YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Your blood type dictating what compounds you should run?

Lene28

Registered
I have seen this referenced almost in passing that depending on you blood type certain compounds will work better for you. Has anybody else heard this? I'm guessing there aren't any studies on this topic

I have heard before , but never could get a whole lot of info on the topic.. from what little I could gather O negative seems to be best to handle high doses

Never heard of it but I am intrigued. Type o-neg myself!

Only heard about nutrition depending on blood type.

I have a somewhat decent understanding of biology and I fail to see how blood type would have any relevance on gear usage. I would love to hear someones philosophy on why it makes a difference.

I don't think blood type has any bearing on the function of the endocrine system. If I'm wrong I'm definitely willing to learn and research further.

Interesting topic. Stewie where are you?!

I'm sure there would be some interplay of blood type. I dunno if one particular blood types may have pronounced effect of proteins and enzymes that augment AAS. Very doubtful it's significant. Again, I dunno?

There are hundreds of different things that regulate the anabolic response to AAS. Why everyone focuses just on one thing is quite bafflingly. There's gene expression such as PDE7B gene expression along with copressors, cofactors, receptor binding, translocation, these are just a few things that are involved in many, many steps.

In my opinion, blood type would be way down on the list.

I find this more interesting than the blood theory.

Bioavailability of testosterone enanthate dependent on genetic variation in the phosphodiesterase 7B but not on the uridine 5'-diphospho-glucuronos... - PubMed - NCBI

Bioavailability of testosterone enanthate dependent on genetic variation in the phosphodiesterase 7B but not on the uridine 5'-diphospho-glucuronosyltransferase (UGT2B17) gene.

Ekström L1, Schulze JJ, Guillemette C, Belanger A, Rane A.
Author information

Abstract
OBJECTIVE:
To study the disposition of serum testosterone and seven of its metabolites before and after 2 days of an intramuscular dose (500 mg) of testosterone enanthate in relation to the phosphodiesterase (PDE7B) and the uridine 5'-diphospho-glucuronosyltransferase (UGT2B17) genotypes.
METHODS:
Patients were genotyped for UGT2B17 deletion polymorphism and single nucleotide polymorphisms in the PDE7B gene. The involvement of PDE7B in hydrolysis of enanthate was assessed in human liver homogenates.

RESULTS:
Genetic variation in the PDE7B gene was found to be associated with the serum level of testosterone. Individuals homozygous for PDE7B rs7774640 G allele had a smaller increase (2.5-fold) in the serum testosterone levels compared with carriers of the A allele (3.9-fold, P=0.0006). In addition, genetic variation in the PDE7B gene significantly influences the testosterone/epitestosterone ratio, a biomarker of testosterone doping. Our in-vitro incubation studies confirmed that PDE7B serves as a catalyst of the hydrolysis of testosterone enanthate. The UGT2B17 deletion polymorphism did not show any significant association with serum testosterone levels or the other androgen metabolites investigated.

CONCLUSION:
We have shown that PDE7B is involved in the hydrolysis of testosterone enanthate and that genetic variation in the PDE7B gene is a determinant of the systemic levels of testosterone after administration of testosterone enanthate. It is reasonable to believe that the genetic variation in testosterone bioavailability may be correlated to varying effects of this androgen, whether it is used for replacement therapy or abused in doping. Thus our results may be important to consider in doping test programmes and in therapeutics with androgens and other esterified drugs.

And

PDE7B is involved in nandrolone decanoate hydrolysis in liver cytosol and its transcription is up-regulated by androgens in HepG2

PDE7B is involved in nandrolone decanoate hydrolysis in liver cytosol and its transcription is up-regulated by androgens in HepG2

Emmanuel Strahm, Anders Rane, and Lena Ekström*
Author information ► Article notes ► Copyright and License information ►
Go to:

Abstract
Most androgenic drugs are available as esters for a prolonged depot action. However, the enzymes involved in the hydrolysis of the esters have not been identified. There is one study indicating that PDE7B may be involved in the activation of testosterone enanthate. The aims are to identify the cellular compartments where the hydrolysis of testosterone enanthate and nandrolone decanoate occurs, and to investigate the involvement of PDE7B in the activation. We also determined if testosterone and nandrolone affect the expression of the PDE7B gene. The hydrolysis studies were performed in isolated human liver cytosolic and microsomal preparations with and without specific PDE7B inhibitor. The gene expression was studied in human hepatoma cells (HepG2) exposed to testosterone and nandrolone. We show that PDE7B serves as a catalyst of the hydrolysis of testosterone enanthate and nandrolone decanoate in liver cytosol. The gene expression of PDE7B was significantly induced 3- and 5- fold after 2 h exposure to 1 μM testosterone enanthate and nandrolone decanoate, respectively. These results show that PDE7B is involved in the activation of esterified nandrolone and testosterone and that the gene expression of PDE7B is induced by supra-physiological concentrations of androgenic drugs.

so i guess everyone on here is blood type tren. :cool:

Stewie,

So is there anyway to determine what might work best for someone besides trial and error?

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear