over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Your Fav Bicep Exercise?

UsmcOldSchoolMuscle

Registered

My favorite exercise for Biceps is the Single Arm Hammer Curl performed leaning over a preacher bench to eliminate any cheating. If I would pick a second it would be incline db curls, both shown in pictures below. Surprisingly the article included states that my second favorite option is the second to worse of the exercises tested. If you care to read the article please share your thoughts.
20210205_110435.jpg 1592.jpg
My thoughts on the article:
*Concentration Curls
While I am a believer in concentration curls, they would be third on my list of favorites.
*Cable Curls
I haven't incorporated cable curls in some time. Per the article cable curls are certainly effective. I believe I will once again add them to my routine and I will likely opt for the form where I am laying flat.
*Preacher Curls
These suck and I haven't performed preachers in decades. I certainly do not adhere to the notion that they build the bi-cep peak. Essentially I believe that they are a waste of time and energy.

Single arm hammer preacher, single arm db preacher, preacher concentration curls, pinwheel curls (either dumbbell or rope attachment, I double it up in my hand for extra forearm work), spider curls. With Db movements I like to have to wrist facing up but slightly pointing in the direction pulling away from it. I'm soon to receive an award for most terrible description of exercise execution, ever. OK, imagine yourself seated on a preacher bench, dumbbell in hand. As you curl upwards, instead of pulling straight towards your face, I turn my wrist slightly so that the top of the movement for my right arm would put the dumbbell more so beside my right ear.

I'm sorry I smoke way too much fuckin weed in the morning

My 2 favorite bicep movements are:
  • Standing barbell curl with arm blaster
  • Seated high incline dumbbell curls
I obviously do other bicep movements but these 2 are my favorites and are never out of my plan for very long. Funny story...I first started weight training when I was a freshman in HS. My dad got me a little weight bench, a bar, and some plastic weights. Of course I also thought I "needed" an EZ curl bar. At some point in my "training" I decided the key to real bicep size was a Joe Weider Arm Blaster. I saved up some money from working on my neighbors farm and finally got one. This was probably around 1984 and I still have it to this day! Same with the little EZ curl bar. Now I haven't used that arm blaster since probably the late 80's and I didn't realize how flimsy and low quality it was until I got the arm blaster that Rogue makes. Very heavy-duty and works like it's supposed to! I do these pretty strict, stay in the 8-12 rep range, and use a slower eccentric of about 3-4 seconds. I have really long arms and I like the strict positioning it puts me in.

Attachments

• Arm Blaster.jpg
    Arm Blaster.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 6
Low pulley curls facing away, currently. That said, I despise bicep work for all of my life and yours

Standing hammer curls and seated incline hammer curls........

I like cable curls standing arms slightly behind me to get the full stretch controlled on the positive and negative 3 second squeeze and hold at the top go until complete failure rest 5 seconds then go again until failure

finished with a hammer curl seated on a decline position all out until failure

reps 15-20

Single arm hammer preacher, single arm db preacher, preacher concentration curls, pinwheel curls (either dumbbell or rope attachment, I double it up in my hand for extra forearm work), spider curls. With Db movements I like to have to wrist facing up but slightly pointing in the direction pulling away from it. I'm soon to receive an award for most terrible description of exercise execution, ever. OK, imagine yourself seated on a preacher bench, dumbbell in hand. As you curl upwards, instead of pulling straight towards your face, I turn my wrist slightly so that the top of the movement for my right arm would put the dumbbell more so beside my right ear.

I'm sorry I smoke way too much fuckin weed in the morning
I believe that I have a grasp of what your saying. Am I correct in that your giving a slight outward rotation to your wrist and hand to emphasize stressing the peak of the bi-cep?

Chins! Supposedly the most muscle activation in the bi's, a compound movement and they're just flat-out fun to do. Reminds me of my Corps. days when I was able to bang out over 30 kip style on a regular basis

Here´s another interesting read which is in line with what you posted Usmc (the hammer grip is surprisingly effective)

My personal favourites are dumbbell curls (supinated and hammer grip) and ez / straight bar cable curls.
Thanks for contributing Nyoco.
Dante Trudel is a big proponent of Hammer Curls
20210206_121447.jpg

Chins! Supposedly the most muscle activation in the bi's, a compound movement and they're just flat-out fun to do. Reminds me of my Corps. days when I was able to bang out over 30 kip style on a regular basis
My uncle was an Army Soldier and avid martial arts practitioner. To show up the Marines he performed 10 one arms pull-ups from a locked out elbow! Then with that one arm shot himself up and then switched to the left hand and banged out ten more.

Mike Menzter considered close supinated grip pull downs to be one of the best exercises for Bi-ceps as well as lats, which is why he was so affirmed in the necessity of the pull over machine, to which I agree.

When I had no access to the gyms (pandemic) I performed close grip chins stressing the bi-ceps in the fashion which inmates (jail/prison) perform them.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws