over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T Changing Car audio speaker

bananas007

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I am looking into buying a new car. (subaru). I like the car however the audio (sound) is garbage. My smartphone on speaker mode sounds better.

How much would I have to spend to change the sound quality? I assume all I need to do is buy new speakers. Is my assumption correct?

Also should I be concerned about "voiding" warranties if I go ahead and do that?

Speakers are so affordable now. Hell you can go to Walmart and get a half way decent system. They carry Pioneer Kicker Kenwood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When it comes to cheap audio just to replace factory speakers, you could use rockford or memphis. Better brands such as JBL and Skar. Then there is even better such as FU audio and Crescendo. Looking at 30-80$ for a set with most of these brands.

Upgrade the factory radio to make a big difference, get an amp for an even bigger difference.

Last edited:
When it comes to cheap audio just to replace factory speakers, you could use rockford or memphis. Better brands such as JBL and Skar. Then there is even better such as FU audio and Crescendo. Looking at 30-80$ for a set with most of these brands.

Upgrade the factory radio to make a big difference, get an amp for an even bigger difference.

So basically I buy some speakers, an Amp and tell best buy or walmart ot install it?

how much do they charge for installation do oyu know

So basically I buy some speakers, an Amp and tell best buy or walmart ot install it?

how much do they charge for installation do oyu know
Walmart won't and can't do installs...Best Buys that do are over priced... Go online and google Crutchfield car audio...Get everything you want pretty cheap...Your deck is the main reason why it sounds like crap...The speakers are next,buy online save big $...Than google car audio in your area,call around on installs can get it decent $ if find a good place...Sorry long post but your best bet,pm if you have questions... I had 2017 Chevy Silverado 4 door with custom everything in system pushing 2 15inch subs...Can literally blow my back window out if turned up...Did all myself,been doing that crap since I was 13 very easy...

OMNI-LABS SPONSORED ATHLETE ©[email protected]®THE REAPER

Walmart won't and can't do installs...Best Buys that do are over priced... Go online and google Crutchfield car audio...Get everything you want pretty cheap...Your deck is the main reason why it sounds like crap...The speakers are next,buy online save big $...Than google car audio in your area,call around on installs can get it decent $ if find a good place...Sorry long post but your best bet,pm if you have questions... I had 2017 Chevy Silverado 4 door with custom everything in system pushing 2 15inch subs...Can literally blow my back window out if turned up...Did all myself,been doing that crap since I was 13 very easy...

OMNI-LABS SPONSORED ATHLETE [emoji767][email protected][emoji768]THE REAPER

Everything here is spot on, car audio isn't hard. Didn't take me long to learn how to do dual batteries, touch screen radio, high output alt, 4 12" subs, 8 speakers, 4 tweeters and 4 amps.

Check amazon for good prices, don't let car audio shops upcharge you alot. If you decide to buy from a shop.

Installation for a new radio, 4 speakers, and an amp is normally 100-300$

Last edited:
Be sure to get a decent subwoofer too with its own amp.

I'll recommend checking the parts you need to change the radio first a lot of these new cars have the radio integrated with the ac controls and also require special harness just to replace the radio. It may run well over 100 just on parts alone

Sent from my SM-G930T using Professional Muscle mobile app

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members