advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Your help would be highly appreciated to end my misery.

notorius

Registered
I have this "knot" feeling right at the bottom of my right lat, it is not something new but I've had it for years now, I travels from there to my righjt outer hip, sometimes bellow it, sometimes towards the right side of my rhomboid area. At first, I thought it was a lumbar issue due to heavy squats/deadlifts I have performed throughout the years and the stress toll the spinal cord takes from this from L2 to down.
I did prolotherapy suggested by a doc's based on his reading of my xrays, didn't help much, then acupuncture, physiotherapy multiple times another doc said it wasn't at all a spinal cord issue but rather a muscular issue...all these treatments have been repeatedly performed multiple times, this whole situation has been going since 2009.
So, when I walk, there is always a stiffness feeling around the areas mentioned above, mainly in the lower back area from hip to hip. By the end of a busy day, I end up feeling almost as if there a swelling balloon from hip to hip, not painful, but very uncomfortable.
Anyone had/has similar problem, and is there treatment you had to help relieve it?

Sorry, my post above was a quick draft, here is the corrected one:

I have this "knot" feeling right at the bottom of my right lat, that I have for years now, it travels from there down to my right outer hip, sometimes it goes bellow it, sometimes towards the right side of my rhomboid area, sometimes it goes bellow both hips, and feels like a tight cramp on both sides. At first, I thought it was a lumbar issue due to heavy squats/deadlifts I had performed throughout the years and the stress toll the spinal cord has taken from them from the L2 area to down.

I did prolotherapy suggested by a doctor based on his reading of my xrays, didn't help much, then acupuncture, physiotherapy multiple times, another doctor said it wasn't at all a spinal cord issue but rather a muscular issue...all these treatments have been repeatedly performed multiple times since 2009.

So, when I walk, there is always a stiffness feeling from hip to hip. By the end of a busy day, I end up feeling almost as if there a swollen balloon inserted in my lower back from hip to hip, not painful, but extremely uncomfortable.

Anyone had/has similar problem, and is there any treatment you had to help relieve it?

Any chance of a lipoma?

I'll let the medical guys throw their 2 cents in.

One more important detail, this feeling totally fades away when seated, or laying down, it occurs only when standing up for over a couple of minutes and walking.

I have this "knot" feeling right at the bottom of my right lat, that I have for years now, it travels from there down to my right outer hip, sometimes it goes bellow it, sometimes towards the right side of my rhomboid area, sometimes it goes bellow both hips, and feels like a tight cramp on both sides. At first, I thought it was a lumbar issue due to heavy squats/deadlifts I had performed throughout the years and the stress toll the spinal cord has taken from them from the L2 area to down.

I did prolotherapy suggested by a doctor based on his reading of my xrays, didn't help much, then acupuncture, physiotherapy multiple times, another doctor said it wasn't at all a spinal cord issue but rather a muscular issue...all these treatments have been repeatedly performed multiple times since 2009.

So, when I walk, there is always a stiffness feeling from hip to hip. By the end of a busy day, I end up feeling almost as if there a swollen balloon inserted in my lower back from hip to hip, not painful, but extremely uncomfortable.

Anyone had/has similar problem, and is there any treatment you had to help relieve it?

With the physiotherapy and prolotherapy, what was the diagnosis? Did they find any trigger points or specific muscles they thought were the problem? Since it happens with weight bearing; did they check for a leg length discrepancy or foot issue that is causing abnormal forces on the hip/pevis? Have they checked for a hip issue such as trendelenburg from weakness or nerve impingement? Have they done a MRI of the spine yet to rule everything out? Just a few suggestions as there are really a lot of potential starting places but the cause really needs to be identified to be successful.

With the physiotherapy and prolotherapy, what was the diagnosis? Did they find any trigger points or specific muscles they thought were the problem? Since it happens with weight bearing; did they check for a leg length discrepancy or foot issue that is causing abnormal forces on the hip/pevis? Have they checked for a hip issue such as trendelenburg from weakness or nerve impingement? Have they done a MRI of the spine yet to rule everything out? Just a few suggestions as there are really a lot of potential starting places but the cause really needs to be identified to be successful.

Yes I did an MRI, then 3 or 4 X-rays here and there, the readings were always arthritis around the pelvic area, then I did prolotherapy, then acupuncture, then a bunch of physiotherapy sessions with some massage around that area, it felt great after for maybe a hour or so, then went back to the same crappy state again. The last time I visited a doctor a year ago, he examined me extensively and did free 3 X-ray rounds on the spot to come up with some quick answers, so he wrote the diagnosis as (lumbago, L4 L5 Austerolithesis grade1), I am typing this based on what I am reading on the document he wrote that I have before my eyes, and as you know doctors do not write neatly, so what I reported between the parentheses might be misspelled; so he determined and assured me that the arthritis he has seen on the X-rays were mild and should not be considered as the main concern, he blamed the discomfort mainly on the muscles around the pelvis, so he still prescribed me more physiotherapy along with massage, myofascial release, ultrasound and low LVL laser. So I went to this guy who only performed on the physiotherapy and massage, no ultrasound or low LVL laser and asked me to do certain exercises twice a week he listed to me on a sheet. I insisted he completes the treatment assigned on the prescription but he always said that it was unnecessary, the last thing for me to do was to yell at him from so much insisting, but I've never went that path.
Bottom line, none of the above worked, and I am still as I was 9 years ago. I do not have any idea what to do after all the attempts I have made as described above.

Yes I did an MRI, then 3 or 4 X-rays here and there, the readings were always arthritis around the pelvic area, then I did prolotherapy, then acupuncture, then a bunch of physiotherapy sessions with some massage around that area, it felt great after for maybe a hour or so, then went back to the same crappy state again. The last time I visited a doctor a year ago, he examined me extensively and did free 3 X-ray rounds on the spot to come up with some quick answers, so he wrote the diagnosis as (lumbago, L4 L5 Austerolithesis grade1), I am typing this based on what I am reading on the document he wrote that I have before my eyes, and as you know doctors do not write neatly, so what I reported between the parentheses might be misspelled; so he determined and assured me that the arthritis he has seen on the X-rays were mild and should not be considered as the main concern, he blamed the discomfort mainly on the muscles around the pelvis, so he still prescribed me more physiotherapy along with massage, myofascial release, ultrasound and low LVL laser. So I went to this guy who only performed on the physiotherapy and massage, no ultrasound or low LVL laser and asked me to do certain exercises twice a week he listed to me on a sheet. I insisted he completes the treatment assigned on the prescription but he always said that it was unnecessary, the last thing for me to do was to yell at him from so much insisting, but I've never went that path.
Bottom line, none of the above worked, and I am still as I was 9 years ago. I do not have any idea what to do after all the attempts I have made as described above.

It sounds like they have done a lot of testing and treatments to no avail. That can be so frustrating both physically and mentally. Good luck in figuring it out. Maybe get a theracane and try poking and prodding around to see if you can find a trigger point or spot and then dig into that for a few days and see if it help.

Reactions: Bio
Well there is certainly a trigger point and it has been consistent, it is around the right side sacroiliac joint, but would that cause the constantly moving discomfort around my back mentioned above and the swelling feeling from hip to hip?

Well there is certainly a trigger point and it has been consistent, it is around the right side sacroiliac joint, but would that cause the constantly moving discomfort around my back mentioned above and the swelling feeling from hip to hip?

Nerve impingement can cause various symptoms in various places. I actually have been dealing with a R hip/low back/SI issue for the past 8 months off and on where it moves to different locations at different times. Have you thought about a cortisone injection to the SI?

Notorious how old are you?

Nerve impingement can cause various symptoms in various places. I actually have been dealing with a R hip/low back/SI issue for the past 8 months off and on where it moves to different locations at different times. Have you thought about a cortisone injection to the SI?

I did prolotherapy in that area. I fear the water retention reported to be caused by cortisone shots

I did prolotherapy in that area. I fear the water retention reported to be caused by cortisone shots

A guided injection into the SI, while it is possible for some amount to become systemic; it is short lived and most people do not experience any systemic side effects.

A guided injection into the SI, while it is possible for some amount to become systemic; it is short lived and most people do not experience any systemic side effects.
have you experimented with it?

have you experimented with it?

Yes, I actually had a guided SI injection towards the end of last year, partially solved my problem. I also have had numerous systemic prednisone IV's but those were not for orthopedic purposes.

I asked because I'm wondering if could be anything auto immune, which it could. I have Ankylosing Spondylitis and it effects my SI joint. In fact it's very inflamed and on its way to fusing.

I've had that and like you, I didn't get any lasting effect except for severe flushing and elevated blood pressure..LOL! I can't stand cortisone anymore. It did, however, work as a diagnostic tool. That said, notorious you could give it a shot and see if you get any lasting effect from it.

I asked because I'm wondering if could be anything auto immune, which it could. I have Ankylosing Spondylitis and it effects my SI joint. In fact it's very inflamed and on its way to fusing.

I've had that and like you, I didn't get any lasting effect except for severe flushing and elevated blood pressure..LOL! I can't stand cortisone anymore. It did, however, work as a diagnostic tool. That said, notorious you could give it a shot and see if you get any lasting effect from it.
no, not after what I've just read, one doc way back insisted on epidural, but that was not what I was seeking, I hope for some more input on this thread.

Its kind of hit or miss. I got good results for several months. I know many people that have gotten good results as well as many people that have gotten absolutely nothing from them. Some people have had multiple injections and some of them worked and some didn't. There really is no rhyme or reason. But yes, I hate cortisone in general; unfortunately I am on 5mg per day for life.

I know therapy has been a big fail for you throughout the years but one therapy I have not heard you mention is MyoFascial Release Therapy. The basic idea is that fascial tissue gets twisted up throughout the body over time and pulls joints, skeletal muscles, legaments, etc. out of alignment causing pain in random areas that seem unrelated. It's quite possible that the discomfort you feel in your lower lat and hip area might be due to tight and twisted fascial tissue in other areas of your body that are pulling you out of alignment. My wife is a practitioner and has helped me over the years when I've experienced pain and discomfort that was otherwise undiagnosable by other types of therapists and doctors. I can't say that this is definitely what is happening with you but it is worth you taking the time to look in to it. The links below are a good place to start. This is worth looking in to. Good luck :cool:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131