over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

chosing to be alone for the holidays

crashdriver

Banned
why is it that humans feel they need to be around other people during the holidays:confused:

why does this aspect have such an emotional effect on humans?

human has evolved into stupid?

why is it that humans feel they need to be around other people during the holidays:confused:

crashdriver,
Some people may not be very social and don't mind being alone. However, don't judge other people because they enjoy there family and friends. I had a great upbringing with a close family, we all get along. If it is not for you, then that is fine also.

if you " enjoy " the company of others this shouldn't be an issue and the fact that most will stretch themselves thin just to be around people is even more apparent.

come jan 2nd your back to your miserable condition.

Speak for yourself, some of us are not miserable wether we are around someone or not. I really enjoy my life.

im good 365 days a year

however some of my fellow humans are crippled by these " holidays "

you cant deny this even if you tried, most people are miserable about finances , relationships ect ect ect around xmas time.

You're sounding pretty damn miserable yourself right now. If you want to be alone, fine have at it, good luck with yourself. But why are you concerned with others that are spending money to go visit family or friends?

On Christmas I see some family, including my daughter, then we spend the most of the day with my best friend, the young lady that is a cancer survivor, and her family. If it makes them happy, great. I enjoy it as well. Get the stick out your ass and not worry or bash those that choose to be around friends and family.

people are social animals. evolution has mad it beneficial to our survival to form groups. the majority of what humans learn is taught to them by family and fellow members of their society, and the majority of productive activities that they do involve or atleast directly affect members of the society in which they live. its believed (based upon studies performed on animals and feral children) that if deprived of social contact humans frequently tend to become hostile, paranoid and depressed.

Humans are social beings. We need interaction with people, no matter how much you want to deny it. There are multitudes of phsychological studies done about the effects of isolation and solitude and the need to social interaction.

I prefer to do things that bring me joy during the holidays, which is spend time with family and friends. Some that I don't often see because of long distances. I don't see the problem with that.

Stop being a scrooge .. Nobody wants to hear your anti-holiday rants :naughty:

Humans are social beings. We need interaction with people, no matter how much you want to deny it. There are multitudes of phsychological studies done about the effects of isolation and solitude and the need to social interaction.

I prefer to do things that bring me joy during the holidays, which is spend time with family and friends. Some that I don't often see because of long distances. I don't see the problem with that.

NEGATIVE!!!!!!

and that's were you all go wrong," thinking " you need it.

you have been successfully brainwashed if you think so

having children is the only exception to this rule of mine.

NEGATIVE!!!!!!

I guess all the psychology books and studies I read in college are wrong. Thanks for enlightening me.

Sounds like you need a hug

another crisp example of why you been misled

you see displays of dominance as a cry for affection, understandable seeing that's how your mind is wired up.

ps im not the only one that's enlightend around here;)

Humans are born with almost no innate behavior. So we must learn from others. If you didn't you would be an invalid. The fact that you're posting on this forum means you're a social creature. With feelings,and a need to be heard, to have interactions. Even if you wish you weren't.

you see displays of dominance as a cry for affection, understandable seeing that's how your mind is wired up.

Please enlighten me as to why I should not be around family? I have no problems with being by myself when I choose to, I also have no problem socializing, why is this a problem with you?

kinda makes me feel bad for ya. makes me think that you havent made any real meaningful relationships.

if you " enjoy " the company of others this shouldn't be an issue and the fact that most will stretch themselves thin just to be around people is even more apparent.

come jan 2nd your back to your miserable condition.

im good 365 days a year

however some of my fellow humans are crippled by these " holidays "

you cant deny this even if you tried, most people are miserable about finances , relationships ect ect ect around xmas time.

NEGATIVE!!!!!!

This thread needs to move to the Counseling section!

I'm curious what triggered you to bring this topic up?

What was the reason for this comment..."come jan 2nd your back to your miserable condition." So it's not just the holidays, it's also the time in between holidays?

Last edited:
get some help

you either need more money, freedom, better relationships, dopamine, or all 4.

I am not sure what you are referring to when you talk about displays of dominance, lol I have seen none so far in this thread.

I love being around family but sometime I want to be alone. When I want to be alone I do just that. Sometimes you do things like show up for holidays even if YOU don't think it's important because it is important to someone you love. Doing something for those you love is not stupid.

If you truly are not miserable it sounds like you are around a lot of miserable people if you are noticing all these "holiday horrors"

EDIT: I would also like to point out that the holidays are really no different than any time of the year. You have your happy people and you have your miserable people, just like any other time of year.

Last edited:
I am not sure what you are referring to when you talk about displays of dominance, lol I have seen none so far in this thread.

I love being around family but sometime I want to be alone. When I want to be alone I do just that. Sometimes you do things like show up for holidays even if YOU don't think it's important because it is important to someone you love. Doing something for those you love is not stupid.

If you truly are not miserable it sounds like you are around a lot of miserable people if you are noticing all these "holiday horrors"

EDIT: I would also like to point out that the holidays are really no different than any time of the year. You have your happy people and you have your miserable people, just like any other time of year.

you just go around chirping newbies riding the coat tales of your families last name.

Its my superiorority that has you jaded, or for lack of a better word " weasel " mentality you have going on....

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws