over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Your experience with melatonin

When I am in DNP it is imperative, I will still have insomnia but I will manage to sleep/rest a quite better. 3 mg is a dose of shit, I not really weight or calculation in any way, lol.

If you are drinking coffee in the afternoon, good luck sleeping, I do not think melatonin will help reduce the effects of stimulants. It's not ketamine.

I suffer from insomnia as well, and even prescription sleep aids haven't worked well for me. I use 10mg melatonin and 2 Benadryl every night. Most nights I'm able to sleep fairly well with this combo....Benadryl, zzyquil, unisom they are all the same compound. cant remember the name off the top of my head

Actually the unisom tablets are doxylamine succinate. In clinical trials it was much more sedating than diphenhydramine (Benadryl). Also, it seems the body builds a tolerance much more slowly. Its my favorite

5-htp 100mg, 3mg melatonin, and a magnesium supplement put me out.

I love it been taking 3mg Now foods lozenges since 2008 can't be with out them.

Actually the unisom tablets are doxylamine succinate. In clinical trials it was much more sedating than diphenhydramine (Benadryl). Also, it seems the body builds a tolerance much more slowly. Its my favorite

5-htp 100mg, 3mg melatonin, and a magnesium supplement put me out.

Thanks! I should switch back to unisom then, I definitely notice the body adapting to Benadryl so rotating them should keep me at a lower tolerance

Why would some of us not feel ANY effect from melatonin? I've taken upwards of 20mgs and nothing. Possibly the form of it?

I do notice magnesium's(and other beneficial effects the next day) calming effects as well as ashwaganda's.

What have your guys experience been with melatonin. I have not had much success when I have used it for insomnia but I have a few friends that swear by it.

If it work for you can you please list the dosage and brand you use.

I am willing to give a few different brands a try before giving up on it. It would be cool to find a "safe" alternative.

I loved it when i took it. But i found the right dose. 1mg was perfect for me. I noticed when i went up to 3mg or more id wake up like a truck hit me. Felt groggy and distressed. But 1mg i woke up refreshed and energized

Why would some of us not feel ANY effect from melatonin? I've taken upwards of 20mgs and nothing. Possibly the form of it?

I do notice magnesium's(and other beneficial effects the next day) calming effects as well as ashwaganda's.

This was my experience taking up to 10mg and not noticing much, then I gave sublingual 1mg tabs a go and those were definitely much better, they don´t put me to sleep but they have a relaxing effect which is always welcome.

I took it for years due to it's benefit as a GH secratogue.

Then, a few years back, it started to give me horrible night terrors. I'm talking jumping out of bed, screaming, fighting...every fucking night.

Suffice to say I no longer take it, but I wish I could.

I Use it everynight in a blend formula. Usually 4-5mg.

If you want to sleep like a baby..try benadryl and melatonin.

When I am in DNP it is imperative, I will still have insomnia but I will manage to sleep/rest a quite better. 3 mg is a dose of shit, I not really weight or calculation in any way, lol.

If you are drinking coffee in the afternoon, good luck sleeping, I do not think melatonin will help reduce the effects of stimulants. It's not ketamine.

This is not true for everyone...

I take a serving of caffeine almost everyday around 4pm and still sleep just fine.

I take one serving of NyQuil, 3mg melatonin, and 1/2 aspirin every night. I had bad insomnia for years. This cocktail has worked very well for me. My doctor said it's much safer than any prescription sleep meds.
I buy the vitaminshoppe brand of melatonin because it's dirt cheap and it works.
The 1/2 aspirin I throw in as a blood thinner since my hemoglobin and hematocrit tested high a few months ago.
I take this cocktail then lie down and watch tv to relax. I fall asleep an hour or so later. The DXM in the NyQuil gives some interesting dreams.

I would advise against that. Taking acetaminaphin (sp?) Daily is not a wise choice.

Once in a while is fine if youre desperate for a good nights sleep.

This is not true for everyone...

I take a serving of caffeine almost everyday around 4pm and still sleep just fine.

But if you have trouble sleeping ... the first step is to reduce/eliminate stimulant

You need to be dosing melatonin 2+ hours prior to when you plan on going to bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I should switch back to unisom then, I definitely notice the body adapting to Benadryl so rotating them should keep me at a lower tolerance

You have to pay attention, I think the unisom gel caps are Benadryl.

I don't know why unisom has different formulations. I got really pissed off one time when I bought a box and it was a different active
Ingredient

What have your guys experience been with melatonin. I have not had much success when I have used it for insomnia but I have a few friends that swear by it.

If it work for you can you please list the dosage and brand you use.

I am willing to give a few different brands a try before giving up on it. It would be cool to find a "safe" alternative.

what i find with melatonin is that people generally do not use it right and have somewhat unrealistic expectations. ;)

should you expect melatonin to work like and or "feel"/act like xanax or some other "sleep" aid?

NO! lol

sleep has been an issue my entire life, in no way does melatonin knock me out. i do take it every night though!

why?
in short , its good for you!
its a hormone, go read about it.
probably for a number of reasons your body doesnt prodcue enough or is fucked up in some way due to sleep pattern. blah balh...

it helps. it also helps to keep you healthy.
dose?
lol:D
i just eat mine form a bag, no lil sucky pills. 2mg-5mg-10mg dont expect shit

20-100mg depending on other things.

melatonin is a/the base of my various sleep stacks, rarely ever taken out. though i do generally take it 6 days/wk rather then 7.

with some work i sleep pretty ok.
usually a solid 4-5 hrs before getting up to pee, then another 2-4hrs

occasionally i sleep a solid 8.

sleep is a mother fucker
;)

You need to be dosing melatonin 2+ hours prior to when you plan on going to bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

didnt mention this but...
2hrs?
lol how do you plan that far?

take mel
then go to bed!
seriously you want to be lying down within 10 mins.
trust me
:welcome:

Melatonin works good for me.

I tried it several years ago and it didn't seem to help at all.
Then I took Ambien for awhile but didn't care for it.
I asked my doc about trying something else and she told me to give Melatonin another try at a higher dose. She said it's Ok too take up to 12mg.
I tried the higher dose and it works great. I take ZMA with Gaba also.

i just eat mine form a bag, no lil sucky pills. 2mg-5mg-10mg dont expect shit

20-100mg depending on other things.

This!

Do you know if there may be a problem with such high doses?

If you use it use sublingual liquid.

You have to pay attention, I think the unisom gel caps are Benadryl.

I don't know why unisom has different formulations. I got really pissed off one time when I bought a box and it was a different active
Ingredient

This is true, I don't get it either but I bought the tablets yesterday because the gel caps are Diphenhydramine (Benadryl)

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws