over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New to the boards - Nationals is 2011?

NeverSoft

Registered
New to the boards - Nationals in 2011?

Hello,

I'm new to the boards. I've done a few shows and been training a few years now.

Looking for some honest opinions. My next step is another National qualifier, now that the NPC has changed the rules - you have to qualify every year IF you don't take top 5 I believe, in a National event.

So anyway.... The pics of me with the lighter color tan (and softer) are from the 2009 Southern States.. I did that show on a 5 week diet (took second place in the heavies). My target show was the Maryland State and East Coast Classic, which I did 5 weeks after and took the overall in both.

You can see which pics are which. All the shots of me in the line up are the Maryland and 1 Most Muscular shot.

Anyway, just looking for some feed back. I'm well aware of the gyno, I'll be getting that taken care of.

Good to be here,

Let me have it!

Attachments

• 2009MD.jpg
    2009MD.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,173
  • 2009MD2.jpg
    2009MD2.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,027
  • 2009MD3.jpg
    2009MD3.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 915
  • 2009MD4.jpg
    2009MD4.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 852
  • 2009MD5.jpg
    2009MD5.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 914
Last edited:
More

Attachments

• 2009MD6.jpg
    2009MD6.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 818
  • 2009MD7.jpg
    2009MD7.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 732
  • 2009MD8.jpg
    2009MD8.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 721
  • 2009MD-MOSTmuscular.jpg
    2009MD-MOSTmuscular.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 826
Southern States.

I believe if I would have brought the same condition I did at the MD, I would have won the Southern States as well.

Oh, one more thing. Just an interesting bit of info.... The Southern States pics show a package with carbs in my diet. The MD pics are a Keto diet..

Attachments

• SouthernStates.jpg
    SouthernStates.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 926
  • SS2.jpg
    SS2.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 828
Great potential

Thanks. I'm about 6'0 - 210 pounds in the Maryland photos, 214 in the Southern States photos..

What would you say I need to be top 5 on a National stage? Just overall size and thickness?

Thanks Phil.

Hey Bro!

Here is what I see at first glance. I will look in more detail also. What really stands out to me is that you have amazingly awesome quads and extremely nice calves. However, the upper body symmetry and balance does not match the thickness and size of your lower body. Therefore, what i would suggest you do is really work hard on putting on upper body thickness (arms especially, then shoulders/traps/pecs/lats. When your upper body "matches" in balance with your lower, then I would think you are ready to try for the Nationals and see what you can do. I do want to say that you have super potential for national shows!!

Let me know if you have any other questions...
Hope I helped!
Mike

Thanks. I'm about 6'0 - 210 pounds in the Maryland photos, 214 in the Southern States photos..

What would you say I need to be top 5 on a National stage? Just overall size and thickness?

Thanks Phil.

Hey Bro!

Here is what I see at first glance. I will look in more detail also. What really stands out to me is that you have amazingly awesome quads and extremely nice calves. However, the upper body symmetry and balance does not match the thickness and size of your lower body. Therefore, what i would suggest you do is really work hard on putting on upper body thickness (arms especially, then shoulders/traps/pecs/lats. When your upper body "matches" in balance with your lower, then I would think you are ready to try for the Nationals and see what you can do. I do want to say that you have super potential for national shows!!

Let me know if you have any other questions...
Hope I helped!
Mike

Hey Mike -

I really appreciate you taking the time to access my physique. Due to the length of my arms they have always been a lacking body part. I have been working hard to improve them and my upper body as a whole.

I did the IFBB North Americans in 2008. I weighed 208 (tiny for a 6'footer) do to my great conditioning and shape, I was able to take 14th out of 34 guys in my class (Heavies). Of course they ALL out muscled me, it was VERY discouraging.... Being my first national show I chalked it up as a learning experience.

I talked with Flex Wheeler back stage and he said that my shape and conditioning were spot on - but I needed more size. Since that time I have been working...

The one question I do have is.... Do you think I will have to step in the Supers to do well because of my height? Or, If I pack on enough muscle, will I be able to place well at the top of the heavy class?

Thanks again for your input, I greatly appreciate it!

Mike

Last edited:
Hey Mike,
I would say it makes the most sense and should up your probability of winning if you pack on more mass and be super ripped and shredded and compete at the top of the Heavy class. I know what you mean about arm length; mine isn't as much the bicep/tricep but the long forearms makes the forearms look thinner.

Hope this helps. PM me if you want to discuss more.
Mike

Hey Mike -

I really appreciate you taking the time to access my physique. Due to the length of my arms they have always been a lacking body part. I have been working hard to improve them and my upper body as a whole.

I did the IFBB North Americans in 2008. I weighed 208 (tiny for a 6'footer) do to my great conditioning and shape, I was able to take 14th out of 34 guys in my class (Heavies). Of course they ALL out muscled me, it was VERY discouraging.... Being my first national show I chalked it up as a learning experience.

I talked with Flex Wheeler back stage and he said that my shape and conditioning were spot on - but I needed more size. Since that time I have been working...

The one question I do have is.... Do you think I will have to step in the Supers to do well because of my height? Or, If I pack on enough muscle, will I be able to place well at the top of the heavy class?

Thanks again for your input, I greatly appreciate it!

Mike

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner