to believe.

this is ridiculous, our place kicker in college benched 390...a kicker?!? He was alot smaller than McNabb, just suck it up and realize he's stronger than you guys...plain and simple. Only argument on this thread that carries any weight, and I thought the same thing, is why in the hell is a QB benching?

i got to chime in too, i've been lifting for for 20 years and it's hard for me to believe as well....and it's NOT just because i can't do that much myself:D

well for one hes not stronger than i am so i have an unbiased opinion. and i guess it could be possible but all im sayin is i'd have to see it in person to ever believe it. i mean i am from the show me state :D and if he can then i have a lot of respect for the man, even though i hate the eagles :p

Yup

jawbreakerkid said:
this is ridiculous, our place kicker in college benched 390...a kicker?!? He was alot smaller than McNabb, just suck it up and realize he's stronger than you guys...plain and simple. Only argument on this thread that carries any weight, and I thought the same thing, is why in the hell is a QB benching?

Isn't this funny man? There is NO COMPARISON to semi-pro ball and the NFL. Think of this: the guys that play semi-pro ball can't lift the heavy numbers mentioned ---- well, then maybe that is why they are in semi-pro, not the NFL... Not that being able to lift incredible amounts of weight is going to make a man the perfect FB player. Most of the men of the NFL are AMAZING athletes, strong as hell, durable and tough, hell ---- Napoleon Kaufman was benching in the high 400's when he went to UW -- he is a running back, and smaller one at that.

LOL!!! Donovan was a good friend with my linebacker coach Jerome Hall. Alot of the player form the Syracuse Express were allowed into the training room (to train) of the Orange Men, I saw Donavon myself lift and YES 500 in NO problem for him, He deadlifted 575 for reps and he was much lighter back then. I sawe him do may different movements he is just strong, juiced.... maybe? Beleivie what you want, I was there.

Peace

HITHARD said:
LOL!!! Donovan was a good friend with my linebacker coach Jerome Hall. Alot of the player form the Syracuse Express were allowed into the training room (to train) of the Orange Men, I saw Donavon myself lift and YES 500 in NO problem for him, He deadlifted 575 for reps and he was much lighter back then. I sawe him do may different movements he is just strong, juiced.... maybe? Beleivie what you want, I was there.

Peace

Thank you. Now once again, Lee Banks, who is featured in this month Flex, and who is 5 weeks out from the nationals in Miami on Nov. 11th. Benched pressed 515lbs for 3 reps last week. BTW, he is 215lbs. Now, enough said. Now like someone said earlier, my question is why in the hell is a QB lifting that kind of weight during the season?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
knarf447
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131