Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Look what I found bros:

**broken link removed**

And more here:

Coconut a Fat Burner?
July 6, 2011 12:49 AM
By George Redmon, Ph.D., N.D.
Despite the proclamations that coconut oil is a saturated fat that’s bad for you, coconut oil is a bona fide fat burner. The reason is that it’s rich in medium-chain triglycerides. Most vegetable oils are made up of long-chain fatty acids that are stored as bodyfat. Medium-chain triglycerides aren’t stored and are burned almost immediately as fuel. They require little digestion and are quickly absorbed by the body, which also heightens the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins—A, D, E and K—and many minerals, especially calcium and magnesium.

In addition, coconut oil curbs the appetite, and because it contains a lot of lauric acid, it speeds up the body’s thermogenic rate—that is, how fast you burn calories. Lauric acid is responsible for many of coconut oil’s benefits. The most abundant source of lauric acid besides coconut oil is breast milk, with which it shares health-giving properties.

There is also evidence that coconut oil can accelerate fat-burning activities by stimulating the thyroid gland, which controls all of the body’s metabolic activities. Current data suggest that coconut oil raises the body’s basal metabolic rate, which is how well you burn calories at rest, while improving overall metabolism. The bottom line here is that when you take medium-chain triglycerides instead of long-chain triglycerides, you turn into a fat-burning machine and store a lot less fat.

Coconut oil has fewer calories than most other fats and oils. So you don’t have to use as much oil as you would when cooking with other oils.

Source: Iron Man Magazine | www.ironmanmagazine.com

great post.....ive been using it for months as a cooking oil

quality stuff been using it off and on for couple of yrs, as its a pure sat fat (good for T) and more unlikly to be stored as bodyfat and used as an immediate energy source do to the amount of carbons in its structure, real melted in oats, rice, quinoa, on veg anything really

I know John loves it. I have never even tried Coconut Oil.

Look what I found bros:

**broken link removed**

And more here:

Coconut a Fat Burner?
July 6, 2011 12:49 AM
By George Redmon, Ph.D., N.D.
Despite the proclamations that coconut oil is a saturated fat that’s bad for you, coconut oil is a bona fide fat burner. The reason is that it’s rich in medium-chain triglycerides. Most vegetable oils are made up of long-chain fatty acids that are stored as bodyfat. Medium-chain triglycerides aren’t stored and are burned almost immediately as fuel. They require little digestion and are quickly absorbed by the body, which also heightens the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins—A, D, E and K—and many minerals, especially calcium and magnesium.

In addition, coconut oil curbs the appetite, and because it contains a lot of lauric acid, it speeds up the body’s thermogenic rate—that is, how fast you burn calories. Lauric acid is responsible for many of coconut oil’s benefits. The most abundant source of lauric acid besides coconut oil is breast milk, with which it shares health-giving properties.

There is also evidence that coconut oil can accelerate fat-burning activities by stimulating the thyroid gland, which controls all of the body’s metabolic activities. Current data suggest that coconut oil raises the body’s basal metabolic rate, which is how well you burn calories at rest, while improving overall metabolism. The bottom line here is that when you take medium-chain triglycerides instead of long-chain triglycerides, you turn into a fat-burning machine and store a lot less fat.

Coconut oil has fewer calories than most other fats and oils. So you don’t have to use as much oil as you would when cooking with other oils.

Source: Iron Man Magazine | www.ironmanmagazine.com

I would like to know how it compares it EVOO in regards to fatloss.

It makes EVOO look like salad dressing.

Seriously though, the MCT in coconut oil actually induces fat loss. EVOO is an oil that is essentially healthy, and non-impactful - meaning it's not a "bad" fat. But MCT in coconut oil will actually switch on your body's fat burning mechanisms.

A still think taking it up a notch and using actual MCT oil is the better bet though unless you needed more saturated fat anyways.

I would have to disagree. First of all, EVOO is not considered an EFA. You are correct it's very healthy, but it NOT a must have an essential fat and neither is Coconut Oil.

PHIL has been preaching about this stuff for awhile..really good stuff

Well

John is a huge fan of virgin coconut oil too. I just spoon it with a meal. After reading some of John Meadow's articles, I decided to give it a try.

I can't speak for other, since I just bought some today while shopping at Whole Foods. I plan on taking a tablespoon or two a day.

Coconut is so widely used in the Caribbean, from the husk, the jelly, the water and the oil. So very fortunate to have access to cold pressed virgin coconut oil here which I use it in all my food prep. It has a high aroma to it but you get used to it. It is also great for skin tone to rub on for those prepping for that photo shoot or bodybuilding comp. Babies get massaged in that after a bath and taken in the morning sun, a sure way to give your kids good healthy skin .. My folks sure know what they were doing .. lol I cant stand anything oily on my skin so good thing I didnt kick and scream as a baby having that oil on my skin. YUK !

When I lived in England, I always took a bottle or two with me and then it will end up solidifying into this huge white mass. lol Made it kinda tricky to dig out but in that way it never did leak :)

Ivanko,

How long how you been using the coconut oil? Can you truly tell a difference between it vs other oils?

Ivanko,

How long how you been using the coconut oil? Can you truly tell a difference between it vs other oils?

About half a year. Before that I was into macadamia and safflower oils, which i still use occasionally. But when I first started using it I noticed it kept me fuller, which is great.. using it in a prework out meal I can tell I have more energy. Besides that, you know when you just "feel" that a food is better for you? That's kinda how I feel with it.. but you can take that for what it's worth.

Do you guys actaully fry with it as well?

How is the heat temprature?

Can I cook veal or chicken cutlets with it?

Chip

Very high burning point. Great for deep frying and pan frying, Also try Macadamia nut oil.

Ak

i do all my cooking in it. Have a tbsp in my shakes pre and post workout. About 3-4 tbsp a day for me

I will give it a try. Hoping the taste does not get old quick. I am about the same with EVOO at 3-4 tpsb ed. Good thread, thanks for the input guys!

Every g/f I have ever had has leaned out while she was with me. My secrets are Fish oil and coconut oil. Fish oil is usually a little more difficult to get them to eat b/c of the taste, but Vitacost has some strawberry flavored capsules that aren't too shabby. I make the protein shakes so delicious that the girls usually beg for them, well, I always add a 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. It hardens on top but when you add additional chocolate flavoring it tastes like an Almond Joy. :)

I always want everyone that knows my woman to say "What the HELL happened to her after Matt left?" Not that I wish any ill towards anyone, especially a woman I have cared for, it's just that I have a bit of a cynical side and nothing fulfills its needs quite like hearing that.

Last edited:
Very high burning point. Great for deep frying and pan frying, Also try Macadamia nut oil.

Ak

love Mac Nut Oil, best tasting Oil to take straight up as a shot.
hard to find up in the NorthEast, Order a bunch online once but trying not to use my cc to much right now.

Now using Coconut Oil.
I put a Tablespoon in those tiny paper cups, store in the fridge, take with me in a cooler with ice pack. Eat them as little disc with my shakes.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear