over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Yohimbine HCL + Fasted AM Cardio

UGAthlete

Registered
I've been reading about this combo for a few days now. One concern I have is the increased insulin secretion for ~2-3 hours after taking yohimbine hcl. For the sites that discuss this, they suggest taking in a protein/fat meal following cardio and the next meal should fall outside that window.

Is this something I should follow and/or be concerned with? It makes sense; just looking for other's input on it.

Also, if I follow the .2mg/kg (~1mg/10lb), is that split doses or all at once in the AM?

Thanks.

I take 25mg all at once 45 mins before my fasted AM cardio and have seen great results so far, down about 10 pounds in the last 2 weeks but unless your diet is spot on you might as well forget about using yohimbine. And also is you are on any kind of meds for panic/anxiety attacks, I would build up the dose. I have panic attacks and had to start at 5mg,10mg,15mg,20mg until I built up a tolerance otherwise 10 mins into my workout I would think I was having a heart attack. Use yohimbine with caution.

I followed this protocol

I took 7.5 mg HCL with black coffee and water before my fasted morning 45 minute cardio. Then after this had my meal #1 for the day (at this point I am more than starved anyway), then 2 hours later, I am hungry again so I eat meal #2. I got great results. Did this for weeks. Any higher doses was a little too much for me.

I took 7.5 mg HCL with black coffee and water before my fasted morning 45 minute cardio. Then after this had my meal #1 for the day (at this point I am more than starved anyway), then 2 hours later, I am hungry again so I eat meal #2. I got great results. Did this for weeks. Any higher doses was a little too much for me.

Did you meal #1 have carbs?

Not to worry...

I haven't honestly looked up the insulin response to yohimbine, but I do feel comfortable saying I don't think you have anything to worry about... I just liken it to those who take insulin pre-workout but are still losing fat/cutting. The same goes for those who take E/C... technically that combination will raise blood sugar, but, the thermogenic effects outweigh the rise.

Thanks for all responses guys.

Here is a portion of a ridiculous article on yohimbine.. pretty much everything you'd want to know regarding receptors, pathways, etc.

Considering the research that is available thus far, it is conceivable that the optimal plan for administrating yohimbine as a lipid-mobilizing agent would be early mornings after an overnight fast and several hours before breakfast. The relatively low levels of plasma glucose would not stimulate a yohimbine-potentiated increase in insulin that would otherwise negate its lipolytic effects. Utilization of body fat stores would be optimal with low insulin levels and lipid-mobilizing stimulation of the SNS. Conceivably, yohimbine administration could be followed in two to three hours by ingestion of a high-protein, high-fat meal. Protein ingestion will cause only a transient rise in plasma glucose levels with a concomitant rise in insulin secretion. Accompanying dietary fat will slow digestion and absorption of protein in the same meal. Therefore, the resulting insulin spike will only transiently blunt lipolysis.

Source (I know it's geared towards women but the info should be the same)

food timing

The main concern is really with your food timing... if taken with food the insulin release from food is what negates the lipolytic effect of Y. When I do take it, I take it 2 times a day with my E/C combo about 2 hours after my last meal or 1 hour before the next.

Here is a snippet from the website you linked...
The lipid-mobilizing effects of yohimbine are completely negated when administered with or after a meal (35). Administration of a 2-antagonists such as yohimbine increases insulin secretion during glucose stimulation. This is attributable to the blockage of the a 2-ARs on pancreatic beta-cells and to concomitant stimulation of the pancreatic beta-ARs. Yohimbine was administered to test subjects in earlier studies which caused increased insulin secretion to blunt its lipid mobilizing effects (40). However, in fasting conditions, yohimbine does not increase insulin levels. These results demonstrate the importance of nutritional status when administering a 2-antagonists as lipid-mobilizing agents.

So, I think, bottom line- empty stomach, no worries :)

Thanks for all responses guys.

Here is a portion of a ridiculous article on yohimbine.. pretty much everything you'd want to know regarding receptors, pathways, etc.

Source (I know it's geared towards women but the info should be the same)

Seems pretty much like what I was doing. I took the HCL with my coffee 1/2 hour or so before my cardio to wake up, hit the 45 minutes of cardio and another 1/2 hour after this to have meal #1. A solid 2 hours had passed. I need some slow burn carbs after though or I tend to crash.

The main concern is really with your food timing... if taken with food the insulin release from food is what negates the lipolytic effect of Y. When I do take it, I take it 2 times a day with my E/C combo about 2 hours after my last meal or 1 hour before the next.

Here is a snippet from the website you linked...
The lipid-mobilizing effects of yohimbine are completely negated when administered with or after a meal (35). Administration of a 2-antagonists such as yohimbine increases insulin secretion during glucose stimulation. This is attributable to the blockage of the a 2-ARs on pancreatic beta-cells and to concomitant stimulation of the pancreatic beta-ARs. Yohimbine was administered to test subjects in earlier studies which caused increased insulin secretion to blunt its lipid mobilizing effects (40). However, in fasting conditions, yohimbine does not increase insulin levels. These results demonstrate the importance of nutritional status when administering a 2-antagonists as lipid-mobilizing agents.

So, I think, bottom line- empty stomach, no worries :)

Thank you for clarifying.. that's what I was looking for!

Seems pretty much like what I was doing. I took the HCL with my coffee 1/2 hour or so before my cardio to wake up, hit the 45 minutes of cardio and another 1/2 hour after this to have meal #1. A solid 2 hours had passed. I need some slow burn carbs after though or I tend to crash.
Yes I've been doing similar as well. I definitely need (want) slow carbs in the morning, even more so following cardio on a thermococktail.

Thanks for your help!

oral yohimbine is beneficial, particularly when NE releasers or NE RUI are used... but there is fine line between benefit and overstimulation... it will significantly enhance the stimulant potential of ephedrine....with respect to fat loss... fasted use is best... or even semi-fasted (small meal at least 2hr prior).... for best fat loss... a topical like Yohimburn is more effective (applied to female fat pattern storage depots--- which are generally alpha 2 rich--- this is why women typically find it much easier to store and maintain body fat--- however with rather rampant increases in bodyfat and estrogen exposures... men have come a long way to catching up)... Topicals like yohimburn deliver much higher amounts of the compound to the tissues that respond the most, while limiting the CNS effects that come from oral use...

so get jacked up-- oral, sublingual or "rails" (small ones... frlol)
lose fat--- topicals like Yohimburn ES, though you will see benefit (albeit limited... with oral use)

oral yohimbine is beneficial, particularly when NE releasers or NE RUI are used... but there is fine line between benefit and overstimulation... it will significantly enhance the stimulant potential of ephedrine....with respect to fat loss... fasted use is best... or even semi-fasted (small meal at least 2hr prior).... for best fat loss... a topical like Yohimburn is more effective (applied to female fat pattern storage depots--- which are generally alpha 2 rich--- this is why women typically find it much easier to store and maintain body fat--- however with rather rampant increases in bodyfat and estrogen exposures... men have come a long way to catching up)... Topicals like yohimburn deliver much higher amounts of the compound to the tissues that respond the most, while limiting the CNS effects that come from oral use...

so get jacked up-- oral, sublingual or "rails" (small ones... frlol)
lose fat--- topicals like Yohimburn ES, though you will see benefit (albeit limited... with oral use)

Dont mean to hijack this thread to the orginal poster, it somewhat implies to your topic

Marco; if I may ask;

What are your thoughts on these new magical tablets that consist of T325mcg/Yohimbine/40mcg of clen.

Is this a heart attack waiting to happen? Is this something that one male OR female can take prior to training in the morning on a empty stomach?

Thank you in advance.

Chip

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear