over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

You have to get stronger

99% of People will not have Zane genetics so will just look small/bad at that body weight even if lean.

what happens when buck 80 5'9 Zane puts on a shirt (you know to talk to girls since they don't Rly look at oiled up dudes trying to pick up) and stands next to a 6'2 dude that's 250 lbs as per your example?

Whichever one has a better face gets the girl lol

If you look like a mongrel facially; big muscles will only take you so far [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you look like a mongrel facially; big muscles will only take you so far [emoji846]

Very true, doesn’t matter how hard you workout if you’re just an ugly fuck....

Dude with a great personality and OK face and dad bod will get higher quality women, probly just as beautiful too, than a guy with a handsome face/ripped abs but shit personality

99% of People will not have Zane genetics so will just look small/bad at that body weight even if lean.

what happens when buck 80 5'9 Zane puts on a shirt (you know to talk to girls since they don't Rly look at oiled up dudes trying to pick up) and stands next to a 6'2 dude that's 250 lbs as per your example?

#1. I didn’t say 6’2 250lbs, I said bodybuilder proportions and made the exact example of 5’7-5’8 250lbs... Please read my entire post if you’re going to rebuttal...

#2. Id say he looks like a pretty fit guy with a shirt on, good thing they don’t only make size 3XL shirts, huh? Lol

I get this isn’t everyone’s ideal physique FOR THEMSELVES, but to say he looks like shit/skinny is ridiculous.. I said he has the ideal panty dropping physique and given everyone wants to throw their 2 cents about personalities etc then I’ll just say a body like Zane with a good looking face and great personality pulls more women than a 5’7 250lb bodybuilder with a great personality :D

Edit: But yes, height is a factor as well so to YOUR example, if the 6’2 guy is well proportioned and is good looking with a great personality, he’s slaying all the women lol

Attachments

• FF7A129A-A944-4D06-9879-0B0F3B55378A.jpeg
    FF7A129A-A944-4D06-9879-0B0F3B55378A.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 220
Last edited:
I love how every single thread turns into this lmao

It’s like little slice planted a virus in the matrix and it keeps showing up

Title: “Will I get better absorption injecting tren in my eyeballs”

*17 posts down*

“What women are truly looking for is...”

Coleman’s form is terrible and I don’t want to hear that he found what worked for him and that’s what it took to win eight Olympia titles.

The problem is that you do not understand.

Both Ronnie, as Dorian, as Topm Platz, understood the lift weight as a constant challenge. Lifting was not just a means to build muscle and win competitions, its for kept their flames burning.

Dorian said that lifting was not about the body, but about the mind. For him, light training did not make sense because it was not challenging, regardless of building muscle or not.

Last edited:
The problem is that you do not understand.

Both Ronnie, as Dorian, as Topm Platz, understood the lift weight as a constant challenge. Lifting was not just a means to build muscle and win competitions, its for kept their flames burning.

Dorian said that lifting was not about the body, but about the mind. For him, light training did not make sense because it was not challenging, regardless of building muscle or not.

You're the one that fails to understand, yet again. A recurring theme with you. I never said the progressive overload was a problem. I'm 100% in the belief of that approach and utilize it myself.

An earlier post compared other top athletes; baseball players and football players. Those guys can't control certain variables being at the top level. A pitcher throwing a ball is going to have a fucked up shoulder and arm eventually if he's aiming to throw it 100 mph. He can't throw slower or softer to save his shoulder otherwise he's not striking anyone out. A football player can't control how hard a 330 lb linebacker tackles him. These risks at the top level of these sports are variables that can't be controlled.

Lifting weights can be done in smarter ways. There's plenty of examples of guys "getting after it" with weights in a safer manner and still building tons of muscle. Dorian is an example. All his injuries occurred pre-contest with low body fat and low energy resources. He's admitted in hindsight multiple times that it was a mistake. Jordan Peters and Dusty Hanshaw also lift insane weights in a smart way. Coleman could have done all the same workouts he did, lifted all the same weights he did, and gotten as big as he did lifting in a safer manner. Videos of him front squatting; bouncing all over the place, bowed knees swirling inward and then today as he takes 200 pain meds a day saying "I wouldn't change a thing" is stupid.

How do you move furniture? Do you pick up a couch as fast as you can, run down the hall, jump down the stairs, and heave it into the truck?

I'm not sure how you can call the greatest body builder of all time's mindset stupid. He did what he had to and doesn't regret it and if you can't understand that, then in reality you're the stupid one.

Also using Dusty as an example doesn't really make a lot of sense here either because his form is not 100% and he has been plagued with countless injuries. Not hating on em, love the guy. Just don't think he's the greatest example here.

This is always a tough one to explain to people who have never been athletes which it sounds like you fit into. When you train day in, day out for something, you will make sacrifices for it. When Olympic athletes were asked if winning a gold medal meant they would no longer be around a year later, 80-90% of them said they would take the gold medal.

I hate when people chime in with their bullshit about how ronnie's mentality was stupid etc etc etc. The guy did what he wanted to do and left a legacy within the bodybuilding community. He has had a bigger impact than 99% of people and will be remembered forever. Whereas the haters who talk shit about him will only be remembered by their families when they are gone and who knows if even that will happen.

You're the one that fails to understand, yet again. A recurring theme with you. I never said the progressive overload was a problem. I'm 100% in the belief of that approach and utilize it myself.

An earlier post compared other top athletes; baseball players and football players. Those guys can't control certain variables being at the top level. A pitcher throwing a ball is going to have a fucked up shoulder and arm eventually if he's aiming to throw it 100 mph. He can't throw slower or softer to save his shoulder otherwise he's not striking anyone out. A football player can't control how hard a 330 lb linebacker tackles him. These risks at the top level of these sports are variables that can't be controlled.

Lifting weights can be done in smarter ways. There's plenty of examples of guys "getting after it" with weights in a safer manner and still building tons of muscle. Dorian is an example. All his injuries occurred pre-contest with low body fat and low energy resources. He's admitted in hindsight multiple times that it was a mistake. Jordan Peters and Dusty Hanshaw also lift insane weights in a smart way. Coleman could have done all the same workouts he did, lifted all the same weights he did, and gotten as big as he did lifting in a safer manner. Videos of him front squatting; bouncing all over the place, bowed knees swirling inward and then today as he takes 200 pain meds a day saying "I wouldn't change a thing" is stupid.

How do you move furniture? Do you pick up a couch as fast as you can, run down the hall, jump down the stairs, and heave it into the truck?

No offense but you started tracking food and workouts and training harder and made gains? No shit... Nothing new.

Uh yeah...for the amateur level bodybuilder, THAT is a turning point.

For 90% of the lifting public, THAT right there is how you change your entire look. Just addition of one of them.

And the point is that you can still get gains NOT doing that. I know several top level amateurs that barely track a thing in the offseason. But they are gifted and just make progress no matter what they do. If you aren't blessed with the god given gifts to put on muscle while pushing a lawn mower, you better be methodical in everything else you do.

One of the major lessons I have learn over the past 35 years of training. THERE ARE NO ABSOLUTES WHEN IT COMES TO BODYBUILDING. If your training hard enough to put your body in a very uncomfortable state, it's hard to go wrong from there, I believe that why intensity trumps about everything when it comes to training.

THIS IS RIGHT 100% I also like STUMPYs input he trained super heavy and now hes broke down palace. Im 42 in january and keep getting better.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4JX08yDCnt/ Age 30 on left age 40 on right about 5 weeks before my pro debut in classic.

Ive always trained for TUT, TEMPO, feeling the muscle. Ive also not been a huge fan of heavy ass deads i feel they overload the midsection and expand that shit as you age. It just made since to me not to do it. Worked up to 500 squat and during that time def got a bumb right knee out of it that was enough for me to say fuck this. There are better ways. My squats are placed 4th in my leg rotation no higher than 225 and belted i MUST preserve my midection and i think heavy ass squats expand it over time esp as men age. Its my goal to not do anything with heavy ass bearing weight that presses down on my midsection causing hypertrophy.

Now at almost 42 for legs i use a lot of BFR, TUT, slow ass tempos some as slow as 15 second leg press negatives with 5 seconds on the concentric etc.

Yes heavy ass weight is one way but its not the only way.

Ill also admit 5ft 6in 200lbs which i am in the right pic may not be considered "huge" to some but ive surpassed anything I had envisioned with my physique while keeping aesthetics and the forefront.

Interesting answers here.

Last edited:

Many say Ronnie should have trained as Heath or Dexter, but that was not in his mind, so it was not an option. That was my point.

So, are you criticizing his lifting technique, and not his weights?

Dorian got injuries near the contest, Ronnie was free of injuries while competing. Ronnie also had a much longer career than Dorian.

So I tried the one warm up only, then went to my heaviest set weight.
Positives: I got 11 reps instead of 8.
Negatives: I felt a pec fiber tear and more stress on my rotator cuffs.
I still concluded no way is one set enough. I don’t feel the same level of pump or stress to the muscle that I feel I need to grow. I proceeded to do 2 more sets. Set 2 of the heavy weight I felt the deep tissue getting worked. Set 3 of the heavy weight the pump was awesome!
To each his own but I watch the top pros train in their YouTube videos and they all do several sets with increasing weight to warm up before hitting their heaviest weight. Skipping the process is asking for injuries if you’re older.
I’m growing real well right now doing 12-16 sets per muscle.
There’s no good reason to change as long as this works.
Dorian and Mentzer are the only good pros I can think of who trained with low volume.

#1. I didn’t say 6’2 250lbs, I said bodybuilder proportions and made the exact example of 5’7-5’8 250lbs... Please read my entire post if you’re going to rebuttal...

#2. Id say he looks like a pretty fit guy with a shirt on, good thing they don’t only make size 3XL shirts, huh? Lol

I get this isn’t everyone’s ideal physique FOR THEMSELVES, but to say he looks like shit/skinny is ridiculous.. I said he has the ideal panty dropping physique and given everyone wants to throw their 2 cents about personalities etc then I’ll just say a body like Zane with a good looking face and great personality pulls more women than a 5’7 250lb bodybuilder with a great personality :D

Edit: But yes, height is a factor as well so to YOUR example, if the 6’2 guy is well proportioned and is good looking with a great personality, he’s slaying all the women lol

Those Richard Simmons shorts are the shit! I need to get those. 😀

Many say Ronnie should have trained as Heath or Dexter, but that was not in his mind, so it was not an option. That was my point.

So, are you criticizing his lifting technique, and not his weights?

Dorian got injuries near the contest, Ronnie was free of injuries while competing. Ronnie also had a much longer career than Dorian.

I don't think Ronnie should have trained like Heath or Dexter. I can 100% relate to wanting to test your limits. I wouldn't be able to not go all out and strive for increases in weight or reps. I'm not wired that way either. During my two week cruises I just don't go to the gym entirely. I couldn't go in and go through the motions. The only time I did that was on 5/3/1 and I hated it.

I'm not being a keyboard warrior like everyone thinks I am and talking about range of motion. I've personally found differing ranges to be beneficial. Shortened ranges of motion on certain exercises target the muscle much better. I'm referring only to rep cadence. The sudden and abrupt reversal of direction from concentric to eccentric is risky for anyone. All I've ever meant this whole time was he should have slowed it down slightly for his own safety. If I had the strength to hack squat 8 or 9 pps, fear alone would have me doing it as carefully as possible.

I'm not positive on the details, but Coleman was doing crazy stuff 4 and 5 weeks out, but I think Dorian was trying to set PR's days before the contest. I mentioned him as an example because he was able to look back and admit he made a mistake.

So I tried the one warm up only, then went to my heaviest set weight.

I would never do only one warm-up set. I do three to five and then two work sets to failure.

Spend a few years going to powerlifting meets and youll understand why this post isnt very accurate.

Many of the absolute strongest humans in the world either look like shit, or don't look like they even work out at all. Yes theres a couple elite level powerlifters who might come in last place at an amateur bodybuilding show. They are the exception though.

Ive always seen guys at the gym curling heavy ass dumbells, doing heavy lateral raises, going HAM on everything. Every workout their sole mission is to move as much weight as possible. Yes form starts to suffer but some of these guys are relatively strong for being bobos. But year after year they still look like fucking bobos.

My point is trying to get strong should not be the top priority in a bodybuilders training. It has its purpose for sure, but it isnt what it going to put slabs of muscle on.

Intensity (at the right times. Trying to stay at %100, every rep of every set is just dumb. Unless you're following like a menzter approach or something which most guys aren't) lots of VOLUME at moderate weight with a few sets where you go ham. I do believe progressive overload is VERY important I just think most people don't really implement it properly. I think through trial and error, finding the excercises that give you the best pump is important too.

To be honest, I see a lot of guys go fucking hard in the gym. In my opinion after youve been lifting for a few years and have conditioned yourself to be able to train hard its not by any means an outrageous task. However these guys ALWAYS look the same. They might get a little stronger here and there but still dont look like shit.

Training for greatness in a sport is a physical EXTREME- any time you have an EXTREME, there is a price to pay- SOMETHING is gonna suffer.

If you're more worried about playing pick up basketball with your grandkids than GREATNESS.... Then you are not great, and were never meant to be.

It's every individuals own prerogative as to what they value more in their life, health or greatness... But to talk down and question their methods that worked just make you sound bitter.

LoL @ the jealous shit in here criticizing a man who paid the price most are too soft/weak to ever pay themselves and achieved the pinnacle of greatness.

There's NO DEBATE as to whether Coleman/Yates approach was extremely effective- there is, however, plenty of debate about the approach of people on a forum who haven't sniffed what these guys did.

Maybe question your own methods before that of the best to ever do it?

I trained heavy as fuck 25yrs ago,405lb bench,365lb behind the neck presses,700lb+ ass to ankle squats,1500lb leg press,etc all with good,proper form...now at 50 all I have to show for it is a broken body w lots of old injuries. No pain,no gain blah blah blah. Been there,done that.

If I had to do it all over again,I'd do it a lot differently

You sound like me with many of my current conversations with guys at the gym. Our past lifts are similar and I am only 2 years older. We grew up on lift heavy/eat heavy to grow.
While I am nursing many physical injuries from doing this for 30+ years, I never felt I worked out without doing these larger weighted sets and I do not think I would do much different today (if I could). I see younger guys now doing much the opposite than this with ridiculously light weights, giant sets, continuous tension sets, cable workouts. These guys compete, take loads of gear and look like swimmers on steroids.
I go to a hardcore gym and I have yet to see anyone do over 315 on a bench, that was warm up in the day.

Uh yeah...for the amateur level bodybuilder, THAT is a turning point.

For 90% of the lifting public, THAT right there is how you change your entire look. Just addition of one of them.

And the point is that you can still get gains NOT doing that. I know several top level amateurs that barely track a thing in the offseason. But they are gifted and just make progress no matter what they do. If you aren't blessed with the god given gifts to put on muscle while pushing a lawn mower, you better be methodical in everything else you do.

90% probably aren’t that dedicated or care to be that disciplined or they would do it. Used to see customers every single day. “Haven’t been lifting for a few months but I’m getting back into it.” “Oh yeah I’ve been working out, just still trying to get the diet part down.” “You can’t tell now but I USED to be in really good shape”. “Oh I know how to diet my uncle is a bodybuilder”. Heard it all. 6 months to a year later they look exactly the same or worse.

In any case it’s still bodybuilding basics. Track food, workouts, and push yourself.

Spend a few years going to powerlifting meets and youll understand why this post isnt very accurate.

Many of the absolute strongest humans in the world either look like shit, or don't look like they even work out at all. Yes theres a couple elite level powerlifters who might come in last place at an amateur bodybuilding show. They are the exception though.

Ive always seen guys at the gym curling heavy ass dumbells, doing heavy lateral raises, going HAM on everything. Every workout their sole mission is to move as much weight as possible. Yes form starts to suffer but some of these guys are relatively strong for being bobos. But year after year they still look like fucking bobos.

My point is trying to get strong should not be the top priority in a bodybuilders training. It has its purpose for sure, but it isnt what it going to put slabs of muscle on.

Intensity (at the right times. Trying to stay at %100, every rep of every set is just dumb. Unless you're following like a menzter approach or something which most guys aren't) lots of VOLUME at moderate weight with a few sets where you go ham. I do believe progressive overload is VERY important I just think most people don't really implement it properly. I think through trial and error, finding the excercises that give you the best pump is important too.

To be honest, I see a lot of guys go fucking hard in the gym. In my opinion after youve been lifting for a few years and have conditioned yourself to be able to train hard its not by any means an outrageous task. However these guys ALWAYS look the same. They might get a little stronger here and there but still dont look like shit.

The point isnt to adopt a powerlifting approach, but rather, the point is to emphasize that a bodybuilding routine needs to result in and be geared towards progressive overload in order for gains to continue accruing. You can have all the mind-muscle connection in the world, all the intensity techniques and past-failure sets you can dream of, but if you are lifting the same amount of weight, chances are, your going to have the same amount of muscle (unless you've increased the dosage).

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member