over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Yet another heart attack in our membership, this time it's mine

I just had a heart attack on 8/15.

Want to start your own thread and share details with us? You might be able to help others with your experience so far.

Great to hear you're doing better! Thanks for sharing what you've been doing. I'm sure the cardio, veggies, and clean diet is playing a large role.

I just had a heart attack on 8/15.
How old, my friend? Have you been diagnosed with low EF and/or enlarged heart?

The more people that share, the less us young guys can feel invincible like it can't happen to us.

sharing with we yuong people will be grratly appreciated. Hope all of guys can take care of yourself.:eek:

Wish you could be better soon.
Maybe your work is very hard and heavy pressure on your shoulders.Relaxed yourself and have a good rest.

sorry to hear that wish u good luck bro, how did the heartattack happen?

glad the OP made all the right moves and is still with us

So often these threads turn into everyone trying to convince themselves their particular barrage of supplements will prevent them from having the same problem. While its certainly a good idea to take all measures we can to be healthy I am personally convinced that a LARGE majority of this is genetic. Some guys do all the right things and end up dropping dead. Some seemingly do everything in their power to destroy their health and live to be 90.

I was terrified earlier this year due to some symptoms I was having. coupled with 30 years of anabolic usage and a severely low HDL issue for years (like single digit). On paper I thought well shit I'm going for the full barrage of testing and no doubt I will end up in surgery. So I sign up, Heart CT, stress test, echo etc etc.

Absolutely no abnormalities of any type, calcium score of zero (no trace of buildup) , heart function optimal.

literally 30 years of non stop anabolic along with 10+ years of non stop GH usage...all of which I tapered off and stopped in the last couple years as I became more concerned.

now I do take and have for most of my life a good subset of preventative supplements , but all in all I think I was just one of the lucky ones and got out alive.

Just read through the whole thread. I would echo the above, I think supplements can be great but speaking as someone who has spent literally thousands of dollars over the last two years on various supplements with a myriad of apparently valid studies, with no improvement in my heart function (and actually a decline) it really is hugely individual. Hopefully the supplements help you Arko.

One of my friends here is a cardiac physiologist, he had me laughing the other day. He said "I don't know what you need to help your heart, but I'm pretty damn sure it won't come from 'NOW Foods' " lol

Obviously though it seems like you have made a lot of beneficial changes.

Just read through the whole thread. I would echo the above, I think supplements can be great but speaking as someone who has spent literally thousands of dollars over the last two years on various supplements with a myriad of apparently valid studies, with no improvement in my heart function (and actually a decline) it really is hugely individual. Hopefully the supplements help you Arko.

One of my friends here is a cardiac physiologist, he had me laughing the other day. He said "I don't know what you need to help your heart, but I'm pretty damn sure it won't come from 'NOW Foods' " lol

Obviously though it seems like you have made a lot of beneficial changes.

There is a huge misconception and misinformation about supplements, greatly spread around by people like your friend. Doctors. I completely understand where your friend is coming from, because remember this: Doctors, MD's, have no knowledge nor training in nutrition. None. They are trained for this: And you can verify this with him at any point in time. They are trained for allopathic reduction. For Trauma. NOT for cure of chronic diseases. All you friend is trained to do is drugs and and surgery. Thats it. A chronic disease, like in the case of heart disease, CANNOT be cured with drugs and surgery. And let me repeat this very clear. Heart disease CANNOT be cured with drugs and surgery. All drugs and surgery do is TREAT the condition. What ultimately can stop and reverse the condition? NUTRIENTS. Your tissue is made of nutrients. Each cell of your body works on nutrients. Certainly NOT on drugs. THE CAUSE of heart disease, just like any other chronic disease, has its foundation in NUTRIENT deficiency.

Now that this means that taking a garlic pill or a heart pill from now foods is all you need to live forever? Absolutely not. There is a whole universe of science and knowledge behind nutrient therapy, a universe that we have no access to. Naturopathic medicine, is only licensed to practice in 18 states. It is regulated that way by pharmaceutical corporations and MD's, because if you allow Naturopathic medicine to compete in a free open market, MD's will progressively be out of work in a decade. MD's are only useful in traumatic conditions when surgery is the last resort, when you break a bone, when you need to reattach a limb, etc.

There is a huge misconception and misinformation about supplements, greatly spread around by people like your friend. Doctors. I completely understand where your friend is coming from, because remember this: Doctors, MD's, have no knowledge nor training in nutrition. None. They are trained for this: And you can verify this with him at any point in time. They are trained for allopathic reduction. For Trauma. NOT for cure of chronic diseases. All you friend is trained to do is drugs and and surgery. Thats it. A chronic disease, like in the case of heart disease, CANNOT be cured with drugs and surgery. And let me repeat this very clear. Heart disease CANNOT be cured with drugs and surgery. All drugs and surgery do is TREAT the condition. What ultimately can stop and reverse the condition? NUTRIENTS. Your tissue is made of nutrients. Each cell of your body works on nutrients. Certainly NOT on drugs. THE CAUSE of heart disease, just like any other chronic disease, has its foundation in NUTRIENT deficiency.

Now that this means that taking a garlic pill or a heart pill from now foods is all you need to live forever? Absolutely not. There is a whole universe of science and knowledge behind nutrient therapy, a universe that we have no access to. Naturopathic medicine, is only licensed to practice in 18 states. It is regulated that way by pharmaceutical corporations and MD's, because if you allow Naturopathic medicine to compete in a free open market, MD's will progressively be out of work in a decade. MD's are only useful in traumatic conditions when surgery is the last resort, when you break a bone, when you need to reattach a limb, etc.

You're preaching to the choir man, trust me. For the record, my friend is as much a bro as he is a doctor. We have both been lifting for 10 years and both have a similar education (I will be getting a DDS or DDS/MD depending on which route I choose, and he has an MD and PhD). You are right that the amount of nutrition that is taught in med and dental school is pathetically lacking.

Having said that, he was more referring to the "garlic pill" as mentioned in your post. He is well aware that nutrition and lifestyle are hugely important.

Additionally, I think nutrition and lifestyle are much more important than the majority of supplements. Lifestyle and genetics reign supreme, as MorePain said to some degree. My grandmother and all of her sisters are in their 90's, all obese and inactive, "sturdy" old Italian women. My grandfather on that same side died of a heart attack when he was a thin 66 year old man. Medications may have prolonged his life, lifestyle almost certainly would have prolonged his life. But I doubt some Ribose and Arjuna would have add much if any time to his life, personally.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131