over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Your Fav Bicep Exercise?

I like cable curls standing arms slightly behind me to get the full stretch controlled on the positive and negative 3 second squeeze and hold at the top go until complete failure rest 5 seconds then go again until failure

finished with a hammer curl seated on a decline position all out until failure

reps 15-20
I've never done much cable curls as I felt like mentally I had to focus too much on stabilizing my posture. In addition to performing them while laying flat I will also be incorporating the method you supplied as well. One handed High reps seems like it will suite my style of form focused lifting.

Higher rep BB curls and close grip chins focusing on biceps

Higher rep BB curls and close grip chins focusing on biceps
Is very interesting when I here a fellow chinning enthusiast mention "focusing on biceps" whilst chinning

because I find it difficult to relate...

if I were to be guilty of trying to "focus" on anything during chins, it would be to focus on RIPPING THE GODDAMNED BAR OUTTA THE SKY AND INTO MY STERNUM AS FAST AND AS HARD AS HUMANELY POSSIBLE!

but, that's just me

My 2 favorite bicep movements are:
  • Standing barbell curl with arm blaster
  • Seated high incline dumbbell curls
I obviously do other bicep movements but these 2 are my favorites and are never out of my plan for very long. Funny story...I first started weight training when I was a freshman in HS. My dad got me a little weight bench, a bar, and some plastic weights. Of course I also thought I "needed" an EZ curl bar. At some point in my "training" I decided the key to real bicep size was a Joe Weider Arm Blaster. I saved up some money from working on my neighbors farm and finally got one. This was probably around 1984 and I still have it to this day! Same with the little EZ curl bar. Now I haven't used that arm blaster since probably the late 80's and I didn't realize how flimsy and low quality it was until I got the arm blaster that Rogue makes. Very heavy-duty and works like it's supposed to! I do these pretty strict, stay in the 8-12 rep range, and use a slower eccentric of about 3-4 seconds. I have really long arms and I like the strict positioning it puts me in.
Thanks for posting the picture of the classic arm blaster. I have not used one of the apparatuses since active duty but I do like them. Forces you to keep your elbows back and firmly in place.
I was given a weight set and bench in 5th grade same age that his father gave him his. He loaned me his copy of Keys to the Universe by Bill Pearl and I took to the ground running.

4d1bbea7b8f6644fe3b85ec8c98d6047.png zsvzbhun6h331.jpg
I have signed up to be notified when the arm blaster with leather strap from Rogue returns in stock.

For seated arm curls on an incline I also prefer I high incline which I'd say I perform at a 75 degree angle.

I believe that I have a grasp of what your saying. Am I correct in that your giving a slight outward rotation to your wrist and hand to emphasize stressing the peak of the bi-cep?

Indeed, but I won't imply that it will help 'shape' your peak or even give you one. That just happens to be the position where I feel biceps contract the hardest.

Is very interesting when I here a fellow chinning enthusiast mention "focusing on biceps" whilst chinning

because I find it difficult to relate...

if I were to be guilty of trying to "focus" on anything during chins, it would be to focus on RIPPING THE GODDAMNED BAR OUTTA THE SKY AND INTO MY STERNUM AS FAST AND AS HARD AS HUMANELY POSSIBLE!

but, that's just me

Yup I get what your saying. I do them with a close grip palms facing each other. I usually do them as a secondary exercise after curls so my biceps are already engaged.

Also a close grip , rev Chin also work well this way.

Yup I get what your saying. I do them with a close grip palms facing each other. I usually do them as a secondary exercise after curls so my biceps are already engaged.

Also a close grip , rev Chin also work well this way.
Word, also, I think neutral grip is best for overall arm thickness, brachioradialis and whatnot, but overall, nothing beats rings for chins due to the infinite variable factor inherently involved

Regular old standing alt. DB curls for biceps and standing alt. pinwheel curls for brachialis. All the other stuff is fluff. I try to think about where my upper arm is in relation to my torso. Ill do a preacher curl movement (upper arm fixed in slight shoulder flexion) and an incline curl movement (upper arm fixed in slight shoulder extension) to round out bicep work. Same train of thought for triceps BTW

Here´s another interesting read which is in line with what you posted Usmc (the hammer grip is surprisingly effective)

My personal favourites are dumbbell curls (supinated and hammer grip) and ez / straight bar cable curls.
Thanks for sharing this link. I had to freshen up on my Myology a bit but I believe that I grasp the information.

Man, I've been incorporating spider curls at the very end of back, biceps and forearms and they just toast me. Anyone else a fan? If you don't mind looking like a bitch with the amount of weight you can use 😂

Also, my gym has an awesome Nautilus Xpload free weight preacher curl that is awesome if you get it in JUST the right position

My biceps and forearms training is more or less one long set of various exercises, running up and down weights. I might start with dumbbell pinwheel curls, then go to hammers, then standing Db curls, then straight over to the cable and do cable versions of pinwheel and hammer curls

Got the forearms to prove it! Lol

Screenshot_20210211-181502_Chrome.jpg

My 2 favorite bicep movements are:
  • Standing barbell curl with arm blaster
  • Seated high incline dumbbell curls
I obviously do other bicep movements but these 2 are my favorites and are never out of my plan for very long. Funny story...I first started weight training when I was a freshman in HS. My dad got me a little weight bench, a bar, and some plastic weights. Of course I also thought I "needed" an EZ curl bar. At some point in my "training" I decided the key to real bicep size was a Joe Weider Arm Blaster. I saved up some money from working on my neighbors farm and finally got one. This was probably around 1984 and I still have it to this day! Same with the little EZ curl bar. Now I haven't used that arm blaster since probably the late 80's and I didn't realize how flimsy and low quality it was until I got the arm blaster that Rogue makes. Very heavy-duty and works like it's supposed to! I do these pretty strict, stay in the 8-12 rep range, and use a slower eccentric of about 3-4 seconds. I have really long arms and I like the strict positioning it puts me in.
i used to love the arm blaster. now, for some reason they jack up my neck.

and i used to hate preacher curls because one of my elbows is not as flexible as the other. BUT, i just found a cable preacher curl that allows both to move independent of the other. this thing is awesome.

f602-1_2.jpg

i used to love the arm blaster. now, for some reason they jack up my neck.

and i used to hate preacher curls because one of my elbows is not as flexible as the other. BUT, i just found a cable preacher curl that allows both to move independent of the other. this thing is awesome.

View attachment 126383
I dont mind a solid preacher curl machine that achives constant tension, but I never perform preacher curls with free weights as it's contrary to my training principle of maximizing range of motion.

That machine looks pretty legit.

I love the bayesian curl.
This is the correct way to do it.
Start at 16:00min
Why?

Might as well do preacher curls. What remains is waisted motion.

That is if you believe a few things about muscle loading.

Man, I've been incorporating spider curls at the very end of back, biceps and forearms and they just toast me. Anyone else a fan? If you don't mind looking like a bitch with the amount of weight you can use

Also, my gym has an awesome Nautilus Xpload free weight preacher curl that is awesome if you get it in JUST the right position

My biceps and forearms training is more or less one long set of various exercises, running up and down weights. I might start with dumbbell pinwheel curls, then go to hammers, then standing Db curls, then straight over to the cable and do cable versions of pinwheel and hammer curls

Got the forearms to prove it! Lol

View attachment 126368
I regularly incorporate spider curls. I've stopped caring about how much weight I'm lifting long ago as I focus on pure form and range of motion.
With machines such as the Nautilus xpload bicep curls were the motion is performed above the heart when you drop the arm after and flex for extra pump this action is typically heightened and the pump is profound.

I regularly incorporate spider curls. I've stopped caring about how much weight I'm lifting long ago as I focus on pure form and range of motion.
With machines such as the Nautilus xpload bicep curls were the motion is performed above the heart when you drop the arm after and flex for extra pump this action is typically heightened and the pump is profound.

Personally, I like placing my elbow right at the very upward edge of the pad, just enough so it's not uncomfortable with the amount of weight I'm using. I then pull in and outward slightly with my wrists, basically simulating what you'd do if someone asked you to flex your arms lol. That's really more or less how I ultimately feel biceps, replicating something you'd do if someone asked you to flex. Weight is kind of an afterthought

One of my favorite exercises is standing db curls with my back and elbows against the wall. I also keep my palms facing up with my wrists rotated outward as far as i can.

If you want a good idea of how strong you really are on biceps, try this exercise. And dont bring your elbows off the wall!!!

One of my favorite exercises is standing db curls with my back and elbows against the wall. I also keep my palms facing up with my wrists rotated outward as far as i can.

If you want a good idea of how strong you really are on biceps, try this exercise. And dont bring your elbows off the wall!!!
I do curls in a similar manor but I've typically leaned against a pole and keep my elbows back past the pole itself. Essentially it's a stabilized drag curl movement.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131