over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

You want to see the very last thing the dinosuars saw

in all these movies the government has some secret program developed to take out the asteroid...makes u wonder if anything like that really exists

It does not. Most likely the one that will wipe out all life on the planet will be first seen just a few seconds before impact. If we had several years to plan to somehow save ourselves the ideas are sketchy at best. but odds are we will have minutes to maybe a few hours if any warning at all.

It does not. Most likely the one that will wipe out all life on the planet will be first seen just a few seconds before impact. If we had several years to plan to somehow save ourselves the ideas are sketchy at best. but odds are we will have minutes to maybe a few hours if any warning at all.

you are quite the pessimist tkav :D

LOL. Seriously it could be the Russians! I mean it, really! Once back in the early 80s I saw what I thought was a huge meteor crash down. I saw on the news the next morning that it was actually a Russian sattelite that had come out of orbit and crashed down. It looked something like that. It lit up our entire culdesac.

I was driving home and seen the sky light up I wondered why someone was blowing off fire works then I seen another one and wondered where the he'll they got such monster fireworks

Theres is a better chance of a doomsday meteor hitting the earth tomorrow than there is of you being hit by a car

dude, come on

let us propose a hypothetical idea, lets say the statement was true. if it were indeed true there is a better chance of an doomsday asteroid striking the earth than getting hit by a car, i wouldnt have the time to even send this message - we would have been hit before i click it. since people do indeed get hit by cars i.e. the event occurs, its probability is 1. in probability the likelihood of an absolute event occurring is 1, an event which will never occur is 0, the rest are numbers in between (commonly fractions are used - a 1 in a million chance - 1 over 1000000). since the supposed asteroid has BETTER chance to hit, that would mean the probability would be GREATER than 1. this of course ignores basic math and the rules of probability. even if it didnt ignore math, the probability would be greater than 1, how can event occur with better odds than absolute???????? also since people get hit by cars all the time, the doomsday asteroid should be hitting the earth NOW. ok NOW. what about NOW. where is it? LMFAO

What im about to tell you should scare the ever living shit out of you. We have accounted for only 3% of the rocky material in our own solar system large enough to cause a global catastrophy. Meaning that we have, at this time, 30000+ big ass rocks were tracking. and a good 3million more we dont know about

you mention the 30000 huge asteroids unkown to us, this is of course true. to make the statement 'sound' scary you fail to mention the RIDICULOUS MIND BOGGLING SIZE OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM. i would attempt to convey it with words but i will not be successful. there is just SO MUCH EMPTY SPACE. yes there are killer sized asteroids all over, but the solar system is just so huge, and the cross sectional area of the earth is so tiny compared to it. try to hit a grain of sand with another grain of sand from 20000 miles.

of course we all know that catastrophic collisions do occur. these are most frequent during the 'bombarding' era of new solar systems, but they still occur in a mature system - RARELY.

Last edited:
here is a cool little impact calculator

Earth Impact Effects Program

make sure you fill out everything at once or it wont work. try playing with very low angles of impact, it will change the earths orbit and/or rotation! lots of fun

What im about to tell you should scare the ever living shit out of you. We have accounted for only 3% of the rocky material in our own solar system large enough to cause a global catastrophy. Meaning that we have, at this time, 30000+ big ass rocks were tracking. and a good 3million more we dont know about. Theres is a better chance of a doomsday meteor hitting the earth tomorrow than there is of you being hit by a car. Statistically speaking we are several million years overdue for another impact event.

lol really think aobut that for a minute. Were way overdue. Im not saying somethings crashing into us any time soon. we have 3 giants watching our backs sweeping up debris to this day for us. Jupiter, saturn, and uranus. they act like offensive linemen for the inner solarsystem. but every now and then a free saftey gets thrugh.

You mentioned Jupiter, interesting because now they're saying
this thing came from something like a belt of asteroids between Jupiter
and Mars..........

Last edited:
dude, come on

let us propose a hypothetical idea, lets say the statement was true. if it were indeed true there is a better chance of an doomsday asteroid striking the earth than getting hit by a car, i wouldnt have the time to even send this message - we would have been hit before i click it. since people do indeed get hit by cars i.e. the event occurs, its probability is 1. in probability the likelihood of an absolute event occurring is 1, an event which will never occur is 0, the rest are numbers in between (commonly fractions are used - a 1 in a million chance - 1 over 1000000). since the supposed asteroid has BETTER chance to hit, that would mean the probability would be GREATER than 1. this of course ignores basic math and the rules of probability. even if it didnt ignore math, the probability would be greater than 1, how can event occur with better odds than absolute???????? also since people get hit by cars all the time, the doomsday asteroid should be hitting the earth NOW. ok NOW. what about NOW. where is it? LMFAO

you mention the 30000 huge asteroids unkown to us, this is of course true. to make the statement 'sound' scary you fail to mention the RIDICULOUS MIND BOGGLING SIZE OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM. i would attempt to convey it with words but i will not be successful. there is just SO MUCH EMPTY SPACE. yes there are killer sized asteroids all over, but the solar system is just so huge, and the cross sectional area of the earth is so tiny compared to it. try to hit a grain of sand with another grain of sand from 20000 miles.

of course we all know that catastrophic collisions do occur. these are most frequent during the 'bombarding' era of new solar systems, but they still occur in a mature system - RARELY.

If you take the number of known large impact events, and divide them by the number of years the earth has been around were are several million years overdue for a major impact event. Every day that passes without a large impact event raises our chances of one. Thats how they calculated the chances at being better than being hit by a car. your mathematical model is beyond inacurate because what your describing is an absolute event, someone being hit by a car. But the chances of YOU being hit by a car afe far less than someone. When you say someone were talking abouit 1 out of 4.6 billion people and 1 out of 6 billion cars. Ofcourse someone is going to get hit. But the numbers change when you single out a specific person.

But just because something should statisticaly happendoes not mean it will. it means it should. Oh and the number of KNOWN meteors is 30000. The number of unknown is 3 million at the verry least. Yes the solar system is huge and there is a ton of empty space but there are verry large objects in that empty space that like to pull stuff into a predictable orbit, and take things that are in a predictable orbit and change it. Your grain of sand analogy is almost accurate. Take the grain of sand you want to hit, and every 15 min or so throw a handfull of sand at it. eventually somethings going to hit it. That description is more accurate.

The question of weather or not there will be another extinction event sized meteor hitting the earth is not an if but it is a when.

I hope that explains better

You mentioned Jupiter, interesting because now they're saying
this thing came from something like a belt of asteroids between Jupiter
and Mars..........

there are 2 major sources for meteors in our solarsystem. You have the meteor belt between mars and jupiter, and the Kiper belt where pluto sits. All of these rocks are orbiting just like the planets but not every rock has the same orbital velocity or orbital path. This causes colisions. Collisions at the speeds these things are traveling, somewhere around 60k miles per hour, give or take, are extremely energetic. some are energetic enough, if their closest orbiting large neighbors, the planets, are in the right spot they can be flung into space. sometime that just happens to be in our direction.

WOW! Close calls with meteors, powerful earthquakes all around the globe, obamacare....maybe the Mayans were right about 2012

LMAO!!! :D

The earth is actually covered in impact craters. Most have been well disguised with time and erosion.

Anybody remember when comet Shoemaker collided with Jupiter back in the 90's?

Have a nice day. :D

Attachments

• 220px-SL9_BDGLNQ12R_hst19.jpg
    220px-SL9_BDGLNQ12R_hst19.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 62
The earth is actually covered in impact craters. Most have been well disguised with time and erosion.

tkav was referring to the 'doomsday' sized asteroids. the earth gets hit constantly with small meteors and debris sized material. most of it burns up in the atmosphere.

also the earth was heavily bombarded with large meteors during the early part of the solar systems life, all the planets were. the frequency of large impacts decreases over time

its quite easy to see the awesome amount of impacts when looking at the moon, there is no atmosphere or erosion on the moon so the craters never get covered. mercury will show the same thing if you have a good telescope picture

**broken link removed**

https://www.lpi.usra.edu/resources/lunar_orbiter/images/moon.jpg

maybe it was the aliens bolting through the atmosphere and into their giant harvester/destroyers which have been laying underground for millennia. Well, we all know what happens next.

I remember that ! And they said that thoughs collisions were so
enormous that just one would of completely destroyed earth..

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads