over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Yet another heart attack in our membership, this time it's mine

Dam Arko so sorry to hear this but glad you are alive.if it wasn't for that smart move on the 4 way stop who knows brother.I know the Dr. Saved your life but you saved your own life by the decision you made on that 4 way stop.if it was me I take a pic of that 4 way stop signs and blow up a poster for my wall to remind me that at that stop I made the biggest and best decision in my life.besides the day I married my wife.I wish you a speedy recovery friend.

Hi pman, that's a great idea I'm going to make it my wallpaper on my tablet+cell. Thanks
So far I'm definitely taking the following:
Co-q10
Serrapeptase ... breaks down/prevents plaque buildup
D-ribose
Garlic
Magnesium

Just looking for a vitamin c that isn't acsorbic acid.. there's supposed to be great success at plaque breakdown using a certain form of vit-c anyone heard of this?

A high % of people that have stents end up with the stent closing back up from more buildup, so really want to do everything possible to prevent it.

The other thing I want to figure out is what were the possible / likely causes for the blood clot I had.. could it be possible that a 2.5cc shot that passed through a vein (not injected into a vein) but when I withdrew I had a fair amount of blood leak down my leg, which I've had happen at least 50-100 times over the years with no ill effect. Could there have been some interaction with that and taking modafinil?
I may have been a little dehydrated, but nothing unusual so not sure if that could contribute or not?
I have had high BP for a long time, and chose to get off my BP meds a few years ago except I stayed on the thiazide 37.5mg/day. And I've chosen to disregard the high BP rather than do anything about it because the meds made me feel exhausted..
Now that I'm on amlodipine and bisporolol I don't feel tired from them to an uncomfortable degree which I assume is because the stent has really helped with blood supply.
My BP has been maintaining between 118/71 - 134/84 since 2 days after the attack using 10mg amlodipine, 5mg bisporolol, 75mg plavix, 1 aspirin, 80mg lipitor. I'm alternating eod for the lipitor, and will either cut it down to 10mg eod or cut it all together...

if any of your BP is high or heading that way do something about it now, don't wait. I'm fairly certain it's why my kidney function suffered so much.
I know a good % of you will without a doubt skim through my posts, thinking to yourself "I'm all good, I know what I'm doing, I won't have this problem my genetics are solid there's no heart attacks in my entire family, and I feel perfectly fine"
This line of thinking was mine up until the 1st incident a month before my heart attack, where I started to consider things might be happening.. and even then I stayed in denial and it nearly cost me my life.
I'm not even saying stay away from gear, but at least go about it as safe as possible.
Get full panel blood testing done at least 1-2 times a year, and check BP always weekly, and keep an eye on kidney function and so on.
The easy route is to live in denial, until it isn't......... why ignore it as I did, it's ignorant and weak!
Anyway I'll leave it at that for now, preaching session is over!
All the best my friends, to good health moving forward.

The initial clot busting drug they gave you was a 5000iu bolus of heparin. Usual protocol is 5000 heparin, 4 baby aspirin, 1-4 50mg iv pushes of metoprolol(beta blocker) and morphine. O2 goes on immediately to reduce cardiac workload and 1-3 nitro sublingual. The nitro is subjective and the metoprolol is usually not given if the heart is beating below 60bpm. I do cardiac alerts quite a bit and you are very fortunate bud. Glad to hear you had a positive outcome.

The sides of heparin do sound scary but honestly there is no option. You can stroke out if the clot busts loose as opposed to thins and breaks up but the alternative to not having the heparin usually doesn't work out well.

Has the doctor ordered an echo to see what % your heart is functioning at?

Yes they've done a few echo's, my ejection fraction was 45% 1 days after the attack, but they said it can get better over the next few weeks so here's to hoping.
There are numerous studies showing a 25% average increase of ejection fraction from d-ribose supplementation, and more with co-q10. So really hoping these will help.

Hi pman, that's a great idea I'm going to make it my wallpaper on my tablet+cell. Thanks

So far I'm definitely taking the following:

Co-q10

Serrapeptase ... breaks down/prevents plaque buildup

D-ribose

Garlic

Magnesium

Just looking for a vitamin c that isn't acsorbic acid.. there's supposed to be great success at plaque breakdown using a certain form of vit-c anyone heard of this?

A high % of people that have stents end up with the stent closing back up from more buildup, so really want to do everything possible to prevent it.

The other thing I want to figure out is what were the possible / likely causes for the blood clot I had.. could it be possible that a 2.5cc shot that passed through a vein (not injected into a vein) but when I withdrew I had a fair amount of blood leak down my leg, which I've had happen at least 50-100 times over the years with no ill effect. Could there have been some interaction with that and taking modafinil?

I may have been a little dehydrated, but nothing unusual so not sure if that could contribute or not?

I have had high BP for a long time, and chose to get off my BP meds a few years ago except I stayed on the thiazide 37.5mg/day. And I've chosen to disregard the high BP rather than do anything about it because the meds made me feel exhausted..

Now that I'm on amlodipine and bisporolol I don't feel tired from them to an uncomfortable degree which I assume is because the stent has really helped with blood supply.

My BP has been maintaining between 118/71 - 134/84 since 2 days after the attack using 10mg amlodipine, 5mg bisporolol, 75mg plavix, 1 aspirin, 80mg lipitor. I'm alternating eod for the lipitor, and will either cut it down to 10mg eod or cut it all together...

if any of your BP is high or heading that way do something about it now, don't wait. I'm fairly certain it's why my kidney function suffered so much.

I know a good % of you will without a doubt skim through my posts, thinking to yourself "I'm all good, I know what I'm doing, I won't have this problem my genetics are solid there's no heart attacks in my entire family, and I feel perfectly fine"

This line of thinking was mine up until the 1st incident a month before my heart attack, where I started to consider things might be happening.. and even then I stayed in denial and it nearly cost me my life.

I'm not even saying stay away from gear, but at least go about it as safe as possible.

Get full panel blood testing done at least 1-2 times a year, and check BP always weekly, and keep an eye on kidney function and so on.

The easy route is to live in denial, until it isn't......... why ignore it as I did, it's ignorant and weak!

Anyway I'll leave it at that for now, preaching session is over!

All the best my friends, to good health moving forward.

Arko.... Liposomal type vit c or even ascorbate anion is the active agent in most if not all vit c as far as a different type of vit c thats the only ones ive heard of....

Sent from my IpP using tapatrash

Oh, ok. I didn't need a Stent because all of my blockage was blood clot. Mine was 100% blocked.

I would have them do a DNA test for clotting disorders. I know of at least 2 but there are probably more disorders. Most common one I think is factor 5.

There is a doc i posted about out of Cincinnati that will send ANYONE the labs to check for everything in regards to factor v, and a slue of others.... Ive got his name and info if anyone wants it to contact him??

The initial clot busting drug they gave you was a 5000iu bolus of heparin. Usual protocol is 5000 heparin, 4 baby aspirin, 1-4 50mg iv pushes of metoprolol(beta blocker) and morphine. O2 goes on immediately to reduce cardiac workload and 1-3 nitro sublingual. The nitro is subjective and the metoprolol is usually not given if the heart is beating below 60bpm. I do cardiac alerts quite a bit and you are very fortunate bud. Glad to hear you had a positive outcome.

The sides of heparin do sound scary but honestly there is no option. You can stroke out if the clot busts loose as opposed to thins and breaks up but the alternative to not having the heparin usually doesn't work out well.

Has the doctor ordered an echo to see what % your heart is functioning at?

Streptokinase and/or TPA (thrombolytics) are given initially to rapidly dissolve the clots in MI and/or stroke. Heparin etc. are used as anticoagulants to prevent further clot formation.

I think you want Vitamin C as HypoAllergenic Ascorbic Acid. (QUALI-C)

Look into a product called Cardio-C that has proline and lysine as well.

Yes they've done a few echo's, my ejection fraction was 45% 1 days after the attack, but they said it can get better over the next few weeks so here's to hoping.
There are numerous studies showing a 25% average increase of ejection fraction from d-ribose supplementation, and more with co-q10. So really hoping these will help.

That is great you had that number and it means you didn't get too much damage. Mine was at below 20% and today sits around 25%, hence my defibrillator.

BTW, for some reason my EF came back 45% at the hospital the day after my heart attack but then about 3 weeks later I went into V Fib and almost died. They did another echo and it came out at below 20%. I think there was an error at the hospital on the first one somehow. No doctor can explain it, but my hypothesis was that perhaps that the dopamine and other drugs they had me on somehow raised the EF.

There is a doc i posted about out of Cincinnati that will send ANYONE the labs to check for everything in regards to factor v, and a slue of others.... Ive got his name and info if anyone wants it to contact him??

That is a great thing he is doing. I have factor 2. So many clotting factors.

Streptokinase and/or TPA (thrombolytics) are given initially to rapidly dissolve the clots in MI and/or stroke. Heparin etc. are used as anticoagulants to prevent further clot formation.

Yes, that is what they did with me I believe. They cleared most of my clot with a tiny capillary tube inside my artery, they aspirated it out. They are not able to get the clot out though when it goes down into smaller and smaller arteries, just too small. They use the clot busting drugs to try and get in those smaller arteries and dissolve the clots.

I was on heparin for about 3 days if I remember right. It turned both of my legs and my penis a dark black color because the bleeding was so extensive. Ive never seen anything like it. Bad swelling too, my member looked like an elephant trunk! That all happened because they had done the cath in both legs. Not sure why the bleeding also ended up in my crotch, guess blood flow is connected down there some.

Now I am on Coumadin.

Last edited:
Arko, how are you feeling now?

Every hospital must have different protocols, only time I bolus and drip tpa is after an embolic stroke.

During a stemi do you also bolus and drip tpa or is it just a push?

hey bud...
one thing I just noticed....
you started a thread on stims just before your heart attack.

I don't remember if you listed them in the post bout what you have taken the last years but stims are/can be very hard on the heart especially if you are a bigger guy.

I saw on 6/7 you talking bout sweating one new stim..
I hope you are not taking stims now. lol

be good to yourself bro!

others please keep this in mind, if you carry a lot of extra mass stims n party drugs canbe very bad news.

Drugs

Even just smoking pot can be deadly for someone with heart trouble like me. Pot is known to cause tachycardia even in healthy hearts, but a healthy heart is able to withstand it while a diseased heart cannot. In a compromised heart the tachycardia can lead to ventricular fibrillation which then leads to death if not corrected soon.

hey bud...

I don't remember if you listed them in the post bout what you have taken the last years but stims are/can be very hard on the heart especially if you are a bigger guy.

be good to yourself bro!

others please keep this in mind, if you carry a lot of extra mass stims n party drugs canbe very bad news.

Even just smoking pot can be deadly for someone with heart trouble like me. Pot is known to cause tachycardia even in healthy hearts, but a healthy heart is able to withstand it while a diseased heart cannot. In a compromised heart the tachycardia can lead to ventricular fibrillation which then leads to death if not corrected soon.

yeah but it is not so much physical effect as mental effect manifested into physical symptoms... as cana is in no way a stim.

great point though!

just coffee can be too much.

yeah but it is not so much physical effect as mental effect manifested into physical symptoms... as cana is in no way a stim.

great point though!

just coffee can be too much.

Well, it has a stimulant affect on the heart because that is well documented. It is physiological. I don't think the medical field fully understands the effects of cannabis. Heart rate does go up as an effect. If you still smoke take your pulse rate about 15-20 minutes after having some. I used to smoke that stuff a long time ago and it would get mine up to about 110-120 BPM every time I used it. Friends were all the same way too. The info we have on it in the medical field shows the same thing.

I think it is important for people with heart trouble to be aware of this. Most of the time you really are not aware of your heart rate being up like that when you smoke it.

From WEBMD
Marijuana: How Does It Affect You?

"Smoking pot can increase your heart rate by as much as two times for up to 3 hours. That’s why some people have a heart attack right after they use marijuana. It can increase bleeding, lower blood pressure, and affect your blood sugar, too."

hey bud...

be good to yourself bro!

Hi LK3, Definitely not ever taking modafinil or armodafinl again! Or other stims.
Interesting thing to note is years ago I used ephedrine 3-4 times a week, and energy drinks on days off. But over the past couple years ephedrine made me feel like shit, and made me feel cold.. so if it causes this effect in any of you but didn't in the past, it could very likely mean you've got some arteriosclerosis.
I was using modafinil over the past month because I was tired a lot more than usual, and mod. Isn't considered an actual stimulant so I thought it'd be ok.. but apparently it wasn't!
I did a decent workout today, light weights , full upper body, and 20mins treadmill walking with a few mins jogging here and there.

Well, it has a stimulant affect on the heart because that is well documented. It is physiological. I don't think the medical field fully understands the effects of cannabis. Heart rate does go up as an effect. If you still smoke take your pulse rate about 15-20 minutes after having some. I used to smoke that stuff a long time ago and it would get mine up to about 110-120 BPM every time I used it. Friends were all the same way too. The info we have on it in the medical field shows the same thing.

I think it is important for people with heart trouble to be aware of this. Most of the time you really are not aware of your heart rate being up like that when you smoke it.

From WEBMD
Marijuana: How Does It Affect You?

"Smoking pot can increase your heart rate by as much as two times for up to 3 hours. That’s why some people have a heart attack right after they use marijuana. It can increase bleeding, lower blood pressure, and affect your blood sugar, too."

stim effect but not a stim. lol
WE don't have so much info yet on endocanabinoid system so in theory there COULD be some sorta physical link but as of now there is not one.

what there we do have is a clear but misunderstood change in perception, this change in perception is like the root of the physical shit...

when someone who is not accustomed to the effects uses cann they get a drastic change in perception ( most ppl call this the "high" ) this is why most first use cann.

that change is just perception there is no physical change. but changing how you see the world can cause all types of weird shit to happen.

the mental effect is all in your head, you can make it go away and or change.

fucking with perception can be like lifting weights for your brain. lol

Do you know what type of IgG to get tested? There are a lot.
Rubeola igg, candida, toxoplasma,etc...

**broken link removed**

I'm guessing it's this:

**broken link removed**

And hopefully not this:

**broken link removed**

Got my results back. Not sure how I feel about it. Thinking they should be higher.

872 Range 700-1600

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume