over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Strength gain and muscle gain?

minioak

Registered
Not to sure on the answer to this so its why im asking to see if there exists a difinate answer or is it a bit of an impossible q

When we get stronger does this automatically men we grow more muscle as the result or can we get stronger with no new tissue gained, for someone to slowly get stronger does this mean new muscle is being added as the result or not always the case, and can someone still get stronger up to a point even at a set bodyweight with no weight gain, or is it still only possibly with a calorie surpluss and muscle gain is only poss when the body is anabolic?

Cheers

Not to sure on the answer to this so its why im asking to see if there exists a difinate answer or is it a bit of an impossible q

When we get stronger does this automatically men we grow more muscle as the result or can we get stronger with no new tissue gained, for someone to slowly get stronger does this mean new muscle is being added as the result or not always the case, and can someone still get stronger up to a point even at a set bodyweight with no weight gain, or is it still only possibly with a calorie surpluss and muscle gain is only poss when the body is anabolic?

Cheers

There are differences between strength & muscle growth. You can increase/decrease strength & endurance at your current muscle weight. However a change in muscle size such as gaining more muscle will also lead to the ability for further increases in strength.

whats amp?
Not sure i follow tbh, so by getting stronger either whilst maintaning weight or more importantly when gaining weight new muscle is made as the result of the strength gain?
Or could someone just get stronger by gaining just fat alone with no muscle

GREAT QUESTIONS MINIOAK

I LOVE reading about stuff like this . . . but there is no cut and dry answer. Watching the debates is always fun though.

If what I've read in various sources is true, it seems that if you were to only train in very low rep schemes for all lifts, you can get stronger without putting on much mass - these are largely CNS strength gains, not muscle strength gains. This would be especially true if you've already been lifting for a very long time and are past your beginner gains. It's the strength gains you'd make in higher rep ranges to stimulate more muscle - whatever rep range that is, who knows . . . heavy set of 12? a set of 20? - that really make the muscles grow best.

Not passing this off as fact, just parroting my interpretation of stuff I have read.

I trained with a national champion powerlifter. His hard sets were singles, doubles and triples. He trained like this all year and his quads and glutes were huge. I guess to each his own.

So more spec then in a rep range of 6+ up to say 15 and strength increases new muscle has to be made.....fact? or could a person get stronger with simply fat gain alone?
We know fat does help a person be stronger but could just gaining more and more fat without new muscle growth be enough for continued strangth gains?

:spam:

Yes we know below 6 mainly for strength hence why most powerlifters dont have bigger attrophied muscles as the rep range is lower
Still no real answer to my last post, getting stronger in a higher rep range means new muscle has to be grown or one could keep getting stronger with just adding bodyfat, is this possible?

I was reading this thread and wanted to add my two cents because this issue has confused me for years. I worked out for a long time around certain individuals who would only do body weight workouts. All push-ups, pull-ups, and body squats. These dudes never touched a weight and as far as "knowing" how to eat they didn't have a clue. Some of them if I recall didn't even eat meat. Well the weird thing is that some of these dudes were huge! I was literally watching them grow off of push-ups. Well one day one of them came up to me and my dudes while we were benching and asked if he could try a set, we said sure, we had about 280 on there. This dude had a big bubble chest and probably 19" arms and the 280 that we all did for reps he couldn't even get it off his chest for one rep, and his chest was definitely bigger than anyone of ours. This is just one example of things like this i've seen but it used to blow my mind.
So I don't think muscle size and muscle strength are necessarily relative to eachother. I'ev always said that some dudes have strength genetics and some have size genetics. A lucky few probably have both.

Good observation but it still leaves the last point in my above post unanswered.
i train for muscle size and strength is less important, i am light for my height and size and not strong for my size but my actual muscles are a reasonable size and are bigger than some who are much heavier bigger and stronger than me.
i think realistically that if someone is continuing to get stronger and gaining weight then some new muscle growth has to be made, i dont think just gaining fat can enable a person to keep getting stronger with no new muscle growth, fat needs to be gained to gain muscle but i dont think a natural can keep gaining weight keep getting stronger with just fat gain.

ok put it like this ever see a small guy benching 400 for reps and squatting 500x20? :) yes strength gains can be mostly neural but if you feed the growth the body will supercompensate with muscle . Even if you are doing volume what is going to keep your progressive? how many sets can you do with the same weight week in week out without stalling 12? 50? 100? you add weight to the bar and see more size so going from 10x10 with 225lb for bench to 10x10 with 250lbs is going to make you grow.

ok put it like this ever see a small guy benching 400 for reps and squatting 500x20? :) yes strength gains can be mostly neural but if you feed the growth the body will supercompensate with muscle . Even if you are doing volume what is going to keep your progressive? how many sets can you do with the same weight week in week out without stalling 12? 50? 100? you add weight to the bar and see more size so going from 10x10 with 225lb for bench to 10x10 with 250lbs is going to make you grow.

Agreed bro

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity