over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Your tips to avoid cold catching and geting sick

Wash your hands, plain and simple. Soap only removes the oil, doesn’t kill the bacteria. Make sure you scrub them well.

uv light and a serve safe class taught me that! lol

guys getting sick is often just a sing that you are less then optimal.

if you are functioning at the upper ends of the spectrum you do not get sick.

should be a sign you have bigger issues.

Really? That's news to me wow

I've always taken a ton of supps but never used vitamin d for some reason. Kids would get sick and like clockwork I would as well. Now I dont even do the odd little things I usee to do to try and avoid getting sick. Energy levels have increased and workouts have improved. Kinda crazy but I will use it for the rest of my life now haha

I know you already said it, but I swear by mega dosing vitamin c. 3000mg a day split up and I’ve been sick wayyyyyy less than I used to be.

This is exactly what I do too. Nothing else. But, once I stop it, I get sick :rolleyes:

Make sure you are taking extra vitamin d. I haven't been sick since I started taking 5,000 iu 3 years ago.

yes ^^^^^
bump up when feling it coming on
add zinc
no illness

Very controversial i know, but my best advice is to stop taking medications for it. I VERY, VERY, VERY rarely get sick. Maybe once every 6-8 years. But i dont take meds to prevent it and let my body fight the fight. If i get a runny nose it lasts maybe 12-24 hours. I know people that get a runny nose and immediately start popping tons of over the counter meds. They seem to hold on to that sickness for 1-2 weeks and then it finally goes away. I havent had the flu since i was a kid (Guess what, my mom pumped OTC meds into me as soon as i started coughing and it would last a long time). Just my 2 cents

Very controversial i know, but my best advice is to stop taking medications for it. I VERY, VERY, VERY rarely get sick. Maybe once every 6-8 years. But i dont take meds to prevent it and let my body fight the fight. If i get a runny nose it lasts maybe 12-24 hours. I know people that get a runny nose and immediately start popping tons of over the counter meds. They seem to hold on to that sickness for 1-2 weeks and then it finally goes away. I havent had the flu since i was a kid (Guess what, my mom pumped OTC meds into me as soon as i started coughing and it would last a long time). Just my 2 cents

Not trying to disagree with you. But if I had to take a guess without knowing you. I would bet you just have good gut health. DC is right. Don't quote me on the exact number. But I believe something like 70% of our immune system is in our stomach/GI tract. So if you have good gut health you basically aren't going to get sick. I had a on going medical issue for 6 plus years that got infected every 3-4 months(because it wasnt taken care of properly in the beginning, or at anytime)So I was on antibiotics all the time. After 4 or so years of this it got to the point the Dr would have to put me on the highest possible prescribed dose of antibiotics and normal at least 2 kinds at once. It got to the point the infection never actually went all the way away. I would drain it every morning. Anyways after years of all those antibiotics I got sick basically just looking at a sick person. Luckily I've gotten a little better. But I'm sure to some degree my gut health was permanently damaged. Antibiotics are horrible drugs due to being over prescribed!

I'm with you on this as well, however, your REALLY lucky if you only get sick every 6-8 years, that's unheard of man.

I get sick once or twice a year, ironically enough, around x-mas time when stress is higher then normal and while I'm not working off for the holidays.

Stay away from sick people. "Colds" come from a virus, you have to get it from someone.

Everything else is broscience or urban-myth.

One more for gut health!

I eat kimchi/sauerkraut daily, tumeric powder before meals, and generally less processed /high carb the better=less imflamation, can also see on skin!

Mk or Hgh helps a ton too!

I normally get sick once every year, during flu season. Lasts about a week and I truly don't mind it.

I feel like it's part of the yearly cycle and that my immune system needs it to wake up and keep up with the times.

I'm a little OCD with washing hands though. And that probably helps most of the time.

If I don't get my 6 hours of sleep a night consistently I almost always get sick.

I'm with you on this as well, however, your REALLY lucky if you only get sick every 6-8 years, that's unheard of man.

I get sick once or twice a year, ironically enough, around x-mas time when stress is higher then normal and while I'm not working off for the holidays.

not unheard of for sure.

i used to get sick all the time, to the point of it really having a bad impact on training and life. i was sick many times a year as a kid too.

i have not been like sick sick, more then a sniffle or something in many years 10+ and no antibiotics for much more. this is pretty common with other who put the work into fixing there problems.

health is our personal responsibility

;)

Flu shot, hand washing, never touch my face or mouth, eyes nose nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mt opinion

Yes, stay away from sick people.
Yes, colds come from a virus.
Yes, you get it from someone.

But, you don’t have to get it from someone directly.
You can get it from ‘something.’

The cold virus can also spread as the result of touching
contaminated objects and surfaces.

So . . . for example, you could get ‘it’ from touching a
contaminated surface on an empty bus, left from a
previous contaminated passenger.

I am suspect that we all know this.

Frequent, thorough washing of the hands with hot
soapy water for at least 20 seconds after being in
close proximity or contact with a contaminated person
or surface has been proven to be the most useful.

And while soap does not kill the virus, it removes the
hosting environment.

The scientific evidence is very conflicted regarding
the use of the various supplements that people tout
as preventative measures. Take them if you like . . .
might help can’t hurt is kinda my attitude but for me
personally, I think they are a waste of money so I take
nothing for the common cold (or anything else) and
can’t remember the last time I had a one or was
sick.

I avoid getting ‘rundown.’ Over training at the gym
can and will do that. Mental stress can do that too.
And by being rundown lowers your resistance to colds and
flus and other ‘things.’

Weight training should and will make your body stronger
and healthier, not weaker and full of unwanted side
effects as it seems to be doing to far too many people here.

Flu shot, hand washing, never touch my face or mouth, eyes nose nothing

Never got the flu shot, never will. Bullshit marketing for big pharma.

But if that works for you, then awesome.

I'll never let me kids get the flu shot either until they old enough to make there own informed decisions.

Never got the flu shot, never will. Bullshit marketing for big pharma.

But if that works for you, then awesome.

I'll never let me kids get the flu shot either until they old enough to make there own informed decisions.

Yea I get it every year ever since i got the swine flu one year. Totally understand how people die from that. Fucking brutal that one

Nobody taking flu shots here??

I take mine every year... Never get sick... or very mild symptoms only...

With the exception of last year...

Got a cold during the winter... and another now...

Nobody taking flu shots here??

I take mine every year... Never get sick... or very mild symptoms only...

With the exception of last year...

Got a cold during the winter... and another now...
I've never taken a flu shot before and I've never had the flu.

I know these things are probably completely useless and complete marketing hype but I but a lot of the AirBorne chewables. I eat them like candy and they are loaded in VIT C. Some people swear they help clear up a cold faster but I cant attest to that.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws