over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

You want it? Can't have it!

I wonder if they will classify it as a class 3 substance!

I actually thought they were already banned nationwide. I haven't had to worry about them in years where I'm from thankfully. Notice how the food doesn't taste worse without them either

but yet cigarettes are still legal because they're good for our health

how is the government doing something good by taking away your right to choose?

okay its trans fats and they aren't good for you but the free market has been doing a good job at eliminating this product already.

mark my words after the dot com bubble the govt set up a housing bubble and next is a GOVERNMENT bubble ... a nanny state is near.

when the government decides that raw milk is bad for you but aspartame and twinkies are okay for our children ... its a good idea to get the government outta the food business.

Last edited:
maybe the should put a limit on the amount of time one can be a FSA Free Shit Army recipient, instead of worrying about what fat I eat, how big of a soda I drink, next these liberal loons will phase out meat consumption because of the cruelty and climate change involved with raising meat

Why did I think trans fats were still in most french fries and ice cream?

Why did I think trans fats were still in most french fries and ice cream?

Are they not? I thought trans fats were still very predominant in processed foods.

The french fry comment reminds me of a story. I went out to eat with family the other night for my grandfather's birthday. As always I asked for the gluten free menu, but what they had was just a menu with each item and the allergy problem associated with it. Beside french fries was; gluten, soy, nuts, seafood, MSG, eggs and milk. WTF? Seriously all that is involved in making their french fries?! What's wrong with potatoes fried in lard with a little salt? Point is you never know what's in food these days apparently.

Next move is getting rid of high fructose corn syrup I heard on the radio!!

Gotta save the fatties from themselves!!!

how is the government doing something good by taking away your right to choose?

okay its trans fats and they aren't good for you but the free market has been doing a good job at eliminating this product already.

mark my words after the dot com bubble the govt set up a housing bubble and next is a GOVERNMENT bubble ... a nanny state is near.

when the government decides that raw milk is bad for you but aspartame and twinkies are okay for our children ... its a good idea to get the government outta the food business.

Who in their right mind, would choose to eat something with trans fats when the alternative tastes exactly the same? Should McDonald's never have taken trans fats out of their foods years ago?

Are they not? I thought trans fats were still very predominant in processed foods.

The french fry comment reminds me of a story. I went out to eat with family the other night for my grandfather's birthday. As always I asked for the gluten free menu, but what they had was just a menu with each item and the allergy problem associated with it. Beside french fries was; gluten, soy, nuts, seafood, MSG, eggs and milk. WTF? Seriously all that is involved in making their french fries?! What's wrong with potatoes fried in lard with a little salt? Point is you never know what's in food these days apparently.

The ingredients will be pretty simple. But I imagine the factory were their French fries are manufactured (basically cut) would probably handle all different food sources so they have to list all as a precaution.

The ingredients will be pretty simple. But I imagine the factory were their French fries are manufactured (basically cut) would probably handle all different food sources so they have to list all as a precaution.

I'm sure you're right, and I'm sure that they are fried in the same oil as the seafood, touch the same surfaces as bread and flour, etc. It's just crazy that there can be so much crap in such a simple food it's ridiculous. If you don't make it yourself you just never know what you're eating...

Who in their right mind, would choose to eat something with trans fats when the alternative tastes exactly the same? Should McDonald's never have taken trans fats out of their foods years ago?

thats my point ... the individual actors in a free market can and should be free to make up their own minds ... self government ... politicians shouldn't be in charge of what you eat.

thats my point ... the individual actors in a free market can and should be free to make up their own minds ... self government ... politicians shouldn't be in charge of what you eat.

It sounds like you are pro trans fats since you seem to be saying that people should have the right to eat them if they want

they should have done it years ago there would be alot less heart disease out there!

Partially hydrogenated oils aren't good for you plus your body has absolutely zero need for them, but for them to have a serious effect on your health requires high levels of consumption for years and years. Lyle McDonald made a post that drew from some research where he indicated that you'd have to eat upwards of two jars of peanut butter made with partially hydrogenated oils daily for years to see any real adverse effect (whatever that amounts to in partially hydrogenated oils). Unless you're being a dumbass and doing things like eating fast food 3-5 x a day every day for years, you should be fine. A cheat meal hear and there containing those kinds of fat isn't going to do you in. Any substance when overly used/abused/misused for long periods of time can make you sick, end of story. And a resounding "hell no," the government should NOT be stepping in to make these kinds of decisions for us. Fuck that.

It sounds like you are pro trans fats since you seem to be saying that people should have the right to eat them if they want
Have you read his username? He's really just preaching his beliefs, the "trans fat" part of it is irrelevant...he's not pro-trans fat, he's pro-choice (not in the abortion context).

It's more of the same old shit. Political actions to show how much our government cares about our health. Doesn't it seem like if all cigarettes have to do to be legal is put a warning on the label, the same stance could be taken with trans-fat foods? "Warning: trans fats may cause obesity and an increased risk of heart disease." Yet for some reason, they must be banned instead.

Just another action to keep Americans ignorant...if you don't have to worry about whether or not your foods have trans fat, you don't even have to bother looking at the nutritional label or doing a lick of research. Unhealthy people can continue being unhealthy and feel "safer" knowing that trans fats have been eradicated. "I won't get heart disease now, right?" Sure buddy :rolleyes:

That's like saying he is pro big gulp because he doesn't think the gvt should be telling him he can't have a 32oz soda, come on

Have you read his username? He's really just preaching his beliefs, the "trans fat" part of it is irrelevant...he's not pro-trans fat, he's pro-choice (not in the abortion context).

It's more of the same old shit. Political actions to show how much our government cares about our health. Doesn't it seem like if all cigarettes have to do to be legal is put a warning on the label, the same stance could be taken with trans-fat foods? "Warning: trans fats may cause obesity and an increased risk of heart disease." Yet for some reason, they must be banned instead.

Just another action to keep Americans ignorant...if you don't have to worry about whether or not your foods have trans fat, you don't even have to bother looking at the nutritional label or doing a lick of research. Unhealthy people can continue being unhealthy and feel "safer" knowing that trans fats have been eradicated. "I won't get heart disease now, right?" Sure buddy :rolleyes:

How is freedom of choice on what to eat relevant in this thread then? Of course people should be able to choose what to eat but that's not the discussion. This is a matter of removing toxic (not sure if that's the right word here) trans fats from foods that would taste just as good without them. It should be unanimous that this is the right move, warning labels be dammed.

Now, if trans fats did actually alter the taste for the better, we would be having a completely different discussion here, where choice would come into play.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131