over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Zinc

makaveli25

Registered
Is there a point to taking a pure zinc supplement. I was going through my old drwayer of supplements and noticed I had this. Any use is should I bin it?

It's an essential mineral, very good for immune support and lowering SHBG which will increase free testosterone. You can achieve adequate levels through diet but as with any essential mineral or micronutrient you will find deficiencies within certain populations due to malnutrition, environmental factors, stress levels, etc. As with just about any supplement, a quick search will provide various information making such supplement appear godsend or a complete waste of money. The form of zinc, as with all minerals, designates the actual percent of the mineral absorbed and utilized by the body.

If choosing to supplemet with zinc, be sure to include copper; 1 mg of copper if supplementing with 30 mg of zinc. Add 1 mg of copper for every 10 mg over 30 mg of zinc (e.g. 2 mg Cu /40 m Zn or 3 mg Cu/50 mg Zn).

I have cut down on my zinc intake from what it was at one time due to not getting to much copper from being ingested. Like most things to much is not a good thing. and when I look at what excess copper does I take as little as I can.

I use 50mg daily plus whatever else I get from food and my multi

It's an essential mineral, very good for immune support and lowering SHBG which will increase free testosterone. You can achieve adequate levels through diet but as with any essential mineral or micronutrient you will find deficiencies within certain populations due to malnutrition, environmental factors, stress levels, etc. As with just about any supplement, a quick search will provide various information making such supplement appear godsend or a complete waste of money. The form of zinc, as with all minerals, designates the actual percent of the mineral absorbed and utilized by the body.

If choosing to supplemet with zinc, be sure to include copper; 1 mg of copper if supplementing with 30 mg of zinc. Add 1 mg of copper for every 10 mg over 30 mg of zinc (e.g. 2 mg Cu /40 m Zn or 3 mg Cu/50 mg Zn).

Very good post , you can to zinc 300mg selenium , it will helping your thyroid control ,:)

BTW copper you can find with most of products which we eat :( so be carful with supplementation copper

One more thing about SHBG and free testosterone , zinc + selenium + vit D3 + syberian ginseng is the best thing after cycle, natural rise yout free tesosterone level and low SHGB your recovery time will be shorter :)

Z.

Very good post , you can to zinc 300mg selenium , it will helping your thyroid control ,:)

BTW copper you can find with most of products which we eat :( so be carful with supplementation copper

One more thing about SHBG and free testosterone , zinc + selenium + vit D3 + syberian ginseng is the best thing after cycle, natural rise yout free tesosterone level and low SHGB your recovery time will be shorter :)

Z.

What dosages would you suggest for zinc, selenium and syberian ginseng as PCT?

lowe SHBG = more Free testosterone, TRUE but also More Free Estradiol

Lots of benefits man helps with sleep and it helps with prostate care. I take it every night.

Is this accurate info?

No, that is too general of a statement. Possibly, but as usual, it depends. Aromatisation is not completely black and white.

There are other things to consider here. Aromatase activity tends to increase with age, also, excessive adipose/fat tissue, particularly within the abdomen in males increases aromatase enzyme levels. A faulty liver is also very detrimental when considering elevated SHBG, low testosterone due to accelerated aromatisation, and the related.

Excess aromatase, even when SHBG is within range can result in elevated estradiol with accompanying low testosterone. However, overtime, estradiol in excess will eventually increase SHBG via synthesis in the liver.

Excess bioavailable testosterone also converts into, Dihydrotestosterone "DHT" through a completely different mechanism, 5 alpha-reductase, which then cannot aromatise into estradiol. Elevated DHT has been shown to contribute to both Benign Prostatic Hperplasia and Male Pattern Baldness. I mention DHT because it acts as almost a double edged sword; in males, it also plays a key role in sexual characteristics/developmemt, libido, erectile function, CNS stimulation, and possesses potential anti-estrogenic efficts. In relation to SHBG, DHT posses a much higher affinity rate when compared to testosterone, so, completely smashing your SHBG level down to zero is not what we're after. Therapeutic levels, as with everything in discussion, are required for optimal health.

Staying focused on the topic of the thread, zinc supplementation and lowered aromatase activity has been addressed in previous studies with varying success. Chrysin supplementation is also recommended to some for the same desired result.

Last edited:
What dosages would you suggest for zinc, selenium and syberian ginseng as PCT?

Remember one thing you will not replace orginal PCT after long hard cycle using zinc, selenium syberian ginseng , it is only addition which helping you with fast recover , and trust me this method relly help :) , dosage depend for many factors , hard to say if i don't know your history and blood test , but if you want starting control treatments after cycle 50mg zinc , 300mg selenium , but you can use it in teh same time , so 300mg Se on the morning between meals and 50mg zinc before sleep

Z.

Is this accurate info?

This is why zinc is mixed with selenium , because selenium is a natural antiestrogen and heling you with reduced E2 , but if you E2 is rally high you can add another natural antiestrogens like - resveratrol, CLA, omega 3 and low omega 6 very good combination

Z.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner