over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Your favorite back exercise ..

Lately ive enjoyed Tbar rows and chin ups on a straight bar. <<<< I am not a fan of Chin ups anymore!

Hell! I need major work as I can't even do a complete 3 reps of chin ups anymore! Sucks, and I feel almost embarassed to use the assisted thingy.
Anyways, my favs. are bar rows and cable rows(even those are pussy, I know:D)

The double d/bell bent over row is one of the most challenging movements for upper back and middle back thickness. If done correctly they will cause some good growth in those areas. I do like heavy seated rows with a cable. No swinging and no leaning back. Then one arm rows for that good stretch all the way down to lat insertions. I also do a one arm pulldown out of the cable x/over machine from an incline bench. Wicked stretch and great range of motion.

In order from greatest to least:

Deadlifts in sets of 10
Over hand bent over rows with back parallel to ground
Wide grip weighted pull ups

Deadlifts are the best. I used to be a whiny bitch about them until the guys at the gym made me start doing them. I went about a month off of a 4-inch box, then a month just regular then a month sumo style. I gained about 15 pounds in just a few months, my lats spread out pretty good and my bench also started jumping up too for some reason.

Lately ive enjoyed Tbar rows and chin ups on a straight bar. <<<< I am not a fan of Chin ups anymore!

MMmmmmm t-bar rows.... wonder why? =)

another vote for reverse grip bent rows

deadlifts, t-bars and medium-to-narrow grip pulldowns. Then I'm done.

seated one arm cabel rows,

sit on a seated cable row machine, male sure to wrap up with one hand and on the close grip.. just like a reg dumbell row, but seated, make sure to emphasize the stretch and when pulling back bring the elbow back as far as possible and twist at the waist for a max contraction...

training back is all about the elbows, you need to think of you hand as being attached to the bar, and simply look at where you elbow is moving... pull with your elbow not your hand and your back will grow....this is so simple but most never think about it because they are trying to move the bar and not their elbows...

the same rule applies with delts, while doing side, front or rear raises, the elbow must lead, not the hand... try it and you'll know what im talking about....

Deadlifts and Weighted Chins.

Nothing else needed for 99% of people, IMO.

seated one arm cabel rows,

sit on a seated cable row machine, male sure to wrap up with one hand and on the close grip.. just like a reg dumbell row, but seated, make sure to emphasize the stretch and when pulling back bring the elbow back as far as possible and twist at the waist for a max contraction...

training back is all about the elbows, you need to think of you hand as being attached to the bar, and simply look at where you elbow is moving... pull with your elbow not your hand and your back will grow....this is so simple but most never think about it because they are trying to move the bar and not their elbows...

the same rule applies with delts, while doing side, front or rear raises, the elbow must lead, not the hand... try it and you'll know what im talking about....

i agree 100% ELBOWS!!!

i agree with km.. one arm cable row and one arm db row are my favs.. i can actually chin very well.. but, always, no matter what variation i tried, had sore brachi's the next day.. i gave up and went strictly to one arm db rows (bent over or on incline bench) and one arm cable rows.. they do just fine..;)

Thank you for that. I wish someone would have told me that 10 years ago. The difference is remarkable.

Shoulders stance pull-ups for as many reps as you can... then seated reverse grip cable rows.

And more pull-ups :p

which ever ones make my back develope quicker, but I prefer phil's pulldown machine and rows.

Fav Back ex

I have a bulging disk in my lower back so i have to be careful what I do. Have had great results and pumps with one arm cable rows. I squat in seated position, get full extension, great range of motion, helluva burn. Best of all, no lower back pressure!!!!!

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear