over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Your weekly diet

rmtt

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
For all those here that maintain a bodyfat of let's say 10-12% and below year round. How strict do you find that you have to stay with your diet considering your training and cardio stay about the same?

Everyone is different, so give some examples. I have a friend who eats very regimented 6 days a week, and whatever he wants the other day...and he is able to maintain his shape pretty consistantly.

Good question.

What I found was that I am able to grow best while at no more than 10% BF in the offseason. In the past I used to love crap foods but after cleaning up my diet for long enough I lost the taste for crappy foods. I stay on a very regimented diet seven days a week but allow myself two meals of freedom. Nine times out of ten my free meals are relitively clean but the portions are out of control. If I do eat "bad" I enjoy a high quality sirloin burger with some low quality fries:D . It's amazing how when I eat bad foods I'm all excited but when I'm done I always feel like crap and am mad at myself for wasting a meal. Hopefully one day I'll be as regimented as my girl. Probably not;)

Yeah, during his "off day", he doesn't go crazy...but he will have pizza, wings, beer, etc.

I use to work with him, and he would be pretty strict through the week at work, but he said he would take Saturday and Sunday and just do what he felt, whether it was a lot or a little. Nothing planned.

But he always stayed in good shape.

Ive been doing this for the past month and have been getting excellent results, its almost competition diet effective but without the pain.

mon-wed 250g protein 350g carbs mainly boiled chicken and rice
thursday-friday 350g protein 100g carbs mainly red meat and green veg
sat carb load but very clean
sun eat what you want

Its not boring and its do-able. I can do this all year round and grow and cut at the same time. Its going good so far.

When I am not in Precontest mode, but in the offseason eating regiment I eat pretty darn clean with High Quality protein (300g protein), moderate complex carbs (450g carbs), and moderate fat (65-80g fat) with a 24 hour window of whatever I want once per week. Stay pretty full and lean doing this and spikes my metabolism on the 24 hour cheat day!

I can eat whatever the hell I want and stay at 10-12% bf easily. But quality results require quality food!

i do not find it hard at all to keep my bf low year round, once you get down to certain level of leaness (not competition ready) but 6-10% bf and work on keeping it there i find that you can tend to stablize yourself at that level if u hold the condition long enough. It becomes a lifestyle choice

the best way to do it is slowly without sacrificing the quality of ur workouts

I HAVE to write down what I eat daily to know what's really going on, and to stay honest with what I think I'm eating.

So, I record grams of protein, carbs, and fats at each meal, as well as write down what I eat. For example, the last meal I had was:
Pro Carb Fat
Protein shake/2 1/2 oz oatmeal/banana/2 tsp flaxseed oil 55 65 10

I do this for each meal, then add up the grams of protein, carbs, and fat at the end of the day. It also helps for planning because I can see what I've eaten by, say, 4 PM, so I can plan the balance of my eating for the day based on what's already been consumed and what my goals are.

Once I reach my goal weight/bf, then I can usually maintain it by eating clean 6 days and taking one cheat day or meal. After I've been steady on a clean diet for quite a long time, I've been able to take a week off before... say for vacation or travel for work with out gaining. It's when the off turns into a 2 weeks or more long train wreck that gets me in trouble. :eek:

Now that I'm older, it's harder to get the extra bf off. I've decided NO more bulking for me. Keeping it clean is now a life-style for me.

yes as you get older
its harder to get the bodfat off
i eat clean and once a month eat some junk
like pizza
but eat clean 7 days a week

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views