over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Your accutane dosage

Rumpwrangler

Registered
Newbies
Guys that have used Accutane or Roaccutane, what was your daily MGs? I do not have acne. But I have very oily skin. Even at age 42 lol.

My skin was so oily as a teenager that the dermatologist put me on Accutane. It worked amazing. Dried me out for about a decade. No acne. I believe I took 60mg/day for several months. But I only weighed 140lbs lol. Lips and facial skin stayed parched lol

So I’m wondering what kind of dosages and durations you guys were using since we’re all big n old now. I know it’s a serious drug and not one to mess around with. Thanks gents

Did it a long time ago through my dermatologist. Started at 60mg for 2 months, then up to 120mg for the remaining 4 months. Was on it for a total of 6 months.

Took the Tane for severe cystic acne brought on from some drol. By month 4; 95% of my backne was GONE. To this day I still carry Neutrogena lip moisturizing chap stick. I goes with me EVERYWHERE ERRDAY! Still get dry lips from lack of oil in my skin. That stuff was a god send for me, the Tane that is…

Cage

I have the same exact story as you, crazy oily skin and did accutane as a teenager at the crazy dose and suffered.

The new studies are showing that a much smaller dose is just as effective as taking the high doses they originally prescribed when it was a new drug.

In 2010 or so I did 20mg a day for 7 months.

Worked well and then eventually I wanted to do it again in 2017. I believe I did another 7-8 months with 5 months at 20mg ed and then I think I ramped it to 40 and then 60 gradually the last couple months.

It helped a lot during the time but my oily skin eventually comes back but is still better than it was. Low dose long duration is the way to go I believe. Fortunately I never had any issues except an increased iron count after 5months the second time. Stay out of the sun if you're on it and you can't get tattoos either. I remember getting in a bar fight and having a pretty deep scratch on the lower part of my back which seemed to take a very long time to heal/fade due to being on accutane at the time.

If I’m not mistaken 6 months is what’s recommended by Derms nowadays and they make you sign a contract as well. Basically following their instructions to a T, and getting blood work every 2 weeks for liver health. Never had any issues with my liver values on Tane.

Cage

Did it a long time ago through my dermatologist. Started at 60mg for 2 months, then up to 120mg for the remaining 4 months. Was on it for a total of 6 months.

Took the Tane for severe cystic acne brought on from some drol. By month 4; 95% of my backne was GONE. To this day I still carry Neutrogena lip moisturizing chap stick. I goes with me EVERYWHERE ERRDAY! Still get dry lips from lack of oil in my skin. That stuff was a god send for me, the Tane that is…

Cage
Haha I totally understand carrying the chap stick. I remember deep cracks in my lips and blood if I didn’t have my Carmex. But 120mgs!? Wow. How heavy were you? I’m assuming it’s based on mass?

I have the same exact story as you, crazy oily skin and did accutane as a teenager at the crazy dose and suffered.

The new studies are showing that a much smaller dose is just as effective as taking the high doses they originally prescribed when it was a new drug.
So was it as beneficial to you as I feel it was for me? Having incredibly oily skin is probably a bigger deal than most people realize. It was such relief when it was all dried up for me.

If I’m not mistaken 6 months is what’s recommended by Derms nowadays and they make you sign a contract as well. Basically following their instructions to a T, and getting blood work every 2 weeks for liver health. Never had any issues with my liver values on Tane.

Cage
I am doing this adult round of it courtesy of a sponsor on here. But I remember going monthly for bloods as a kid for the liver.

I don’t have enough for 6 months though. Guess I’ll order more. Been on 40mg a day for probably 5-6 weeks and it’s already done a lot.

Haha I totally understand carrying the chap stick. I remember deep cracks in my lips and blood if I didn’t have my Carmex. But 120mgs!? Wow. How heavy were you? I’m assuming it’s based on mass?
The doc never mentioned anything regarding weight. For reference I was 230lbs. around the time I took it for my terrible cystic acne. He didn’t see enough of an improvement on the 60mg after two months. I believe that’s why I’m he upped the dose for me. It was a big difference when I went up to the 120mg. After 2 months on that dosage I was on the way to a zit free back! My duration was a 6 month course though.

Keep the lip moisturizer on you!!!!!!

Cage

I was probably 30-33 years old when I did my round of it.

Cage

So was it as beneficial to you as I feel it was for me? Having incredibly oily skin is probably a bigger deal than most people realize. It was such relief when it was all dried up for me.

Yea it worked when i was a teen, definitely had less acne but it didn't last forever and I think my body has just matured and I know how to take care of myself better. Any acne I get now is really only on my body and it's usually just ingrown hairs or something else to do with shaving, going to do some laser this winter to help with that.

As far as oily skin goes I hated it when I was young but now at 37 a lot of people, especially girls, tell me they wish they had my skin because I don't have wrinkles because of it. So it's not all bad....

My last run with accutane was a few years ago and I did extensive research on the new studies before I started it. Don't quote me because it was a while ago you should go search them out yourself but I believe it was 20mg a day and even every other day for one study was like 90% as effective as the old school daily mega dosing. Be careful with the stuff, I know people who used it and have perpetually dry and cracking skin now and even a girl whose skin got really thin on it like visibly and she definitely does not look better for it, she went from having a baby face to kinda looking like a corpse face I feel bad for her. After dabbling with it more than a few times and seeing what happened to other people I would try anything and everything else, you're trading off a lot.

Is your acne facial or body acne? What kind of acne is it?

Yea it worked when i was a teen, definitely had less acne but it didn't last forever and I think my body has just matured and I know how to take care of myself better. Any acne I get now is really only on my body and it's usually just ingrown hairs or something else to do with shaving, going to do some laser this winter to help with that.

As far as oily skin goes I hated it when I was young but now at 37 a lot of people, especially girls, tell me they wish they had my skin because I don't have wrinkles because of it. So it's not all bad....

My last run with accutane was a few years ago and I did extensive research on the new studies before I started it. Don't quote me because it was a while ago you should go search them out yourself but I believe it was 20mg a day and even every other day for one study was like 90% as effective as the old school daily mega dosing. Be careful with the stuff, I know people who used it and have perpetually dry and cracking skin now and even a girl whose skin got really thin on it like visibly and she definitely does not look better for it, she went from having a baby face to kinda looking like a corpse face I feel bad for her. After dabbling with it more than a few times and seeing what happened to other people I would try anything and everything else, you're trading off a lot.

Is your acne facial or body acne? What kind of acne is it?
I don’t have any acne lol. Just a freakin oil slick. And I mean mega oily. Well, not now because I’m dried up from the accutane. But I didn’t even have much acne when it was prescribed at age 15. b my skin was so oily that they were worried I would get that deep, scarring acne.

Im pretty sensitive to the sides of accutane. 10-20mg ed would dry everything out, including my eyes which makes me look stoned with those red eyes lol.

10mg twice/three times per week even worked for me.

Im pretty sensitive to the sides of accutane. 10-20mg ed would dry everything out, including my eyes which makes me look stoned with those red eyes lol.

10mg twice/three times per week even worked for me.
Super low dose! Are you still dried up oil wise years later with such a low dose?

Super low dose! Are you still dried up oil wise years later with such a low dose?
Honestly no. I have never been able to take it long enough until everything is gone. I really hate the sides it gives me so its I easily drop it.

Have been planning to take it again with the intend to take it until it’s gone this time but trying for a kid so no accutane this moment.

I must say that each time I took it, I had less acne that mostly stayed away. Still have some acne though.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131