over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

ZacharyKane's March to Jr Nats...and Beyond

Nice back day bro.

Those pictures are awesome with that lighting. Looking stellar.

I think the heaviest I got was 210 after a full day of eating and drinking, lol. I plateaued at 200 for the longest time, I was also off all supplements for most of my offseason. Basically as soon as the weight finally started moving with the assistance of some supplements it was time to start prepping.

Once this competition season is done, I'll take some time off everything again. Let me body recover and get all my numbers looking in range again, then have an actual, assisted offseason and hopefully grow into the light-heavy class for next year.

You said you're hovering in the mid 170's right now. How heavy did you get your last offseason? Your heaviest to date?

Thank you! About the only good thing about lifetime is some great lighting for taking pictures!

Nice back day bro.

Those pictures are awesome with that lighting. Looking stellar.

Arm day yesterday, or "1/2 of a rest day," lol. My bicep and tricep tendons are more than angry with me at this point, so these workouts are usually all about just getting a pump. Which didn't really happen yesterday, but still felt things working at least.

Biceps:
Hoist Dual Curl Machine (Warm Up): 4 sets of 15, I like this machine because it moves with you, so it keeps a lot of tension on the muscles and less on the joints
Seated Barbell Curl/Hammer Curl/Spider Curl Tri-set: 4 rounds of about 10 reps each

Triceps:
Single Arm Overhead Extension (Warm Up): 4 sets of 15
V-Bar Push Down/Reverse Grip Push Down/Dips Tri-Set: Same thing as biceps, 4 rounds of about 10 reps each.

Finished off with 20 minutes of cardio. My cardio entertainment has been watching "Justified," pretty entertaining show! At least as far as my prep brain is concerned, lol.

Saturday was a rest day, and Sunday was chest and shoulders. Sunday's workout went like this:

Pec-dec: 4 sets of 15, did these as a warm up/pre-exhuast
Incline Dumbbell Press/Flat Bench Hex Press/Push ups Tri-Set: 4 rounds of these, aimed for about 10 reps each except for pushups, those were to failure, which two weeks out from a show doesn't take much to hit!

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press: 4 sets of 20, I would do 10 reps with my back against the pad, then turn around and do 10 more reps, just works things a little differently and got a good pump going
Machine Lateral Raises: 4 Sets of 15, first couple sets I would pause and squeeze at the top, ran out of steam real quick though...

Also did pics on Saturday morning, the wife convinced me to put a coat of tanner on first. Didn't really let it sit and darken too much, but it was nice to see a little more definition as opposed to the normal pics. Definitely getting closer to where I want to be in two weeks, but I've already blown my previous best out of the water, and I'm very happy with that!

IMG_1131 copy.jpg
IMG_1126 copy.jpg

Leg Day yesterday, at work I put in over 5 miles and close to 20 flights of stairs so my legs were already pretty fried, so I broke out a routine MT gave me that isn't as taxing on the CNS and just added a little bit of calves and some adductors and abductors.

Abductors: 4 sets of 20
Adductors: 4 sets of 20
Lying Leg Curls: 4 sets of 20
Leg Extensions: 4 sets of 20
Toe Extension Machine: 4 sets of 20 (hate this machine but everything else was in use :mad: )

After leg extensions I was going to do leg press, but it was in use by a girl that looked just like Eleven from 'Stranger Things," and I wasn't about to rush her off on the off chance she would blast me into another dimension... :rolleyes:

Finished out with some posing practice then it was off for a massage. I never realized how an hour long massage could be entirely spent on hip flexors and glutes, or how much it could hurt, but it made a big difference visually and mechanically afterwards. My glutes weren't nearly as bound up afterwards so they were showing a lot more striations than the below pics. The medial heads of my quads are also bound up, so those will be getting worked on next.

IMG_1148.JPG
IMG_1147.JPG
IMG_1175.jpg

Yesterday was a rest day, so I figured I would share a little story from the gym the previous day!

First, I really didn't want to train that day in the first place. I had a crap day at work, had basically put in a 30 hour shift, no sleep, no energy, plus final couple weeks of prep.

Got in, did a quick work out and went down to the locker room and started getting my stuff together. I noticed a guy with a cane looking around, trying to open up a few lockers. Everyone was ignoring him, staff included, so I asked him if I could help him with something. Basically, he forgot what locker he put his stuff in, but could remember the combo (Lifetime switched to these locks were you can enter your own combo, but now without they keys, even I admittedly have trouble sometimes remembering which one of the thousand lockers I put my stuff in...) So I went and grabbed a manager to help the guy out.

As we were waiting, we got to talking a little bit, the guy asked me what show I was doing, which was a big enough compliment in itself. I told him I was a couple weeks out from Jr Nats. He said I looked great, great symmetry, conditioning on point, and he sees me getting after in the gym. I ask him if he used to compete or followed the sport, because even with the cane and being older, the guy has a solid build, and it turns out, he used to live next to Segio Oliva Sr and trained at his gym when he was younger.

So naturally I had a million and a half questions and wanted to know all the stories! Since I'm only a couple weeks out from a show, he told me about how Sergio used to have them practice posing while listening to opera music so they could envision their posing as being grand like the music.

Anyways, my crap day turned around simply by trying to do a good deed for someone, and I also made a new friend and got to hear a couple cool stories. I told him after my show I need to take him out to lunch so we can talk more and hear more about the old school days, and I can't wait to make good on that invite!

Back day yesterday, as well as a photo/video shoot. Small gym in the suburbs of Chicago, but definitely some nice equipment and bodybuilder/powerlifter friendly. I'll try to get some pictures up later that my wife took, my internets where I'm currently at aren't very picture uploading friendly.

Workout went like this:

Neutral Grip Pulldowns: 4 sets of 15
Reverse Facing Neutral Grip Pulldowns: 4 sets of 12 (facing away from the weight stack, I lean back so my head is on the upright piece of steel, so it's kind of like a half row, half pulldown)
Cable Rows: 3 sets of 15
Bent Over Rows W/ Swiss Bar: 2 sets of 10 wide grip, 2 sets of 10 narrow grip (I love doing rows on these, the neutral hand position I feel allows me to feel things working a lot more)
High-Bar Rack Pulls: 4 sets of 8 ( real slow and controlled, rest/pause style)

After that did a few other exercises for the sake of some video and pictures. I'll be excited to see how things turn out. Last year my wife and I paid for a photoshoot after our show, so it was pretty neat to get asked to do one and not have to pay anything, lol.

Keep it up man! Very excited for you... do you live near Chicago or just visiting? I'm in the burbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing Zach. You should be proud of yourself man.

Those hammies are looking awesome man. Good thing you have that separation. I see a lot of middles with little to no legs or tie ins but your back is looking great!!

Lead Monster Labs Rep and Sponsored Athlete
Flex10 for 10% off in notes section when ordering.
Mymonsterlabs.com

Thanks! And I'm up in the north shore area. I travel for work building movie theaters, so I'm up here overseeing renovations on two existing theaters in a mall.

Keep it up man! Very excited for you... do you live near Chicago or just visiting? I'm in the burbs.

Thanks! And I'm up in the north shore area. I travel for work building movie theaters, so I'm up here overseeing renovations on two existing theaters in a mall.

Nice... Hopefully it's the HIP.. that place needed a lot of work. You've got a couple weeks left correct? Always very interested in the last week or so of contest prep, I've heard stories of how rough it is and then I've heard it's not that bad

Thanks flex! Tenny and MT kicked my butt with my leg workouts, all those days of not being able to walk up and down stairs have paid off! lol

Those hammies are looking awesome man. Good thing you have that separation. I see a lot of middles with little to no legs or tie ins but your back is looking great!!

Lead Monster Labs Rep and Sponsored Athlete
Flex10 for 10% off in notes section when ordering.
Mymonsterlabs.com

It's the old regal cinemas in the Old Orchard Mall in Skokie, been kind of a nightmare so far, lol. We were supposed to be done next month, but we don't even have drawings yet, so been a lot of 'hurry up and wait.

And if you have any questions I'd be more than happy to answer them for you!

Nice... Hopefully it's the HIP.. that place needed a lot of work. You've got a couple weeks left correct? Always very interested in the last week or so of contest prep, I've heard stories of how rough it is and then I've heard it's not that bad

Legs this morning, and last leg workout before Junior Nats! Just focused on getting some blood in the muscles, and after I was warmed up did a solid minute of stretching in between each set just to try to really loosen things up and break up some adhesions. That's the big goal for the week, just try to get all the adhesions and whatnot broken up, get the muscles looking nice and full, and relax as much as possible.

Workout today looked like this!

Seated Leg Curls: 4 sets of 20
Seated Stretcher Leg Curls: 2 sets of 15
Hoist Leg Extensions: 5 sets of 15
Abductors/adductors: 3 sets of 20
Glute Kickbacks: 3 sets of 15

Also, here are some pics from this morning. Had a cheat meal last night and woke up a point lighter. I added in the vasodry professional product last night. Seemed to be pretty effective for me, even after just one application, it was literally like my body was just crying out water.

IMG_1312.JPG

IMG_1311.JPG

IMG_1310 2.JPG

IMG_1308 2.JPG

Your shape is perfect. But why not fix that gyno?
It is not much but at my Country we are not allowed to compete with that. if They only think they see gyno they will never give us a number at the registration table...

Not trying to be a Dick :eek:.

No offense taken. I've had a bit of gyno since puberty, and have always wanted to get it removed. Just financially it was never an option until now, even despite complaining about it being painful since I was a teenager, doctors just told me it was 'fat.' :banghead:

After this competition season though I plan on getting it removed, just have to pay out of pocket for it :rolleyes:

Your shape is perfect. But why not fix that gyno?
It is not much but at my Country we are not allowed to compete with that. if They only think they see gyno they will never give us a number at the registration table...

Not trying to be a Dick :eek:.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner