over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Zero Calorie Sweetener Linked To Heart Attack & Stroke

Bio

Staff member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Always bloated the hell out of me

Easy pass in my case

Interesting. I used to put them in my coffee but switched to energy drinks out of preference. I will put stevia in my egg whites I heard that is the most natural. I'm no expert but I think some protein bars and halo top are loaded with the one you mentioned.

If you look into who funded it (companies who sell sugar), the fact they used "normal" ppl with existing issues and the fact MSM is pushing it...I don't think it's much to be concerned about for ppl who train consistently and follow a diet.

The obese crowd however who chooses to not exercise and just use these should be concerned imo.

I'm always skeptical also about who funded it and the people involved in the studies , but I feel like blood clotting is nothing to fuck with as it happens to pretty much anyone . It's a shame because I use a lot of artificial sweeteners, mostly stevia . Erythritol is in a couple of my guilty pleasure protein bars I eat once in a while

BTW, from the full text:

"Because patients in our observational cohorts were recruited at quaternary referral centers and show a high prevalence of CVD and traditional risk factors, the translatability of our findings to the general population needs to be determined."

Interesting. I used to put them in my coffee but switched to energy drinks out of preference. I will put stevia in my egg whites I heard that is the most natural. I'm no expert but I think some protein bars and halo top are loaded with the one you mentioned.
[/QULola!

Stevia is pretty safe as long as you don't have ragweed allergies. They're close so histamine can rise high.

It's the erythritol that causes the problems which is in Stevia and others.

I been using Stevia for a while after giving up Sweet N Low that I had used for years before...no issues with Stevia.

A study found that erythritol is linked to blood clotting, stroke, heart attack and death. A topic like this is important to everyone, especially those of us involved in this lifestyle!

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/27/health/zero-calorie-sweetener-heart-attack-stroke-wellness/index.html
Erythritol (or any of the ones ending on “ol” for that matter) give me the shits.

I stick to pure stevia, sucralose, aspartame etc and digestion is top tier. Those sugar alcohols fuck me up though.

Erythritol (or any of the ones ending on “ol” for that matter) give me the shits.

I stick to pure stevia, sucralose, aspartame etc and digestion is top tier. Those sugar alcohols fuck me up though.
Sorbitol and maltitol were the really awful ones in regards to stomach upset. And they even had about 2.5 cals per gram.

I stopped purposely using any fake sweetener after I read that aspartame was waste product from E. coli. No joke aspartame is actually E. coli shit. Hard to avoid if you use supplements especially whey protein it all has it in it.

Stevia could be the worst tasting f'in garbage sweetner I've ever tried lol, I'd rather have my coffee black. That being said, I'm a Splenda person...luckily doesn't contain erythritol.

Sorbitol and maltitol were the really awful ones in regards to stomach upset. And they even had about 2.5 cals per gram.
A lot of chewing gum has either of those...while they don't really bother me it does pose a concern.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear