over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

chicken ideas

mpiller

Registered
So I am really beginning to get my diet in check now but I am also doing it on a budget so it consists of a lot of chicken and rice. But for now I am eating 600grams or 1.32lbs of chicken breast per day. Its cheap, high in protein, and I can make it out ahead of time.

But I know if I don't find ways to mix it up I'll get tired of this sooner or later.
So I am just looking for everyones favorite way to cook chicken, and if they cook enough for multiple days at a time, and how it tastes warmed up again?

Lately I just bake about 3-4 days worth ahead of time with some seasoning on it which isnt bad, but a bit bland and somewhat dry when reheated. At the moment I don't have a grill. But I can use the oven, frying pan, or slow cooker.

Been thinking about using to slow cooker to make sort of a shredded chicken for tacos with some good seasoning. It's just that usually other ways of cooking besides baking add more calories from fat or carbs, right now my 600 grams of chicken per day is 990 kcal, 21.4g fat, 0g carbs, and 186g protein. So if it has more carbs or fat thats fine, but I'd like to get at least 180grams of protein from my chicken and under 1300 calories, so I do have a bit of wiggle room.

All input is appreciated!

If you dont mind some extra fat and a few carbs try velveting. It what they do in many asian dishes. Slice thin and cut to quarter size pieces. Dredge in corn starch. Pan fry in olive or covonut oil. Toss in your favorite sauce and veggies if you wish. You. An also try Cavenders greek seasoning. Season and let marinate in the fridge for 24 hours. Bake as you normally would. Also the qualitu of chicken is key. Don get the crap in the 2.5 and 3# bags by natural from
The meat counter or stuff from Sams club back in the meat section, not frozen. Big difference.

hmm is that how they do general tso's chicken? I could eat that every day I love that stuff so much... I'll look for some recipes on that.

I do have good teriyaki marinade that sometimes I'll cut the chicken up into cubes, put them into a bowl with the marinade and let sit overnight then when I cook them in the pan just use the extra marinade from the bowl and it turns out great. Just need to figure out the extra calories/macros that adds to it and upscale it.

For that would I just add the calories/macros from the marinade to the chicken or does it somehow change once it gets cooked? Sorry if thats a dumb question

hmm is that how they do general tso's chicken? I could eat that every day I love that stuff so much... I'll look for some recipes on that.

I do have good teriyaki marinade that sometimes I'll cut the chicken up into cubes, put them into a bowl with the marinade and let sit overnight then when I cook them in the pan just use the extra marinade from the bowl and it turns out great. Just need to figure out the extra calories/macros that adds to it and upscale it.

For that would I just add the calories/macros from the marinade to the chicken or does it somehow change once it gets cooked? Sorry if thats a dumb question

Tso's is my favorite as well! Here is a homemade recipe. I just make the sauce an omitt the msg and sub the sugar with stevia and honey. Add to cooked chicken and pan fry a little longer to get that glaze. I also sub some of the water for rice vinegar. Adding sesame seeds is also good.

General Tsao's Chicken Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Oh man I am going to have to try that soon, do you still deep fry the chicken then add the sauce and fry in a pan?

Oh man I am going to have to try that soon, do you still deep fry the chicken then add the sauce and fry in a pan?

No, just pan fry in just enough oil to coat the pan an cook the chicken. Plate the chicken and pat off excess oil with a paper towel. Drain excess oil from the pan as well. Return chicken and sauce to pan an fry on medium low for a minute or two to get that glaze.

I like preparing mine in the slow cooker. Retains more moisture than baking.

Ok I'll definitely try the general tso's chicken soon.

And ya I was thinking about next time doing a shredded chicken recipe in the slow cooker, I found a recipe using rotel that will work well on my workout days so I'll see how that goes next week.

Thanks for the ideas guys

I bbq my chicken for several days at a time. Using different seasonings is were its at bro! One that i really like is called kicken chicken made by webber

I just throw mine on the George foreman with what ever seasoning I like, but I always pound it first,sometimes I cut into cubes and pan cook with some coconut oil then mix with rice and veggies,i just keep it simple

Peanut butter on chicken is awesome! There are a few good recipes out there with PB.

Thanks for the ideas guys. Gonna attempt to do some of the general tso's chicken for my workout days so I'll let yall know how that goes. Gonna mix in some beef too, but just as I'm getting into the new diet it's easier to cook a bunch of one thing at once

Velvet the beef as well.

Peanut butter on chicken is awesome! There are a few good recipes out there with PB.

PB, soy, crushed red pepper and water. Microwave for 30 seconds maybe depending on your microwave.

DRY RUB! Seriously.

I throw all my chicken in a tupperware, generously coat with pre made dry rubs, let sit for 24 hours then throw it in the oven.

The rub should be pretty salty just so it pulls enough water off the surface layer so when you cook, it creates a seal and keeps more moist.

My fav is honey chicken with chilli flakes. You can grill or fry your chicken however you want. Either add the honey into the pan or simply squeeze it on top of the chicken.

Another one is frying chicken in oil. Add in whatever you like... seasonal vegetables. You can use a veg pack especially for stir frys if you please. The key ingredient is toasted sesame oil... wow! I like to add alittle lemon juice too and lightly season at the end. All very simple but makes a huge difference.

Crock pot. Put 3 or 4 frozen chicken breasts in with a can of dices tomatos, chopped onion and one can of chicken broth, cook on low for 8 hours. I usually do right before bed and wake up the next morning to 3 or 4 meal prepared. Too easy and the chicken obviously doesn't dry out. You can put whatever you want in it. Peppers, spinach, potatoes, etc. But dont' do rice!!!! LOL, mushy as shit.

Crock pot. Put 3 or 4 frozen chicken breasts in with a can of dices tomatos, chopped onion and one can of chicken broth, cook on low for 8 hours. I usually do right before bed and wake up the next morning to 3 or 4 meal prepared. Too easy and the chicken obviously doesn't dry out. You can put whatever you want in it. Peppers, spinach, potatoes, etc. But dont' do rice!!!! LOL, mushy as shit.

I am going to try that

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner