over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Your caloric consumption for your size?

Curious to how much* people are eating to maintain their size.
I know it often is largely genetic but I imagine this thread will give perspective on how much food is “enough” for them.

How many calories do you eat daily to maintain?
I’ll start, reverse dieting out of my last cut and stalled with 4800 calories at 220. No cardio.
weird question, but were you that dude doing 3g+ of eq on prohormoneforum? You still experimenting with ultra high dose EQ? What do you think about it looking back?

I am around 5k to add weight when I'm offseason weighing 220 if I'm working, but as little as 3.8-4.0k if I'm not working. Very active job high expenditure.

39 yrs old and maintaining. I dropped all trt for 7 months to conceive and my TT was quite low and had to drop to about 2400 calories to not look like a mess.

on TRT now for the last 5 months (80-140mgs a week) and training routinely. Weight is staying the same averaging right at ~3100 a day and a nice recomp going on. Currently 221lbs at 5'7" and ~12-14% bf and slowly going down. I'd like to keep this slow grind going so I end up aroudn 210-215 and 10%. 3100 is an average. I eat around 2200-2500 during the week and bump it up saturday and sunday.

I weight train hard for an hour 3-4 times a week. 10,000 steps a day and an additional 3 hours of total cardio.

I wonder how much the biggest bodybuilders eat and is it true that Ronnie, Nasser or dennis james never ate large amounts of carbohydrates. I was saying that Chris, when he was building his full size, ate up to 8000 kcal and ian Valliere consumed over 1000g of pure carbohydrates a day

Ronnie didn't eat much? up to 2500g of carbs a day

I'm 45 5'11" 210Lbs relatively lean. I pretty much maintain the same physique which still takes a lot of work. I don't track things anymore, I just eat all clean meals as my base and then eat whatever I want when the social occasion presents itself. Things like date nights with wife or family gatherings, vacations etc. I train 6 days a weeks and do around 3-5 30-45 minute cardio sessions as well. My base calories on a low day are only around 2500-2700 but then I will have a few high calorie meals added or sometimes I kill a 1000 calorie bowl of cereal at night. When it all averages out it is probably around 3200 calories per day. It used to take 4500+ to maintain 235lbs a few years back.

I'm 45 5'11" 210Lbs relatively lean. I pretty much maintain the same physique which still takes a lot of work. I don't track things anymore, I just eat all clean meals as my base and then eat whatever I want when the social occasion presents itself. Things like date nights with wife or family gatherings, vacations etc. I train 6 days a weeks and do around 3-5 30-45 minute cardio sessions as well. My base calories on a low day are only around 2500-2700 but then I will have a few high calorie meals added or sometimes I kill a 1000 calorie bowl of cereal at night. When it all averages out it is probably around 3200 calories per day. It used to take 4500+ to maintain 235lbs a few years back.

Just curious what your training split is. Do you recover well from 6 training sessions a week? Are you mostly on TRT?

Sometimes, I'm very motivated to the point I want to hit the gym 6 days a week, but most of the times, I end up feeling overtrained after 2-4 weeks. I mostly stay on TRT with a baby cycle sprinkled in the summer, if that.

weird question, but were you that dude doing 3g+ of eq on prohormoneforum? You still experimenting with ultra high dose EQ? What do you think about it looking back?

I am around 5k to add weight when I'm offseason weighing 220 if I'm working, but as little as 3.8-4.0k if I'm not working. Very active job high expenditure.
Lol I thought I recognized that name too. I was over there under a different handle, good times.

What does a training day diet and food amounts look like for you?
This is what I'm doing on training days right now.

Breakfast:
  • 3 whole eggs
  • 6 servings liquid egg whites
  • 2 servings Omegalyze
  • 8oz mixed fruit (usually berries, melon, pineapple)
  • 1 English muffin w/ 1 serving pineapple preserves and 1 serving grass fed butter
  • 1 scoop Optimum Nutrition hydrowhey
Lunch:
  • 11oz. grass fed chuck roast (could be 98% ground beef, skirt steak, chicken, shrimp, etc.)
  • 8oz Thai jasmine rice
  • 1 serving raw organic honey
Intraworkout:
  • 10g creatine
  • 2 servings Gatorade powder
  • 1.5 scoops PeptoPro
Postworkout:
  • 16oz. Mott's apple juice
  • 1.5 scoops Karbolyn
  • 2.5 scoops Optimum Nutrition hydrowhey
Dinner:
  • 11oz. grass fed chuck roast (could be 98% ground beef, skirt steak, chicken, shrimp, etc.)
  • 8oz Thai jasmine rice
  • 1 serving raw organic honey
Last Meal:
  • This is typically whatever I want - might do a protein shake and cookies, meat and rice + ice cream, whatever I'm in the mood for (body composition and weight gain also dictates this to a degree)
  • Tonight will probably be a protein shake, Andy's Frozen Custard, and cookies

🤯
Deja vu. That was years ago, I completely forgot about that site goddamn lol.
Makes me miss the DatBTrue forum too.. the good ol days.

I hit diminishing returns. I was experimenting with higher doses that year and found while my strength and fullness would increase I was not able to eat and digest enough food without slin (which is something I’ll never do) on that much gear.
I prefer a 1+ 1= 3 approach now like test/prov at 1/3 the dose since I’m not actively competing and health is more important these days.

Just curious what your training split is. Do you recover well from 6 training sessions a week? Are you mostly on TRT?

Sometimes, I'm very motivated to the point I want to hit the gym 6 days a week, but most of the times, I end up feeling overtrained after 2-4 weeks. I mostly stay on TRT with a baby cycle sprinkled in the summer, if that.
I have just done TRT for last 3 years. 100mg per week split in two and I feel great. I do probably walk the line with overtraining but I really love going to the gym and I do it for my mental health as much as anything. I definitely have times when I can tell I am getting run down and usually add calories for a day or two first and if that doesn't do it take 3-5 days to deload and train at around 70%. I guess it is just very intuitive at this point. I try and hit everything twice per week and vary exercises between the workouts. #1 Chest & Shoulders (Chest Focus) #2 Back #3 Legs (Quad Focus) OFF #4 Chest & Shoulders (Shoulder Focus) #5 Back #6 Legs (Hamstring Focus). I realize it could be easy to criticize my split and programming but I've done almost everything imaginable over the years and this works really good for my goals and lifestyle at this point.

I was working with Justin Harris earlier this year. For reference, I am a true Ecto, skinny bone structure, always had trouble putting on weight.

Justin had me on 3-4 High days with 1000gr of carbs, 320gr protein. I believe total caloric consumption was somewhere between 5-6K. I could be wrong on that last number as calories weren’t directly counted, just macros.

I was hovering between 228-330.

Justin said after last check ins I was eating more than he eats at 275lbs….

I have just done TRT for last 3 years. 100mg per week split in two and I feel great. I do probably walk the line with overtraining but I really love going to the gym and I do it for my mental health as much as anything. I definitely have times when I can tell I am getting run down and usually add calories for a day or two first and if that doesn't do it take 3-5 days to deload and train at around 70%. I guess it is just very intuitive at this point. I try and hit everything twice per week and vary exercises between the workouts. #1 Chest & Shoulders (Chest Focus) #2 Back #3 Legs (Quad Focus) OFF #4 Chest & Shoulders (Shoulder Focus) #5 Back #6 Legs (Hamstring Focus). I realize it could be easy to criticize my split and programming but I've done almost everything imaginable over the years and this works really good for my goals and lifestyle at this point.
Thanks for sharing. That makes sense you try adding more calories for a day or two if you begin to feel run down, then if this does not work, go into a deload.

As far as the workout, I realize you do not add any direct work for arms. Is there a reason for that?

Thanks for sharing. That makes sense you try adding more calories for a day or two if you begin to feel run down, then if this does not work, go into a deload.

As far as the workout, I realize you do not add any direct work for arms. Is there a reason for that?
Good question. In the past, I had a 4-day split and would hit arms kind of like an off day. Over the years I've trained them directly and not at all. I haven't noticed much difference, to be honest. I do get a lot of comments on my arms so it's kind of like how I always say don't ask the guy with the best legs what he does on leg day because he probably would grow no matter what. I've been doing weighted chins (neutral grip) which really work the biceps and Dips and other presses hit my triceps good if I have time and energy I might hit a few sets of curls or cable pushdowns. It's also about managing my time in the gym and overall training stress and recovery.

I was working with Justin Harris earlier this year. For reference, I am a true Ecto, skinny bone structure, always had trouble putting on weight.

Justin had me on 3-4 High days with 1000gr of carbs, 320gr protein. I believe total caloric consumption was somewhere between 5-6K. I could be wrong on that last number as calories weren’t directly counted, just macros.

I was hovering between 228-330.

Justin said after last check ins I was eating more than he eats at 275lbs….
i think its funny when people are jealous that someone is eating this much, they really have no idea the chore that is. Props dude. All about finding what digest well. Personally when cutting on lower cals im all about oats. When in surplus thats one of the first things to go. Lol. Curious to see what a day like that looks mapped out for you with a full day of eating

i think its funny when people are jealous that someone is eating this much, they really have no idea the chore that is. Props dude. All about finding what digest well. Personally when cutting on lower cals im all about oats. When in surplus thats one of the first things to go. Lol. Curious to see what a day like that looks mapped out for you with a full day of eating
Such a chore brother. When Justin told me that I’m eating as much as him at 275lbs and I’m struggling to add weight at 230lbs and eating 1000gr of carbs 3-4 days a week, i was like wtf lol

I’m jealous of guys who can gain on only 3.5-4K cals and guys who can maintain weight on that or less.

Such a chore brother. When Justin told me that I’m eating as much as him at 275lbs and I’m struggling to add weight at 230lbs and eating 1000gr of carbs 3-4 days a week, i was like wtf lol

I’m jealous of guys who can gain on only 3.5-4K cals and guys who can maintain weight on that or less.
I can gain o 3.5 defiantly don't be jealous of me. I get 4 meals per day (don't want to make them smaller each) and its depressing to watch the food disappear. I literally lick the sauce and juice off the plate and stare at the clock waiting for my next meal. Id much rather be eating 5-6k, the only thing that would suck would be buying all the food lol

Ronnie didn't eat much? up to 2500g of carbs a day

:oops::poop:😄

That video sums Ronnie up. 100g protein... only in his head. Syntha 6 now is 22g per scoop so that would be 154g protein but those were heaped scoops so probably over 200g protein. I don't know if the formula was different back then but even if it were there is no way those big scoops are any less than 22g protein even if syntha 6 is mixed with alsorts of crap. I remember experimenting with 100g protein shakes and it didn't end well 😄

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131