over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question for the Judges

goddessamazon

Newbies
Hi,

Next month I'll be entering two bodybuilding competitions for the first time. One will be a natural and the next one will be NPC.

I'm entering into the novice division for both. I currently weigh 164lbs and I stand 6'2"

Being so tall one of the hardest things I've notice for me to develop are my legs. Especially since that is the part of my body that stores so much fat. My leg muscles are slowly coming in but not as fast as I want them to. However, everything else is coming in nicely. My main advantage is that I have abs and last year I noticed that most women in the novice division didn't have any.

Here are my questions.

How many points are taken off for semi developed legs?

Most of the other females who compete will be no taller than 5'7" or 5'8". If you were a judge and saw line up of women with similar height and then one female who was extremely tall towering above them all would you critique her (the tall female) harder than the others? Especially being that she stands out from the rest due to her height?

thanks for your answer in advance.

Last edited:
Hi,

Next month I'll be entering two bodybuilding competitions for the first time. One will be a natural and the next one will be NPC.

I'm entering into the novice division for both. I currently weigh 164lbs and I stand 6'2"

Being so tall one of the hardest things I've notice for me to develop are my legs. Especially since that is the part of my body that stores so much fat. My leg muscles are slowly coming in but not as fast as I want them to. However, everything else is coming in nicely. My main advantage is that I have abs and last year I noticed that most women in the novice division didn't have any.

Here are my questions.

How many points are taken off for semi developed legs?

Most of the other females who compete will be no taller than 5'7" or 5'8". If you were a judge and saw line up of women with similar height and then one female who was extremely tall towering above them all would you critique her (the tall female) harder than the others? Especially being that she stands out from the rest due to her height?

thanks for your answer in advance.

On stage (this applies to men too), if one particular competitor towers over all the others in height, the eyes instantly get drawn to that competitor, and also since they are so much bigger, everything, including the flaws, will stand out so much more. And since the eyes will constantly keep going back to that compeitor, even if it's subconcious, that competitor will be much more scrutinized than the others.

Regarding points, points are relative to the other competitors. Meaning, you don't get points awarded for various weaknesses or strengths, but for placings in relation to the other competitors.

If I think one person deservers to be first, I'll give them 1 point. Second place, will get 2 points from, third place 3 points, and so on.
Then all the points from all the judges get added (highest and lowest thrown out) and the competitor with the lowest overall score wins.

On stage (this applies to men too), if one particular competitor towers over all the others in height, the eyes instantly get drawn to that competitor, and also since they are so much bigger, everything, including the flaws, will stand out so much more. And since the eyes will constantly keep going back to that compeitor, even if it's subconcious, that competitor will be much more scrutinized than the others.

Regarding points, points are relative to the other competitors. Meaning, you don't get points awarded for various weaknesses or strengths, but for placings in relation to the other competitors.

If I think one person deservers to be first, I'll give them 1 point. Second place, will get 2 points from, third place 3 points, and so on.
Then all the points from all the judges get added (highest and lowest thrown out) and the competitor with the lowest overall score wins.

I agree with Big A completely!

Worldspan

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member