YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Young man looking to start a business to insure my future.

purelifting

Registered
I am 20 years old. I have been thinking alot about starting a business. I am not sure what to even do. I understand that is the first step. Looking for suggestions and way to start a business; I am very smart for my age. The way I veiw situations... I wish more of my peers thought like me.

That being said, would loven to hear ideas to insure my future.

(backround, I am going to college to become a RN)

My first question. Do you know the difference between creating a business and creating yourself a job? They are very different and most people create a job for themselves vs building a business.

Without looking it up I could say yes with being 90% sure. I agrue with people when talking are talking about a job and caraar.

I'm not sure what I would do for a business honestly. Maybe just advice on being successful in the future. Of course cutting money costs and saving is the prime idea.

Here is a question for the wise investers and such,

I want to invest my money, something that would not be a risk. What would you advise me doing. I should really talk to my bank.

Without looking it up I could say yes with being 90% sure. I agrue with people when talking are talking about a job and caraar.

I'm not sure what I would do for a business honestly. Maybe just advice on being successful in the future. Of course cutting money costs and saving is the prime idea.

Here is a question for the wise investers and such,

I want to invest my money, something that would not be a risk. What would you advise me doing. I should really talk to my bank.

There is no such thing as a risk free investment. Period! ANYTHING can happen...even in CD's, safe low yield bonds all have risks. At your age risk is everything...it's what you want because you have time to recover if you do lose big. One thing to remember about banks....they will make double (or more) investing the money you give them to invest on your behalf (cd's etc) Keep that in mind. Best way to secure wealth is a solid savings plan (10% or more after tax) and slowly grow more conservitive with your investment of said savings as you get older.

Google the statistics of starting a successful business. It's tough.

There is no such thing as a risk free investment. Period! ANYTHING can happen...even in CD's, safe low yield bonds all have risks. At your age risk is everything...it's what you want because you have time to recover if you do lose big. One thing to remember about banks....they will make double (or more) investing the money you give them to invest on your behalf (cd's etc) Keep that in mind. Best way to secure wealth is a solid savings plan (10% or more after tax) and slowly grow more conservitive with your investment of said savings as you get older.

Google the statistics of starting a successful business. It's tough.

Oh I'm so glad someone said that already. Also with the whole starting a business thing where are you going to get the funding??

The Banks aren't giving out loans! :de:il-smi

starting up now is very risky.
my advise is to take whatever job you can find and as many as you can do.
save money by watching your spending. and above all be willing to do whatever it takes.

Good choice on the RN...IMO

I have been in the Financial Industry for over 20yrs. Just finished a RN program at the local community college. Did an externship (Student Nurse) last summer for 10wks (had to take a leave of absence from NY job) and was retained to work every other weekend as a CNA. So Mon - Fri, I crunch numbers.....weekends, i give bedpans and take vitals and blood sugars.

During my clinicals, I observed any and everything that was going on. As an RN you will have a ton of options to make money.

Ex.

sporting events require some kind of medical attention on the premises.

I can go on and on here...

One of the ideas I am in the process of putting together is Medical (non-emergency) transport. With an RN you should also be able to do Medical Emergency transport, but I am not sure of the requirements necessary in your area.

Pts are taking to rehab after surgery. so I asked one of the transport dudes about their duties and fee schedule. This particular run was to a rehab that was not even a mile away. Medicare was paying the owner several hundred dollars for the transport and this was considered a Medical Emergency trip.

They use the big extended vans with the lifts. and I am hearing the Ford E 350 (over the GMC truck) is the way to get because you can get 300 - 400k miles easy.

Just one more....if you have a Mom or sister you can partner with that is even better. the idea here is to establish this as a Minority company, because Institutions are usually required to give a certain amount of business to Minority companies.

sorry for the long reply.

Home health = $$$$

I co-sign.....another good idea....paperwork has to be immaculate if you have a few working with you. my neighbor does it off the books for a well off family and makes a generous amount of tax free money. this same family pays CNAs $30/hr when needed.

a RN will give you many, many options.

Last edited:
Never put yourself in the thing which you dont know anything about . Better learn trading first and than start it .

If you can learn some day trading and become good it can become a lucrative money maker.

The only investment i would consider a sure shot for a 10 year major return right now is real estate and only in very certain areas. It's the right time.

I somewhat mean resell value but moreso rental properties. Make sure you do your homework but properties with a payment of 350 here rent for around a thousand. Pay that shit off in 8 years or so.

Imo do that and use the profit to pay your way through the CRNA program after you get your rn. Then you're set.

Other than that you take big risks to make big money.

You say your smart?
You don't even have a clue what you like, much less what you want to do.
I'm sure you think your smart but the difference between knowledge and wisdom is experience...you have none.
So what should you do?
Either join the Military
or go to college...
being intelligent and thinking your intelligent are two entirely different things.

Ive been an RN since 1991 and I'll let you in on a little secret...you not going to get rich from being an RN.
And this guy above talking about getting his RN because its "Good Money" well, I wouldn't want him taking care of me, if the main reason he takes care of the sick and injured is to make money !!!

The first thing you need to understand about life in general is if you do something, like a career; if you do it for any other reason besides that you love what you do...you will not be very successful...
The most successful people would do what they do regardless of the money..simply because its their true love to work in their chosen field.
Follow your passion..but first you must know what your passion is.
We all have 3 passions actually.
A Physical passion...like weight training
A mental passion... usually what your chosen career is.
And a Spiritual passion...no talking about bullshit religion here.

Last edited:
Like someone mentioned earlier opening business is extremely tough!

The first thing is find something that you genuinely like to do, work
in that field until you absolutely master it.

Then you need capitals, if someone gives you/loans you money you will
be very likely to fail. Anyway good luck getting a loan from a bank :mad: :banghead:.
If you save that money on your own you will be more careful with your funds therefore better chance of success.

It takes up to five years to establish a business, if you survive the first year
(80% failure depending the field) it will probably be very difficult to make ends meet so be prepared for some difficult time.

In most business there is no such thing as 8 hours/day it is more like 12 to 16 hours/day 6 days/week sometime seven with no prospect of vacation for a couple year.

Also be ready for your wife/girlfriend leaving you because have no time or energy left for her needs.

This is just a few thing on top of my head, don't forget making a good product/service is one thing running the business aspect is a whole different ball game.

This is just a few pointers there are tons of variables and even if you do everything right there is still no guarantee of success.

Ok it is memorial day and I need to get back to work ;)

Last edited:
I own a cellphone repair parts online and its been very good to me.....Look into doing cellphone repairs or something its a good investment

I would post your question on a forum where the majority of people have actually owned successful businesses.

Probably best to do a google search to find one.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131