over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Uroslic Acid - Apple Peel

Viking55

Registered
Aloha brutha's,

An apple a day doesn't only keep the doctor away, it could increase your muscle mass, and brown fat stores.

v

don’t peel off the skin!

By Nicole Cutler, L.Ac.

For both beauty and health reasons, the majority of us aspire to be fit and slim. Currently, no safe drug exists to help transform someone into a healthy, lean individual. Thus, we are continually seeking natural, safe substances capable of cleaving excessive fat off our bodies – and our internal organs. Recently, a study from the University of Iowa has reported that something as common as an apple peel could contribute to obesity reduction and a decrease in fatty liver disease.

Due to widespread health education efforts, we perceive the cardiovascular system as the primary benefactor of losing excessive body fat. A reduced risk of atherosclerosis, lowered blood pressure and a reduction in coronary artery disease risk are tremendous advantages to becoming fit; however, a trim liver is also a major motivation for losing excessive weight.

About a Fatty Liver
An estimated 15 million Americans have a fatty liver due to alcohol use or abuse, while about one quarter of the adult population has non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Both types of fatty liver disease are potentially serious problems. While some amount of fat in the liver is okay, more than 10 percent is indicative of a fatty liver. If not detected early and managed diligently, fatty liver disease can progress to cirrhosis, liver cancer and liver failure.

Even though it often coincides with obesity, high cholesterol, diabetes or insulin resistance (pre-diabetes), non-alcoholic fatty liver disease does not have a singular, known etiology. There is currently no specific treatment for fatty liver disease, but alcohol abstinence and moderate weight loss through diet and exercise have been shown to be the most effective ways to protect against and even reverse this liver disease.

Apple Peel Research
Because obesity and its associated problems (like diabetes and fatty liver disease) are increasingly common, University of Iowa researchers looked to produce for a solution. They found that a natural substance found in apple peel, ursolic acid, partially protects mice from obesity, pre-diabetes and fatty liver disease.

In the study led by Christopher Adams, researchers found that ursolic acid increased muscle and brown fat in mice. Brown fat is a type of fat usually abundant in newborns that helps retain body heat by burning calories. As people age, the body becomes more adept at regulating temperature, so brown fat stores shrink and white fat starts to emerge. Since leaner people tend to have more brown fat deposits than overweight or obese individuals, some scientists believe that activating brown fat could be helpful for weight loss. However, those with the most active brown fat are not necessarily healthy, as those with certain types of cancer and hyperthyroidism appear to be in this category. Nonetheless, a great deal of focus is being directed at the role brown fat deposits have in lean individuals.

In the Iowa study, the researchers studied mice likely to develop obesity, diabetes and fatty liver disease:

• They put the mice on a high-fat diet, with half of the animals receiving ursolic acid with their food.

• The mice given ursolic acid actually ate more than those not getting the supplement, and both groups had the same amount of activity.

• The mice eating ursolic acid gained less weight and their blood sugar levels remained normal.

• Ursolic acid boosted the animals’ skeletal muscle, increased their strength and endurance and resulted in higher levels of brown fat.

• Ursolic acid-treated mice failed to develop obesity-related fatty liver disease.

Due to its capacity to protect against the development or advancement of fatty liver disease, ursolic acid in apple peel will soon be evaluated in people. Besides the peels of apples, ursolic acid can also be found in cranberries, prunes, lavender, basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme.

Munching on fruit to help achieve a lean body sounds like a good idea, but this study moves apples up to the top of a liver-friendly shopping list. There is still a long way to go before advising people to eat several apples (including their skin) each day to protect against non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. However, the idea that ursolic acid could increase muscle and brown fat makes it the perfect snack in any healthful weight loss program.

This sounds great and I hope that its true as I try to eat at least one apple a day. Hopefully the pectin is helping with cholesterol levels as well.

I actually got some apples today. Ate one at the end of my recarb meal and was shocked by how good an apetite supresant it was. Wish I'd known this when I was cutting on tren

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Truenutrition sells Ursolic Acid, its a great product.

Compound 20 By USPlabs is a much more potent form of Ursolic Acid and was developed waybefore Patrick Arnold started producing his product.

Compound 20 By USPlabs is a much more potent form of Ursolic Acid and was developed waybefore Patrick Arnold started producing his product.

Totally false on all counts. More importantly, compound 20 is not a UA product at all.

See here: http://usplabsdirect.com/forum/topic/9636-ursolic-acid/

Transdermal UA blows C20 out of the water. It's an unproven extract imo. Pat Arnold doesn't make or sell bs products. However, his ursolic acid product in capsule form, ursabolic, is underdosed and requires tons of caps. Not economical. Transdermal is the way to go and where he is taking all his UA based products.

Last edited:
Ive used pats UR spray and pump spray. Both work amazing.

I remember when ursobolic came out, I was talking over 20 caps a day lol

Totally false on all counts. More importantly, compound 20 is not a UA product at all.

See here: http://usplabsdirect.com/forum/topic/9636-ursolic-acid/

Transdermal UA blows C20 out of the water. It's an unproven extract imo. Pat Arnold doesn't make or sell bs products. However, his ursolic acid product in capsule form, ursabolic, is underdosed and requires tons of caps. Not economical. Transdermal is the way to go and where he is taking all his UA based products.

On point!

UA spray is awesome, amazing product.

Ive used pats UR spray and pump spray. Both work amazing.

I remember when ursobolic came out, I was talking over 20 caps a day lol

What's up with all this spam?

Any one tried TNs ursolic acid? How much did you need take for results?

Symplocos Racemosa Extract is standardized for triterpenoids. In this case, they are ursolic acid, oleanic acid, and betulinic acid. They aren't calling this a Ursolic Acid product because it has more than just Ursolic Acid. And im sorry Pat Arnold hasn't made any good products as of recent. No brick and mortar stores even carry his lines anymore. I would know this since my products are in every single shop on the east coast.

Pat Arnold (the godfather) has a company making a fantastic transdermal UA product. This is the only way to take it, IMO, as oral bioavailability is low.

Prototype Nutrition

What have your results been with this, Snake Eyes? I'm thinking of trying the spray but it seems like a pain in the ass. But if you think it works well, that may be the push i need to try it....thanks

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws