over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone into PC Gaming?

maldorf

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
If you are into PC gaming I am wondering if there is anyone on here that has upgraded to Windows 10. I would like to know how most games are running on it as of today's date. Ive seen a lot of angry posts on Steam by users not even being able to boot some games but the number of posts seems to be coming down as Microsoft must be releasing updates to patch things up.

I am afraid to take the jump but I am getting tired of having to work around WIndows trying to force me to upgrade. Today when trying to update Windows 8.1 I found that it kept checking off the upgrade to windows 10 box in updates all on its own. I would uncheck it and even hid it but it still came back and checked itself off and then when I was trying to apply other updates it started to download and somehow ended up screwing up my PC enough that I had to run repair on the drive.

my brother is running it and his life pretty much consists of PC gaming and i have yet to hear him say things are not working properly after the most recent patches. i'm still running win7 personally but upon upgrading my PC within the next year or so i will most definitely upgrade to win 10. i just hate reformatting and redownloading my steam library (the worst)

btw even in todays world i much prefer a fresh reformat over an OS upgrade. it always messes SOMETHING up somehow. driver conflicts etc.

Just upgraded to Win 10. Pretty painless really. Borderlands 2, Arc and Gta 5 no problem so far.

I'm mainly worried about the older games. I have built up a lot of games in my library on Steam and am playing them in chronological order figuring that's best since those games will have the most difficulty and better to play them now then later when the OS changes more.

Right now Im in the year 2012. Im playing Sniper V2 and now have moved onto the zombie trilogy that runs off of that. Next I plan on doing Max Payne 3.

I think I may hold off longer. I guess the only down side will be when I upgrade it will take longer to complete since I will be downloading a year of patches all at once.

I plan on building a new machine this summer and will just buy Windows 10 in the store then and do a nice clean install on that. The PC I use now will go to one of my daughters.

Just upgraded to Win 10. Pretty painless really. Borderlands 2, Arc and Gta 5 no problem so far.

Sounds like the newer games are good. I suppose if the older ones have trouble I could try compatibility mode.

Switched from 8.1, haven't tried my old games. I'll try Supreme Commander, that will be a test.

Switched from 8.1, haven't tried my old games. I'll try Supreme Commander, that will be a test.

Good, let me know how it goes. Ive got probably about 50 more games to play and don't want to have problems doing so. I hate spending 5 hours on the web finding and applying workarounds so I can play a game.

Good, let me know how it goes. Ive got probably about 50 more games to play and don't want to have problems doing so. I hate spending 5 hours on the web finding and applying workarounds so I can play a game.
Have you played that crap battlefront yet?

I simply don't have time for PC gaming and still have a deal with XP

Have you played that crap battlefront yet?

Star Wars Battlefront? Nowadays I never buy new games. I buy games that are about 1 year old or so , so that the price is about $15 or so with all of the DLC.

Does the game run like crap on PC?

Star Wars Battlefront? Nowadays I never buy new games. I buy games that are about 1 year old or so , so that the price is about $15 or so with all of the DLC.

Does the game run like crap on PC?
Picked up Battlefront pre order for £26, looks bloody amazing graphically, but game play is dire.
Just picked up gta5 for 40%off, I donto mind paying 25squid for a game we know 3 of us Skype together and multiplay.
Do you play online?

Picked up Battlefront pre order for £26, looks bloody amazing graphically, but game play is dire.
Just picked up gta5 for 40%off, I donto mind paying 25squid for a game we know 3 of us Skype together and multiplay.
Do you play online?

I play on Steam but really concentrate now on single player games with campaigns. I used to really be into MMORPGs, started out on Everquest back when it first came out, but have gotten away from that because it was so addictive. Vanguard was the last one I played. I never played too much first player shooter online.

i have windows 10

Steam works good but only play DOTA 2

play hearthstone on BLIZZARD so far it works good also

Steam on a Mac-

Play lots of the strategy games by paradox- just came out with stellaris
really love civ 5.

Win10 and Steam mostly. I have only run into problems when the developers suck. Yes, I am look RIGHT AT YOU 2K Games! Grumble, Grumble, Bioshock remake, grumble, grumble.

Recently, I am using Fusion emulator to play my favorite retro games. Sega / Nintendo generation kid.

I'm mainly worried about the older games. I have built up a lot of games in my library on Steam and am playing them in chronological order figuring that's best since those games will have the most difficulty and better to play them now then later when the OS changes more.

I think I may hold off longer. I guess the only down side will be when I upgrade it will take longer to complete since I will be downloading a year of patches all at once.

I plan on building a new machine this summer and will just buy Windows 10 in the store then and do a nice clean install on that. The PC I use now will go to one of my daughters.

i would hold off until you build a new system because of incompatible drivers, be it graphic card or older files and your games.

Windows 10 Is Spying On You: Here’s How To Stop It

...How to opt out

OK, here’s how to take control of this stuff if you’re worried about it. No, opting out is not especially simple, although if you take an absolutist approach it doesn’t take at all long to set everything to ‘no.’ If you’re yet to install Windows 10 and are concerned about all this stuff, you can head most of it off at the pass by declining Express settings and choosing options yourself, refusing any request to let the OS or apps access your location and turning the Cortana search assistant off. If you missed the boat there, you’ll need to do any and all of the following. Even if you were super-cautious during setup, be sure to follow step 3 below if you’re concerned.

1. Go to Settings – Privacy and go through the 13 different screens there and turn anything which concerns you to off. The biggest, most universal settings are under ‘General’, while the other screens let you choose which apps can and can’t access your calendar, messages, camera, mic, etcetera. There may well be stuff you want to leave on – for instance, I do actually want Windows’ Calendar app to access my calendar data (obv), I just don’t want it to sell that data on because I don’t want to be bombarded with flower ads when it’s my mum’s birthday.

2. Depending on whether you’ve been finding it useful or not, you may want to go to Cortana’s settings and turn off everything there. It’s just working as a basic file search for me now, as I didn’t want its ‘suggestions’, I didn’t want it to lock me into Bing and I didn’t want a tiny part of my processor to be forever dedicated to listening out for voice commands I will never use.

3. This is the crucial one, and so fundamental to Windows 10’s tracking that Microsoft have stuck the setting on an external website, which they say is so that it’s on one easy dashboard, but I find it hard not to wonder if it’s in the hope that we don’t easily stumble across it while browsing Windows 10’s own Privacy menus. Said website is colourful and cheerful and can play a video at you talking about how wonderful targeted advertising is. Ignore the bumf and instead go directly here and set both options to Off. It’s the innocuous-sounding “Personalised ads wherever I use my Microsoft account” which is the likely root of all this, because having that on means Windows 10 itself becomes a hub for targeted ads. You’ll probably have set up Windows 10 with a Microsoft account, because it heavily encourages you to do so with talk of synchronised files and settings and a OneDrive cloud account during installation, but this means the OS is signed into that account all the time. As a result, Windows 10 itself has it spyglasses on, not just apps or pages that you’re signed into with your MS account.

I notice that every time I go back to that page, the “Personalised ads in this browser” setting has silently turned itself back on again. This is concerning, but I’m not yet sure if it’s a bug or if it’s exploiting sessions as an excuse to reset regularly. Judicious ad and cookie control with your plugins and browser options of choice can change this, however. Again, do remember that many websites are dependent on advertising revenue to survive, but opting out of targeted advertising – and having that opt out be respected – is another matter entirely.

4. You may also wish to remove your Microsoft account from Windows 10 and use a local account instead. This will double-down on restricting what’s harvested, though you’ll lose out on features such as settings synchronisation across all your PCs and will suffer more nagging from stuff like the Windows Store and OneDrive. Probably not a big deal for many people, I suspect. Go to Settings – Accounts – Your Account within Windows 10 (or just type ‘Accounts’ into haha Cortana) to get to the relevant options.

If you have multiple PCs already running Windows 10 you’ll need to do all of this on each of them, although your Microsoft account opt-out should be universal...

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/07/30/windows-10-privacy-settings/

**broken link removed**

Few years ago I upgraded my machine hardware to what I would consider to be an acceptable gaming machine since my PC was outdated and I didn't want to buy a next generation console, but recently I found that consoles are much cheaper solution than good PCs :(

No thank you.

I personally avoid windows 10 at all costs these days.

Back before it was released I had connections to higher ups in microsoft and managed to get my hands on the beta. I knew this was a risk, but hey, not many had it. Took about a week before microsoft released an update that bricked my system. 50 lb enthusiast-level paper weight. So I went back to 7 ultimate and remained stable.

My dad bought a laptop with windows 8 that eventually upgraded to windows 8.1. He wasnt a fan of it and wanted something different. By this time 10 had been on the market for 6 or so months and seemed to have released enough patches to fix the driver issues and compatability. Upgraded to 10 and on the next reboot it ran into issues. Could not boot. So I attempted to go back to windows 8. However, windows 10 doesnt let you install an older operating system over the newer one. Seemed the only option was to boot and nuke and start over, which I still haven't done. Its dead, jim.

Fast forward to about 2 months ago. Windows 10 has been out for a few years now and everyone likes it right? So I tried yet again to download it on my desktop and low and behold, wouldnt even boot after installing.

Moral of the story, dont download unless youre willing to accept the consequences of a failure.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear