over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

your influence to start training?

tripleOT

Kilo Klub Member / Verified Customer / Sponsor Rep
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Sponsors
I always find it interesting to hear peoples reasoning as to why they started training with weights. We've all heard so many different responses and decisions. everything from "I was the smallest kid in class" all the way to selfish reasonings of " to get that girl!"

Me? I had an older cousin growing up, he is 11 years older than me. He was always into weight training. I remember going to his house when we were kids and he had an old Joe Weider bench, some loose weights and a heavy bag that seemed to weigh a million pounds back then. I would go lift with him and he was always so strong to me. I saw him maybe once every four months, each time I saw him he was always much bigger and much stronger... I wanted to be just like him.

That along with me growing up in the era of Arnold and Stallone made me want to be the biggest and strongest around. Started playin around with weights at around 14 and seriously around 17-18... now mid 30's.

So what's your journey? What made you hit the weights and start your journey to where you are now?

Last edited:
For me it was football, all through youth football I was the smallest kid on the team, when I got to high school I still was. It was just genetics at that point since I was apparently a late bloomer growth wise. But while I was going to be the smallest I vowed to be one of, if not the, strongest on the team.

I lifted in Jr High but not super serious until HS. Which is when my love of lifting began to match my love of football.

I also got motivation from my dad. But not the usual motivation. I was always begging him to buy me a weight set to which he would reply that it would be a waste since they would just sit on the floor in my room. He finally gave in and while it's not the same weight set, I'm still going strong at 53 years young.

I'll probably be in the VAST minority with my honest answer.

I got into lifting from insecurity issues,...Boom, it's out there.

I started somewhere around 145 - 150 ish, always small due to my structure. At my heaviest I was 235 ish, close to a 100 lb gain, certainly not pretty, but big.

My sons friends who don't train can't beieve that I was as thin as he is. Fortunately he doesn't have the same insecurity issues. Training is like being a gerbil on a treadmill, you're Never satisfied until you drop weight and see old pictures, and realize how good you really DID look,.....funny.

Seeing all these jacked guys on TV getting all the chicks

I think for me it started because of sports. Started wrestling at 5 y/o and when I hit high school I really made it a huge part of my life. In college I started dipping into bodybuilding and now I'm about to turn 30 and lifting on and off for years... I love the natural high it gives me. I also like going places and being the bigger guy. There's so many reasons why I love this sport. Plus getting to know my body and how it reacts and knowing what it wants is a great feeling.

My grandpa and I used to always talk about Arnold, since I was really into his movies as a kid.

He taught me alot of the basics to lifting but I didn't end up getting into it seriously until I was like 21.

My dad is the strongest person I know and doesn't even lift. I don't think he really respects bodybuilding at all. Not sure why I didn't get his genetics..

But me and my grandpa love bodybuilding lol. So I would say he was my biggest influence along with Arnold.

I tried off and on to get into it as a kid but the bug never bit me. I used to race motorcycles and a really bad crash left me with two herniated disks and a fractured vertebra. Had to do physical therapy for it and started to supplement with some gym time and when I started to finally see some results I was hooked

To me it was hot bitches.
Although I was fortunate to come from a very healthy active family, my parents made me workout and eat healthy since I was very young. But didn't develop an interest until I was in University.

Me and my friends were sick and tired of going out and see gorgeous girls dating ugly fat mofos. It was not fair, but it had an explanation. Those fat fucks had fat wallets. So in our time of doing nothing, which was the whole day, we determined that in order to have all the pussy in the world you need 2 things: Money and/or body. Money, we were already in university so that was paving the road for the future. Body, we needed to start working out. And we joined a gym.

After a week one of them dropped, after 3-4 months all my friends were gone. I kept working out hard and I loved it. After 5 months I was getting comments like "hey my girl said she saw you the other day and you looked all sexy with muscles". I started getting more pussy and the rest is history....

I was a fat kid, got into sports, got super fit and played tennis at a high level, chased a pro dream for a bit but was told my body wasn't going to survive the rigors of that life so I went to university...I knew while there if I got lazy again and didn't focus some energy towards something athletic I'd blow up again. Once a fatty, you always see yourself as a fatty so you're extra vigilant about not getting back to fat so I started lifting, never stopped.

We had a lot of fights in my neighborhood and school. Everyone on my block started lifting weights, but it really wasn't until I started wrestling especially greco,was when I started to do a lot more dishing it out.

Mainly insecurity issues..i graduated high school weighing 115lbs. Started lifting around 18 years old because of chicks. Worked out for months at a time then I would stop for a couple of weeks and lose everything. Then got into a fight and got my ass beat when I was 21/22. That made me start to take it seriously, wanted to get big so people wouldn't mess with me at the bars/parties etc. A year after that, I did my first show and took 3rd place in my class. Now, I lift cause I don't want to be an old fat dad. It's weird, when I was younger I lifted out of hate for everything. Now I have to dig deep to bring the motivation.

I was a bully throughout primary and secondary and wanted to make sure that no one could stand up to me

I was myself. I remember one day playing basketball when I was young. I had no shirt on and seen a reflection of myself in a window. I was extremely skinny and my chest actually looked sunken. I started that very day training with weights.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws