over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

yet another bust

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. It's as bad as it sounds. It's a felony.

Unless you don't mind being a convicted felon then I guess it doesn't matter anyway.

yea...personally that'd be a big deal to me

:eek:

im not lawyer...but what it sounds like is that because they seized his first package that contained AAS, they put up a red flag looking for packages to him from China again. because they had found it once, they could anticipate another package and what was inside of it, hence the "anticipatory" warrant. but im not sure about that....

just my .02

thats what I was thinking too

if they had no doubt about him, I'm pretty sure they would not have inspected ****shop sachets

if they had no doubt about him, I'm pretty sure they would not have inspected ****shop sachets

i wouldnt go that far...im pretty sure that stuff isnt too stealth anymore...

The guy was living in and managing a house full of drug addicts, more than likely he ran his mouth off about his dealings and one of the residents snitched him off....

To be honest, that doesn't even sound like a real article, it almost seems to be something written up by someone just to create controversy, is there any actual source?

To be honest, that doesn't even sound like a real article, it almost seems to be something written up by someone just to create controversy, is there any actual source?

Here's another article on it:

Santa Cruz man indicted for importing steroids, selling to addicts
By JULIE COPELAND
Article Launched: 02/29/2008 10:14:04 PM PST

SAN JOSE - A Santa Cruz man has been indicted by a federal grand jury on charges of importing anabolic steroids he bought on the Internet and selling them at a ***** gym and to recovering addicts.

James Edward Moore Jr., 31, was arraigned on two felony charges in U.S. District Court in San Jose on Thursday. He pleaded not guilty.

Moore is accused of buying steroids and human growth hormone over the Internet from China and Moldova last year. Homeland Security inspectors discovered one of three packages in Los Angeles in late August and alerted a U.S. Postal inspector, who then contacted Santa Cruz sheriff's deputies to search the halfway house Moore managed and lived in, according to federal court documents.

Moore allegedly told agents he was using the drugs for health problems and de****g the performance-enhancing drugs to people at a ***** Gold's Gym for $3 to $4 a tablet and $125 a vial.

"Here again is an appetite for illegal substances on the U.S. being provided by importation from overseas," U.S. Attorney Joseph Russoniello said during a news conference Friday.

Russoniello's comments came in an interview that included a discussion of illegal drugs' impact on the health care system, illegal immigrants, foreign government drug intervention, the responsibility of professional sports teams for drug testing and infamous steroid suspect Barry Bonds.

Moore was arrested after agents discovered an international express mail package sent to Moore's residence in
Advertisement
the 700 block of Volz Lane in Santa Cruz. It contained: 200 ampules of Sustanon, 100 ampules of Nandrolone, 203 ampules of testosterone, 993 tablets of Stanozolol and 50 vials of chorionic gonadotrophin, a noncontrolled substance used to cut anabolic steroids, according to Immigration and Customs Enforcement special agent Phil Young of San Jose.

Inside the home on Volz Lane, where Moore lived in a house for recovering alcoholics and drug abusers, agents found a chained refrigerator filled with steroids and hypodermic needles, according to court documents. Moore had the only key.

During that Oct. 11 search, Santa Cruz sheriff's detective Cesar Ramirez found three Western Union money transfer receipts tot****g $3,000, e-mails discussing steroids and Tripart, a liquid commonly used on horses.

Moore told Young he was disabled, had cardiomyopathy and kidney problems and the steroids were to "fix his hormone levels." Moore admitted to placing about six orders of steroids from China, each for $1,000 to $2,000.

Sgt. Steve Carney of the sheriff's narcotics team said the Volz Lane residence is a sober living facility and that Moore was an unpaid manager and no longer lives there.

"You live there, do well and then move up to managing, but you don't get paid," said Carney, who was unsure if Moore had a paying job.

A week after the Oct. 11 raid, postal inspector Mitchell Herzog said he found another parcel, this one addressed to Drake Co. at the same Volz Lane address. Inside were 119 vials of steroids, 80 containers of human growth hormone and 997 pills.

Moore denied the package was for him during a subsequent search of the Volz Lane residence. A container of Teston QV 200, an anabolic steroid, was found in the room of Brad Holcomb.

Ramirez said Holcomb admitted that he purchased Teston, which was in the Drake Co. package, from Moore.

An e-mail receipt for a third package, this one purchased for $970 from Moldova, showed it was purchased by a Santa Cruz man, a known associate of Moore's on the 900 block of 39th Avenue, according to court documents. The package was delivered in the name of a woman to a post office box in Capitola registered to Moore. Inside were 16, 5 ml packages of a substance determined to contain testosterone.

Two months later, Santa Cruz County sheriff's investigators, searching a storage facility on Brommer Street in an unrelated case, discovered yet another stash of steroids and human growth hormone allegedly related to Moore. On Dec. 20, Ramirez said they found a box of suspected steroids and paraphernalia. Inside were more than 1,000 vials of steroids and human growth hormones and 18 containers of pills.

That led the detectives to get a search warrant for a residence on the 1800 block of Felt Street. While they where there, Moore arrived. Inside his pocket was a key to the Brommer Street storage facility.

Carney said arresting a steroid dealer is fairly uncommon.

"Although they are out there we don't run across them a lot," he said.

Carney said they don't know if Moore sold the steroids to teenagers.

"We don't know how long he had been buying steroids though we believe he had been involved in the activity for a while to have established a pattern with a person in China," Carney said.

***** authorities have had repeated contacts with Moore. Capitola police arrested him on suspicion of battery and tampering with a vehicle in 2002. Watsonville police arrested him on suspicion of ******** violence and driving with a suspended license the same year. Santa Cruz police have arrested him on suspicion of driving under the influence and ******** violence, most recently in 2003.

Moore's next hearing will be March 5. He is out on a $100,000 personal recognizance bond.

MediaNews contributed to this report.

im not lawyer...but what it sounds like is that because they seized his first package that contained AAS, they put up a red flag looking for packages to him from China again. because they had found it once, they could anticipate another package and what was inside of it, hence the "anticipatory" warrant. but im not sure about that....

just my .02

If only everyone had the ability to use logic..... It would save us from reading rediculous posts

In regard to Ip being safe.....

I would think that there's not much way they can track what comes from IP. I think that's why they might flag a reciever's address. A reciever's address I think would be more, "permanent proof".
If these companies use the same return address, then that might pose another issue.

Just my opinion.

[/QUOTE]Tripart, a liquid commonly used on horses.[/QUOTE]

What the hell is Tripart? Sounds like X for animals

i wouldnt go that far...im pretty sure that stuff isnt too stealth anymore...

dude, with the tons of packages treated daily, a package with "aromasomething" on it is not their first concern, I bet it

but as Moore's packages were under "high security" they opened every things that was looking suspect to them

this is how they work, customs have every rights to open what they want but in general their favorite food come from china and are labeled as steroids, not sachets labeled as "aromatherapy" or I don't know what

No. It's as bad as it sounds. It's a felony.

Unless you don't mind being a convicted felon then I guess it doesn't matter anyway.

Read it again Bro. I said Intent to distribute is NOT AS BAD AS distribution. Its a felony but getting popped with actual distribution holds a heftier sentence than intenet.

And if U have a decent lawyer, depending, can probably have the intent charges thrown out.

Whats the difference between an oz of weed and 4 - 7grm bags of weed? An additional charge of Intent to distribute with the 4 bags.

dude, with the tons of packages treated daily, a package with "aromasomething" on it is not their first concern, I bet it

but as Moore's packages were under "high security" they opened every things that was looking suspect to them

this is how they work, customs have every rights to open what they want but in general their favorite food come from china and are labeled as steroids, not sachets labeled as "aromatherapy" or I don't know what

all i know is ive seen a few times guys who said their stealth got stopped...

im not saying they've keyed on it or anything, i just dont think its near 100% like it used to be

Read it again Bro. I said Intent to distribute is NOT AS BAD AS distribution. Its a felony but getting popped with actual distribution holds a heftier sentence than intenet.

And if U have a decent lawyer, depending, can probably have the intent charges thrown out.

Whats the difference between an oz of weed and 4 - 7grm bags of weed? An additional charge of Intent to distribute with the 4 bags.
I don't need to read it again. You stated that intent to distribute isn't as bad as it sounds. Well, I call bullshit on that one. It is. It's every bit as bad as it sounds and if you're a professional in a professional line of work, even being CHARGED with intent to distribute will ruin you. Let alone actually being convicted. But you just keep on thinking the way you do and I'll think the way I do and that will be the end of that. Just remember that life is just full of inevitabilities.

Im Not going to be the One to Erase this thread
and be ACUSED BY SOMEONE OF "COVERING SOMETHING UP"
But You guys need to remember the rules here and watch how much you say.
This thread doesnt realy belong IMHO.
If you think its the first controlled deleivery of all time your crazy. Its nothing new or no breaking news.

If anyone thinks its the first time they have seized packets i highly doubt it and if you read the article and the amount of packets compared to the dollar amount that they stated something just don't add up

"Homeland Security inspectors discovered one of three packages

now I know what homeland security means. It means the right to go through your mail. It seems we have become the terrorists.

I guess this proves stealth packets aren't so stealth huh? :( For all those who don't think it's going to be you ... they came after this guy for a few vials and 16 sackets .. .

hes saying the investigation was opened becaues of a few vials and satchets. they got lucky when they found all the other stuff at his home...
it all started over 2 packages. how many guys here have had 2 packages since ORD started...

I totally agree with this...So to all of those "little fish", that state that "It will never happen to them, they're just a small fish and LE doesn't go after small fish", guess again...All it takes is that one time.....

I totally agree with this...So to all of those "little fish", that state that "It will never happen to them, they're just a small fish and LE doesn't go after small fish", guess again...All it takes is that one time.....

correct Kawasaki. If anyone In the Usa is still ordering the way things are now
They are crazy to think there are no risks involved. Anytime you break the law your taking a risk of facing a penalty.
Anytime someone breaks the law then comes to a Huge message forum to Post details about it your Not helping yourself out any either.

People need to be smart. Realize the reward Vs the risk of what your doing.

What sounds better/easier?

1.) Going off, losing a bit of mass/strength, but still able to eat, train and ultimately grow until things get straightened out in the AAS world....
Or.....
2.) Sit in a cell, or be on felony probation with a search clause, in which you cannot live your life in ANY freedom, not to mention not be able to land a decent job to pay for your food bills.

Weigh your consequences guys, there is a whole world out there to explore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear