over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Your Recovery Techniques

For me, eating well, sleeping well, and keeping the training at 3x a week has served me very well.
I've done massage a couple of times and didn't get much out of it. I think it practical usefulness is primarily making you feel better at the moment; research shows tissue cannot be manipulated as suggested by practitioners.

1. Ketogenic, nutrient dense diet
2. Keeping insulin sensitivity high at all times (eating LCHF, not using growth hormone or insulin) however I do OCCASIONALLY use ghrp's.
3. I pay great attention now to my sleep patterns.
4. Sauna
5. Metformin
6. Stay lean and light

This is my recovery/longevity protocol.

B-Boy,

These are all great points. I'm big on sleep and Metformin. I'm curious how much sleep to do shoot for on average and how much Met do you use?

For me, it might be placebo but L-glutamine does seem to aid in my muscle recovery. I have a lot and take between 20-30 grams daily......I'm sure I will get ripped on saying how much I like glutamine but that's okay. I don't think it will help someone put on muscle tho.

B-Boy,

These are all great points. I'm big on sleep and Metformin. I'm curious how much sleep to do shoot for on average and how much Met do you use?
I work swing shift and use to not get very much sleep, now I prioritize sleep and try to NEVER get less than 7 hours sleep

I use metformin at 1g a day, I take time off every so often also. Right now I'm off.

For me, it might be placebo but L-glutamine does seem to aid in my muscle recovery. I have a lot and take between 20-30 grams daily......I'm sure I will get ripped on saying how much I like glutamine but that's okay. I don't think it will help someone put on muscle tho.
I love glutamine, take it everyday. ;-)

My original post was cheeky but I wanted to revisit this as I think it’s an important topic that is far more paramount than people think. Everyone talks about over training but rarely do people talk about “under-recovery”, if you will. I think they’re one in the same, personally. The below have aided my recovery to the point where I am rarely suffering from DOMS but steadily seeing increases in my log book and positive physique changes. YMMV

1.Sleep- I mean deep REM sleep, 7 hours minimum. Not sure how you’re sleeping...get a sleep study. I prioritize quality sleep these days and I believe it has yielded positive change. I know OP mentioned this but I still wanted to harp on it.

2.HGH- this one goes hand in hand with bullet #1, to a degree. HGH has a myriad of properties (that I won’t get into at this time) that can enhance the physique but the effect it has on sleep alone is worthwhile imo.

3. Peri-workout nutrition, with an emphasis on intra workout drinks. This is touted a lot these days and it’s for good reason. I started incorporating this when I worked under
John Meadows and it’s never left my arsenal.

4. Insulin- Insulin is a powerful tool but it’s only as good as ones nutrition. This plays in directly with bullet #4 as it greatly enhances our ability to utilize what we put into our bodies. I personally use a rapid acting version pre or post workout. I think long acting has a place as well but that’s a topic for another day.

5. Deep tissue work- I mean real deep tissue, not a massage parlor that could result in a happy ending. If the massage is relaxing, you’re doing it wrong.

6. Stop drinking - I graduated from Penn state, I pretty much majored and minored in alcohol consumption. When I reduced my alcohol consumption, my body thanked me.

7. Steroids- use them, need I say more lol

Along with the above, I also incorporate foam rolling, EMS and massage guns. I think they all have a place, but I stand behind my top 7.
Awesome list! Sleep cannot be undersold. My job impacts my sleep more than training does these days. And everything suffers when I don't get enough sleep.

As for deep tissue work, I agree that if it doesn't hurt at least somewhat then it's not what you need. I'll add to that that dry needling is absolutely incredible. I wish there was a provider of that in my area that I could just pay cash or cc for it. I know a couple PT's that do it but they can only accept people with insurance and that's just a pain. Sometimes they just tell me to come in off the books but I don't like doing that because I feel like I'm taking advantage.

De-loading every 4-5 weeks is usually enough for me. I do take glutamine every day as well

contrast showers, sauna, massage, functional rage FR, body tempering, mini workouts-bands, sleds, accupressure mat, long walks, chiro, hot bath, compression therapy for joints, wear my bowtie from Donnie Thompson, lower back protocol for traction, anything traction

Obviously sleep is number 1 but I also swim laps to increase blood flow to upper body and ride bike for the lower just a little not actual cardio each day to get circulation of nutrients into the muscles also I have a Sauna

I used to do foam rolling, stretching, hot cold showers, separate cardio and training, sauna etc. Then I realized all the stress of doing 10 little things that might help recover .01 percent actually seemed like it was stressing me more and keeping me from recovering, I felt better when I dropped all that and just spent the time relaxing watching TV.

I do think a deload every 10 weeks or so, lowering volume, and massage every month are a good idea. Stretch post workout but don't make 15 minutes of it if your already a busy person.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131