over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

You guys that go low fats

juggy38

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
What do y'all consider LOW? Say for a 200lb man, leaning down, setting fats at 60-70g seems like "middle of the road?"

I was just thinking, that you could get like super super low, if your protein sources were isolate powders, egg whites, tuna, FF cottage cheese and your carbs were strictly potatoes/rice.

You could easily hit 300g protein and 200g carbs and not break 30g fat. Don't a few pros on here eat like 40/45/15?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

60-70 isnt very low in my opinion...you can have a red meat meal and a few servings of coconut oil and still not break 35-40

Low could be a where from 20-80 grams of fat depending on your metabolism and LBM

I'm 228 at 8% bf and there really is no low for me. I eat as much healthy fats as I want. Early in my day I eat almost no fat with moderate carbs later in the day I pull my carbs and have as much natural PB or coconut oil steak as I want usually ends up being 100-120 grams of fat a day. Count calories not macros. Obviously I don't mean 'If it fits' but I think people stress too much about fat when they should be looking more at "overall daily caloric expenditure"

Low is 40-50 for me when maintain or gaining n sub 30 if prepping. .

This is what I go to when I want to be low fat high carb

Most are usually in my first meal thats pro/fat

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. Seems like get your protein, enough carbs to train Hard as hell, then fill rest of calories with healthy foods.

If were talking about cutting 5g fish oil and 3g evening primrose oil For me so 7g. There's trace amounts in my veg and chicken breast but even my chicken breast i dice and boil. Every gram of fat I lose is almost 2g of carbs I can eat. With this approch I never have to go below 300 carbs cutting. Even protein Comes down a little before Ill touch carbs. I like this approch a lot and feel very good and drop fat much faster than on low carb diets which I fucking hate. Fats about 50-70 all other times. This lets me get a good 600 or so carbs training days and 400 or so rest days. Sometimes more if im hungry. The most carbs I eat the more pleasant life seems:)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
If were talking about cutting 5g fish oil and 3g evening primrose oil For me so 7g. There's trace amounts in my veg and chicken breast but even my chicken breast i dice and boil. Every gram of fat I lose is almost 2g of carbs I can eat. With this approch I never have to go below 300 carbs cutting. Even protein Comes down a little before Ill touch carbs. I like this approch a lot and feel very good and drop fat much faster than on low carb diets which I fucking hate. Fats about 50-70 all other times. This lets me get a good 600 or so carbs training days and 400 or so rest days. Sometimes more if im hungry. The most carbs I eat the more pleasant life seems:)

Have you always done good with carbs? I'm an ex fatty.....

For some reason yes. I've often found bulking if I increase carbs and nothing else I seem to lean out a bit. I always seem to earn up eating carbs so just seem to burn them well. I never crash of sugary stuff either. I Seem to be able to eat carbs and protein with almost impunity for some reason if I keep fats low. At the same time if I drop carbs to 200 I feel like death and can't sleep for shit and no amount of healthy fats make me feel normal. Fats I just don't miss at all and get none off the negatives like sore joints or dry skin etc.

Last edited:
Hmm, I usually eat 15-20g added fat from avocados and hummus, that could be 40-50g carbs instead.

Hmm, I usually eat 15-20g added fat from avocados and hummus, that could be 40-50g carbs instead.

Well yes but to be honest unless you really struggle with carb restriction like I do I think it's best to keep the avocado in and lose a few carbs. I have a few reasons for keeping every gram of carb possible in. I can't sleep well on less than 300. I get very irritable on less than 300. I get heavy legs on less than about 250 which is fucking horrible. On 200 or less i get brain fog, feel somewhat depressed and just generally hate fucking life. For me 200g carbs probably feels like 30 to most people. It takes me an absolute ridiculous amount of carbs to fill of when depleted. A couple of days at 1000 plus. I deplete real easy just sleeping. I just have a very high carb metabolism, either that or I just don't digest them very well and Mabey shit half of them out, I really don't know. Point im making though is I only choose this approach out of necessity and working with my body rather than against it. No diet is worth hating life for.

Low is 40-50 for me when maintain or gaining n sub 30 if prepping. .

This is what I go to when I want to be low fat high carb

Most are usually in my first meal thats pro/fat

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

If your bulking, what would your first meal look like with most of the fats in your first meal?

Ex fatty to, without divulging to much since I respect Shelby and I hired him for prep I've been doing most fat ever on a prep roughly 120 grams carbs moderate and seem to be doing well. I'm nothing special but have pics in pic you took today thread and can see progression. This higher fat approach works better than previous low fat prep diet.

Ex fatty to, without divulging to much since I respect Shelby and I hired him for prep I've been doing most fat ever on a prep roughly 120 grams carbs moderate and seem to be doing well. I'm nothing special but have pics in pic you took today thread and can see progression. This higher fat approach works better than previous low fat prep diet.

Agreed.:yeahthat:

Only "problem" I have from eating a lot of fat is that I don't get hungry and cant eat enough protein to grow

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by red5150

Disagree, I also hired Shelby and had my fats higher than normal and what happened, I stayed fat. Well not fat but had similar results In 8 weeks with low fat, low carbs as to a 14 week diet of higher fats/ keto and did about half the cardio as well. Not bashing Shelby just sharing my experience.

Quote:

Disagree, I also hired Shelby and had my fats higher than normal and what happened, I stayed fat. Well not fat but had similar results In 8 weeks with low fat, low carbs as to a 14 week diet of higher fats/ keto and did about half the cardio as well. Not bashing Shelby just sharing my experience.

Idk what to say to that other than what my experience has been, and also doing less cardio and less "burners" than prior prep.

Quote:

this is why not one thing works for all, I keep my fat below 30 and carbs high, tried the low carb thing with the advice from a pro and what happen? got small and stayed soft.

when will everyone realize one thing doesn't work for everyone

Only "problem" I have from eating a lot of fat is that I don't get hungry and cant eat enough protein to grow

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

I get bad GI distress and sluggish with fat. Every body is different. Try it all find what works

I get bad GI distress and sluggish with fat. Every body is different. Try it all find what works

And here's the million dollar answer

Good thoughts guys. I know I get extremely hungry when I do protien/carb meal. After my PWO meal of basmati rice and chicken, I can barely make it 2 hours till dinner. Protein/fat doesn't do that. I would do more pro/carb meals if I could control my damn hunger but a protein/carb dinner at 7pm scares me. I might turn into the Cookie Monster

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner