over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

zyrtec - anithistamine

bd868484

Registered
I prepping for a show 4.5 weeks out and I developing a cold so I took a zyrtec and it really dried me out. I woke up one morning and I was dry as hell.

I don't understand how that could happen as antihistamines just stop your body from reacting to histamines. They don't actually dry up a runny nose, they just stop your body from reacting from what you are allergic to.

Besides if you are developing a cold and antihistamine wouldn't do anything to help because they react to allergies. Colds are spread by viruses.

Has anyone got a trial copy of LinkTitan?

My buddy told me about it and says it's in pre-release right now and that is how he got ahold of it. Really similar to SENuke for web2.0... **broken link removed**.
I couldn't find their contact link... sorry if this is a little off topic, I'm new!

-Conrad

I've been taking Zyrtec for years, and yes, they do dry you out over time. When it does my doctor told me to stop for awhile. He also said only take it if your nose is running.

Now when I say dry me out I mean it seems to pull the water from under my skin. Could be the diet finally kicked in but just seeing what thoughts others had.

I have been on it for 3-4 years and never noticed it. But then again everyone reacts different.

Ok, I was refering to drying out in the nose and head to the point where it causes a headache. I never noticed it in other parts of the body.

You may have been retaining water from histamine

You may have been retaining water from histamine. Now that you got it under control with Zyrtec, you eliminated that water....................................................Histamine causes water retention leading to bloating and abdominal swelling. If you have ever been stung by an insect or developed an itchy red lump after a mosquito bite, you will be familiar with the effects of histamine. Histamine widens the joins between the cells which line your smallest blood vessels, known as your capillaries. This makes them leak both water and protein into your “tissue spaces” – the area surrounding the cells of tissues such as flesh, organs and intestines. If the protein cannot be removed from your tissue spaces, it will stay there, attracting water.

Poor digestion and taking antibiotics can cause changes in your intestines which lead to a lot of histamine being produced in this area. Sometimes eating yoghurt and probiotics can help to reduce this problem, but if it has been going on for some time these measures may not be effective on their own.

Many drugs have an anti-cholinergic effect, meaning they dry out secretions, cause dry mouth, constipation, etc.

Look it up in a drug guide like the Davis Drug Guide for nurses...

Thats why it is sometimes contraindicated in elderly due to side effects of constipation, etc. Antidepressants can also have an anti-cholinergic effect...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131