over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

YOU got no legs dude

Typically, older guys are more self-assured and have a better understanding of female attraction in general...and being that I am one of those older guys (42), I can tell you with absolute certainly that one's body is not the most important factor in female attraction, nor is it the 2nd, or 3rd, or probably even the 4th thing on their list.

I've said this before as well but some people are adamant women are attracted to a hot bod first and foremost. They really don't care about it much, if at all. And the ones who do are probably women you don't want to have around you anyway.

Just read an article about 'average' women still believe the stereotype that bodybuilders and men with muscles are for fun and one night stands. They tend to choose a less muscled man because this type looks more like long term relationship material. So its an insecurity and misinformation judgement on their behalf.
Yet, theres still always an attraction to a developed body, even if women are choosing based on security.

When I see a guy who puts in the time and effort into his legs... o.m.g! Weak in the knees. I know how much effort and work it takes to develop legs. Not only does a balanced physique look very atttractive, the effort its taken is an attractive quality. Heres a guy who knows how to push and try hard. Someone with mind over matter ability. Can overcome pain for success. Understands that longterm health comes from a sturdy foundation of strong legs and core. Understands that legs get even smaller with age, which will make that belly appear even larger.

I see a guy with chicken legs, or thinks hes cleverly hiding them in pants... now, theres a corner-cutter. A softie, a pussy that takes the easy route. Trains only the mirror muscles, which equals vanity only.
It takes substance, perserverance, and a certain mentality to pursue and achieve regular leg training. Thats the guy Id choose for the long run any time. The guy with pencil legs... probably doesnt try hard in most areas. Picks whats easy, cuts corners, not as serious... probably even leaves his shopping cart in the parking lot instead of pushing thr 10 yards to return it.
Just my thoughts and way of seeing it... but Id choose the guy who leans in, rather than skips leg day, any time

I've found that tiny thighs make my micro-penis look bigger so I avoid lowerbody.

Just read an article about 'average' women still believe the stereotype that bodybuilders and men with muscles are for fun and one night stands. They tend to choose a less muscled man because this type looks more like long term relationship material. So its an insecurity and misinformation judgement on their behalf.
Yet, theres still always an attraction to a developed body, even if women are choosing based on security.

When I see a guy who puts in the time and effort into his legs... o.m.g! Weak in the knees. I know how much effort and work it takes to develop legs. Not only does a balanced physique look very atttractive, the effort its taken is an attractive quality. Heres a guy who knows how to push and try hard. Someone with mind over matter ability. Can overcome pain for success. Understands that longterm health comes from a sturdy foundation of strong legs and core. Understands that legs get even smaller with age, which will make that belly appear even larger.

I see a guy with chicken legs, or thinks hes cleverly hiding them in pants... now, theres a corner-cutter. A softie, a pussy that takes the easy route. Trains only the mirror muscles, which equals vanity only.
It takes substance, perserverance, and a certain mentality to pursue and achieve regular leg training. Thats the guy Id choose for the long run any time. The guy with pencil legs... probably doesnt try hard in most areas. Picks whats easy, cuts corners, not as serious... probably even leaves his shopping cart in the parking lot instead of pushing thr 10 yards to return it.
Just my thoughts and way of seeing it... but Id choose the guy who leans in, rather than skips leg day, any time

You don't always have to judge a book by its cover! I've had back issues since I was 17...turned out to be Ankylosing Spondylitis. That along with herniated discs have led me to 4 spine surgeries and I'm about to have my 5th in a little over a week. I even came back from a broken femur at 22. I used to train my legs hard and had decent legs at one time but eventually the spinal issues caught up and squats were out. Leg press and extensions just didn't do the trick for size. Oddly, my calves are decent and I rarely train them...maybe once a month...go figure.

You don't always have to judge a book by its cover! I've had back issues since I was 17...turned out to be Ankylosing Spondylitis. That along with herniated discs have led me to 4 spine surgeries and I'm about to have my 5th in a little over a week. I even came back from a broken femur at 22. I used to train my legs hard and had decent legs at one time but eventually the spinal issues caught up and squats were out. Leg press and extensions just didn't do the trick for size. Oddly, my calves are decent and I rarely train them...maybe once a month...go figure.

I did say that its just my thoughts and opinion... we all have these, and preferences when it comes to choosing a partner. There are always exceptions to the rule, sometimes not seen at first glance, as youre pointing out. We dont know one another personally... take it as such... its great that youve had the habits, unfortunate turn of circumstance

Last edited:
I love training legs. My favourite exercise is probably hack squats.

I wouldn't be able to not train them, but train everything else. I think it would feel weird having sore, hard muscles everywhere else and legs feeling like nothing. Of course it looks ridiculous too.

There are many reasons for not doing things, often there are real reasons. But more often they are simply excuses for not doing hard work. No matter what area, bodybuilding or any other, lack of discipline, fear or laziness, are things that most can not overcome.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXGq8rlq2I0"]Waking Life - The Gap/ Stories of Progress - YouTube[/ame]

You guys are forgetting the most obvious reason: it makes your upper body look even bigger than it is. Bodybuilding is all about illusion. Can't blame those guys for not training legs. (even though I think it looks silly to have chicken legs under a buff upper body)

Sorry but none of these guys skip leg day because they want the ILLUSION of a bigger upper body. The bums that skip leg day (and add in another chest or back day) do it because leg training sucks, is hard AND the average person isn't going to compliment you on your quads....simple as that.

I have always had more developed legs than upper body. And now that shit is somewhat equal, the dumb girls compliment me on my arms and the guys that know their shit (or dudes who understand BBing) compliment me on calves and lower body stuff.

Last edited:
I workout near a base, and there are some big upper body/smaller leg guys because they have to do so much running. We had one operator who would always do the state shows when he was in country who had this problem. He would work legs hard too, they were just small from the extreme amount of endurance work.

Just mentioning that so people don't accidently judge someone who is sacrificing so much for our country.

it's the simple female dualistic mating strategy

they don't think they can get commitment from the lean and muscular guy, because he probably has loads of other girls pining after him... so he's just a fun 'hook-up'

so they 'settle down lol' with the soft, pudgy boy who they don't have to worry about losing to a better-looking woman.

one type of man for pleasure, one type of man for provision.

of course, she will grow to resent her soft but reliable provider because he's not as exciting and gruff as the tatted muscular hunks who had her in her youth...but that's a whole other story.

What Mike Arnold posted is spot on in regards to what women think. Of course there will always be exceptions especially women who compete. So many lads/men these days have chicken legs but they wear those tight skinny jeans so don't even mind them. Girls don't seem to mind that at all. Now older women it's different and no one wants a man with 16 inch quads but most don't want guys with big legs either. A lot of men have perfectly sized legs even if they don't go to the gym. I think a lot of bodybuilders views on women are skewed and it's usually stems from their own insecurities.

I sometimes get insecure about my legs in shorts but I know no women are thinking anything bad. But who would train for women... that is something you do at 17. My feelings are more for what I think. Plus I hate the idea someone would look at me and think I don't train legs hard when in fact it's the opposite.

When I posted about being tall that wasn't an excuse just fact. I don't for 1 second think I would have amazing legs if I were shorter. But I do know I would have much bigger/thicker ones. Most of the tall guys I know who train legs hard don't have big legs but they just look lean/athletic. These are guys squatting 4/5 plates a side as well regularly. It's just not on the cards for some people unless they weigh well over 300 pounds. That's why guys like Dallas McCarvor really impressed me. Jamie Christian-Johal is another good example of someone very tall who has built great legs over time. Although whenever I see pics of freaky legs that make you think wtf pretty much everytime (there are some exceptions) the guys are 5ft1-5ft8.

As TOO55 posted most don't train their legs very hard because it hurts. I can push my upper body 100% and I feel ok the next day. If I push my legs 100% I can't walk for 3 days. Although it's not even with just legs. I find most people who generally train very hard train everything hard uncluding legs.

they don't think they can get commitment from the lean and muscular guy, because he probably has loads of other girls pining after him... so he's just a fun 'hook-up'

so they 'settle down lol' with the soft, pudgy boy who they don't have to worry about losing to a better-looking woman.

of course, she will grow to resent her soft but reliable provider because he's not as exciting and gruff as the tatted muscular hunks who had her in her youth...but that's a whole other story.

Sad/funny but so true. I see many women I have been with in the past (who I have seen with other similar types) end up marrying someone you would never put them with ever. Plus most split up (divorce) after approx 5-10 years. LS please don't reply as I know you really want to :eek::D

Right on time

:eek:

Sad/funny but so true. I see many women I have been with in the past (who I have seen with other similar types) end up marrying someone you would never put them with ever. Plus most split up (divorce) after approx 5-10 years. LS please don't reply as I know you really want to :eek::D

you got their best for free... some chump is paying top dollar for the leftovers

pretty wild huh? and he'll end up paying out the ass for God knows how long because UK divorce is slightly worse than the US

im seeing it in the girls i went to school with.. we are all approaching 30 now, and Father Time has come to collect.

these girls frantically cleaning up their social media and getting back into church so they can snatch some beta chump before their eggs dry up

can't take those God awful tattoos off tho lmao :eek:

It takes substance, perserverance, and a certain mentality to pursue and achieve regular leg training.

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

I forgot to add I have no interest in competing whatsoever. Nor do I have the genetics to do well. But if I were to compete in BB I would 100% use Big A's syntherol protocol in my quads. I couldn't care less about having big quads but if I competed it would be needed for me. But for normal life I couldn't think of anything worse. Even now I can't get pants to fit me unless I get stretchy fabric and even then I just feel uncomfortable walking around and sitting down with pants on that tight. I have to get pants 4 inches too big on the waist to fit my legs and they are not even that big so it would be impossible if I started putting syntherol in them.

I did say that its just my thoughts and opinion... we all have these, and preferences when it comes to choosing a partner. There are always exceptions to the rule, sometimes not seen at first glance, as youre pointing out. We dont know one another personally... take it as such... its great that youve had the habits, unfortunate turn of circumstance

True, but any woman who is choosing a partner based on leg size probably isn't the most mentally well balanced lady out there. This is not directed at you in any way, as you are not only into bodybuilding (unlike most women), but you were also a man not too long ago. I would imagine this is why your opinion on the matter sounds more like the Pro-leg males in this thread, rather than the typical female.

The average women hardly even considers leg development, if at all. Yes, she may notice horrible imbalances (ex. massive upper-body and pencil legs), but most people aren't like this. As I said in a previous post, I haven't trained legs in 15 years, yet they are still 28 inches. I stopped training legs after I blew-out my knee doing 600 lb farmer's walks...and any attempt at hard leg training (even warm-up weight hurts) will have me knees killing me for weeks. In my case, my legs barely shrank after I stopped training them. Yes, they shrank at first, but as I gained another 50 pounds of upper-body mass, my legs grew several inches (with zero training), so they never really got out of proportion with my upper-body....at least from the average person's standpoint.

Skipping leg training can give a halfway decent physique. If halfway there is good enough for some so be it. But I was always iinterested in power as much as size. Without a strong base moving large weights in real life siuations leaves you doing as much as most guys. And not looking strong.

There are many reasons for not doing things, often there are real reasons. But more often they are simply excuses for not doing hard work. No matter what area, bodybuilding or any other, lack of discipline, fear or laziness, are things that most can not overcome.

Waking Life - The Gap/ Stories of Progress - YouTube

Yes, and many bodybuilders are notorious for using bodybuilding as an excuse to slack-of in many areas of life that require long-term hard work and personal sacrifice, such as building a career/business, being a husband, a father, etc. Many of these things involve more than just selfish desire and instant gratification.

So yes, I would agree with you wholeheartedly that many people do put-off doing things simply because they involve hard work and personal sacrifice...and many bodybuilders are a prime example of that, including the ones with big legs.

This comment is not in any way an attack against bodybuilders, as I have loved bodybuilding my whole life (admittedly, I prefer previous eras of bodybuilding over the current one), but was posted simply to show the ridiculousness of anyone who espouses the belief that someone is weak-minded or lacks discipline simply because they don't put a lot of effort into leg training. Not everyone is an aspiring competitive bodybuilder...or they have other reasons they don't train legs/ don't train them hard. We all have different goals and live under different circumstances...and having Ramy-like legs just doesn't matter for most of these people, including bodybuilders (by bodybuilders, I mean people who use weights to build their physique in a way that is desirable to them).

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner