over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Wonders of Low Dose Naltrexone

Bio

Staff member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I just updated my thread on possibly having MS...I don't have it! Back to spine doc and deal with the neck and spine.

My pain doc asked me about trying low dose naltrexone...he explained a few things regarding studies and I agreed to try it. When I got home I did a search on it and I was floored at what was being accomplished with low dose naltrexone and auto immune diseases including MS, Chrone's, ulcerative cholitis, etc along with many types of cancer. It's also been great for chronic pain. It's really incredible!

Here are some links...

The Low Dose Naltrexone Homepage

This one is a link off of the above site but it has a lot of studies so I'm putting it up separately...

What Others Are Saying About LDN

LDN Research Trust - Low Dose Naltrexone |

Low Dose Naltrexone and chronic pain - Pradeep Chopra, MD | LDN Research Trust - Low Dose Naltrexone

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4quvjDiXcY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4quvjDiXcY[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDCn0JWv6Io"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDCn0JWv6Io[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXB8lztHZp0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXB8lztHZp0[/ame]

Last edited:
I keep hearing about this. I'd be interested in hearing updates.

Very interesting. I love when you guys find these things and posts them. I'm always looking for new avenues to help with my Crohns and colitis. I feel like most docs just aren't up to date on a lot of new meds and therapies

Really interesting stuff, thanks a lot for the links.

I just updated my thread on possibly having MS...I don't have it! Back to spine doc and deal with the neck and spine.

My pain doc asked me about trying low dose naltrexone...he explained a few things regarding studies and I agreed to try it. When I got home I did a search on it and I was floored at what was being accomplished with low dose naltrexone and auto immune diseases including MS, Chrone's, ulcerative cholitis, etc along with many types of cancer. It's also been great for chronic pain. It's really incredible!

Here are some links...

The Low Dose Naltrexone Homepage

This one is a link off of the above site but it has a lot of studies so I'm putting it up separately...

What Others Are Saying About LDN

LDN Research Trust - Low Dose Naltrexone |

Low Dose Naltrexone and chronic pain - Pradeep Chopra, MD | LDN Research Trust - Low Dose Naltrexone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4quvjDiXcY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDCn0JWv6Io

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXB8lztHZp0

So did you start ? I brought this up last year I remember you were in the thread asking about it. My endo started me on it for my Lyme, plus my pain back joint issues probably related and damaged from Lyme and hormone issues all related. Low dose Naltrexone suppose to help with all this. Do you have Lyme since you thought u had MS? I tear cartilage in joints and spinal cord very degenerative doc feels it's from years of Lyme. Something always getting injured not even doing anything.

Last edited:
So did you start ? I brought this up last year I remember you were in the thread asking about it. My endo started me on it for my Lyme, plus my pain back joint issues probably related and damaged from Lyme and hormone issues all related. Low dose Naltrexone suppose to help with all this. Do you have Lyme since you thought u had MS? I tear cartilage in joints and spinal cord very degenerative doc feels it's from years of Lyme. Something always getting injured not even doing anything.

Damn, I must have forgotten about it. I'm starting tomorrow. Have you had any relief?

Same here bro. Shoot me a line any time to bs or talk about supps that have worked for you/vice versa.

As for ldn, I used it in the past, but just didn't work well enough for the pain and was put on something else, esp since we knew my testosterone was bc of the lyme, not pain meds and would not come back when taken off pain meds etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Professional Muscle mobile app

I'm using it now to help with my UC. I was in a bad flare and started with 1 mg per night three days ago. I've been,sleeping shitty but my flare has subsided and the bathroom trips have reduced significantly. I will report more as I continue.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I'm using it now to help with my UC. I was in a bad flare and started with 1 mg per night three days ago. I've been,sleeping shitty but my flare has subsided and the bathroom trips have reduced significantly. I will report more as I continue.

Try taking it in the am...that's what is suggested for people who have trouble sleeping on it. In fact, in one of the more recent studies it stated that there is no difference in using it am or pm...whatever works best for the individual.

I'm on my way to getting over a crohn's/uc flare. How could i bring this med up to my gastro? What all does this med do for you so far? (what do you expect out of it overall?)

Does insurance cover it?

Doc prescribed

So I went in to see my Endo a few months back to run blood work. I explained to him that no matter what I try I always feel lethargic, achy, and fatigued more so than normal. In the gym I feel great! Outside of the gym, especially mid day at work I'm physically and mentally exhausted. I tried downing Pink salt in 8oz of water to replenish my adrenals, I tried not to drink coffee in the AM only as a pre workout, and ultimately none of that worked. The aches I felt in my knees, pelvis, and shoulders were annoying to say the least. He recommended me try low dose Naltrexone. I went to the pharm where they compounded me .25mg tabs to take twice a day. Shortly there after I felt amazing! I felt very energetic but not like a stim more like mental clarity. The aches went away slowly but surely and it even helped me stay on my diet and away from bad food.

Someone very close to me is a psychologist at Yale University that works with a group of doctors in hopes of finding a safe and effective treatment for bariatric patient's. What they found was that low dose Naltrexone with Wellbutrin helped keep there patients in a healthy mental state of well being and it helped them stay on a healthy diet regimen and away from bad foods. The result was slow and steady weight loss. Obese people (even those with a genetic predisposition) are addicted to bad food the same way alcoholics are addicted to alcohol. Naltrexone has a profound effect of helping people kick there addictions. I think it has it's place in bodybuilding especially when you're in contest prep mode. Just my 2 cents... :D

[lang=vi]This is a wonder drug my man! I have about 10 clients on this who have auto-immune disease and its the one drug almost no doctor looks to, but should[/lang]

I'm on my way to getting over a crohn's/uc flare. How could i bring this med up to my gastro? What all does this med do for you so far? (what do you expect out of it overall?)

Does insurance cover it?
[lang=vi]Insurance does not cover this, but with crohns it will help about 70% of people dramatically.[/lang]

Try taking it in the am...that's what is suggested for people who have trouble sleeping on it. In fact, in one of the more recent studies it stated that there is no difference in using it am or pm...whatever works best for the individual.
[lang=vi]I have found at night gives some super crazy dreams, but seems to work just fine.[/lang]

[lang=vi]Insurance does not cover this, but with crohns it will help about 70% of people dramatically.[/lang]
Ins covered mine. Was initially for oic, but later changed when I said it helped in other ways. Tell them to write for oic, or wtvr your ins will cover. If they're a good doc, imo, then they will have no problem tip toeing around stupid ins codes and legislation.

It also has me wonder if movantik, or naloxegol, would be a better choice? It works in the gi tract specifically, binding to those receptors only, so not supposed* to affect the brain in the same way naltrexone does, but will do the Exact same thing for your gut. Sorry, it's late, but I am Very interested and hoping to help if possible.

Did you ask your dr for it? I have UC as well. Currently taking colazol.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Professional Muscle mobile app

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828