over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dog or cat?

somecunt

Registered
We are moving into our new house in 6 months and are trying to figure out weather to get our dog or cat first we are looking at getting a French bulldog and a Bengal cat. Experienced animal lovers what would you get first. I've heard cats don't take well to puppies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have an Australian Shepard and a cat..the cat actually is the boss to the dog lol!
We just lost our other Australian Shepard and Golden retriever this year and the cat told them what's up too. They all got along well but cats kinda do their own thing usually. Training a puppy is a little bit of work but well worth it in the end. Good luck with whatever you decide.

I think we will get the Frenchie first because the Bengal breeder trains the cats before you get them at least that way we can spend more time on training the dog etc before the cat comes

Just got a frenchie myself and couldn't be happier
57f3b3d598f9d21b9c4f255141bd3faf.jpg

Cats do just fine w puppies, that's bull from my personal experience. The cat will be standoff ish until the pup matures a bit and calms down, but esp after yr 3 they will be best of friends, laying together and shit like mine. Cat isn't mine, but been here and lays spooning w my lab sometimes. Now that the cat is fat and older they chill constantly.
I say dog ad you have a home now and can serve another purpose- protecting you all. Also, cats just fk off and aren't nearly as friendly as dogs- for the most part. You want a dog's attention- u got it. U want a cats attention- if it's in the mood cool, if not, it's fkn off and telling you to clean up the shit and fk off, lol.

Cats do just fine w puppies, that's bull from my personal experience. The cat will be standoff ish until the pup matures a bit and calms down, but esp after yr 3 they will be best of friends, laying together and shit like mine. Cat isn't mine, but been here and lays spooning w my lab sometimes. Now that the cat is fat and older they chill constantly.
I say dog ad you have a home now and can serve another purpose- protecting you all. Also, cats just fk off and aren't nearly as friendly as dogs- for the most part. You want a dog's attention- u got it. U want a cats attention- if it's in the mood cool, if not, it's fkn off and telling you to clean up the shit and fk off, lol.

Agreed I got my kitten and puppy at the same time and their like best of friends

Dog, no question. I have a 10 year old toy poodle. Cutest little thing, loyal and intelligent. He's still extremely hyper though even though he's old.

We are moving into our new house in 6 months and are trying to figure out weather to get our dog or cat first we are looking at getting a French bulldog and a Bengal cat. Experienced animal lovers what would you get first. I've heard cats don't take well to puppies

We have a Bengal and a Maine Coone cat sharing our home with a 85lb Chow/Lab cross, both kittens were purchased one year ago after our other cats had to be put down after 17-18 years.

Kittens will almost always hiss at dogs in the beginnings and most dogs realize they have claws and will back away, within a week they should be fine with each other and sometimes it takes a couple weeks...don't keep them separated, let them become friends.

As for Bengals, if you are a *first time* cat owner I suggest you think about this breed as they *can* be problematic, I am not saying everybody has a problem but lets just say these cats need lots of attention and some breeders will ask you to feed them a raw diet and if you don't and they were raised until 12 weeks on raw and you try to convert to kibble you're gonna have one sick kitty.

Our bengal has a wheel we bought him from 1FastCat and he runs on it full out when he's bored and while we watch TV you will hear him walking on it, he constantly tries to get us to play with him and did I mention they are VERY energetic cats, they are basically 4 generations from wild and will still act somewhat wild at times.

If you decide to go the raw diet make sure you do it right and get a recipe from your breeder or ask me and I'll have the wife email you, she makes batches of about 50lbs of meat every month or so and the cats both eat 1/2 pound of meat per day, so between them both its ONE POUND of chicken drumsticks, hearts, livers and some vitamins all weighed out and portioned...its a lot of work and if you go on holidays you will need someone to portion out this meat for your bengal every day, two times per day.

I don't want to discourage you from getting a Bengal at all just be aware they are a bit different than a normal cat, ours does not like to be held at all and howls if you hold him yet he will snuggle up in bed with us, some others have Bengals who like to be held. Also, some bengals tend to urinate on beds etc if things are not *right*, if you forgot to clean the litter they will let you know by probably pissing on your pillow or if they are mad etc...they are somewhat quirky and ours has only done it about 4 times in a year but its a bit odd and something you need to be aware of.

I've attached a picture of our Bengal(14.7 lbs) and Maine Coone(13.5 lbs) and the Bengal just turned 1 yr last week and the Maine Coone will be 1 yr in two more weeks.

The Bengal is almost at max weight but the Maine Coone will probably get to be 20-25lbs, they are the largest domestic cat breed.

Attachments

• IMG_2390.jpg
    IMG_2390.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 208
We have a Bengal and a Maine Coone cat sharing our home with a 85lb Chow/Lab cross, both kittens were purchased one year ago after our other cats had to be put down after 17-18 years.

Kittens will almost always hiss at dogs in the beginnings and most dogs realize they have claws and will back away, within a week they should be fine with each other and sometimes it takes a couple weeks...don't keep them separated, let them become friends.

As for Bengals, if you are a *first time* cat owner I suggest you think about this breed as they *can* be problematic, I am not saying everybody has a problem but lets just say these cats need lots of attention and some breeders will ask you to feed them a raw diet and if you don't and they were raised until 12 weeks on raw and you try to convert to kibble you're gonna have one sick kitty.

Our bengal has a wheel we bought him from 1FastCat and he runs on it full out when he's bored and while we watch TV you will hear him walking on it, he constantly tries to get us to play with him and did I mention they are VERY energetic cats, they are basically 4 generations from wild and will still act somewhat wild at times.

If you decide to go the raw diet make sure you do it right and get a recipe from your breeder or ask me and I'll have the wife email you, she makes batches of about 50lbs of meat every month or so and the cats both eat 1/2 pound of meat per day, so between them both its ONE POUND of chicken drumsticks, hearts, livers and some vitamins all weighed out and portioned...its a lot of work and if you go on holidays you will need someone to portion out this meat for your bengal every day, two times per day.

I don't want to discourage you from getting a Bengal at all just be aware they are a bit different than a normal cat, ours does not like to be held at all and howls if you hold him yet he will snuggle up in bed with us, some others have Bengals who like to be held. Also, some bengals tend to urinate on beds etc if things are not *right*, if you forgot to clean the litter they will let you know by probably pissing on your pillow or if they are mad etc...they are somewhat quirky and ours has only done it about 4 times in a year but its a bit odd and something you need to be aware of.

I've attached a picture of our Bengal(14.7 lbs) and Maine Coone(13.5 lbs) and the Bengal just turned 1 yr last week and the Maine Coone will be 1 yr in two more weeks.

The Bengal is almost at max weight but the Maine Coone will probably get to be 20-25lbs, they are the largest domestic cat breed.

Wow- super cool cats!

As far as the OP I would take into consideration everything ripper said but like others I would say having both of them young and allowing them to grow would be the best practice for them becoming life long friends!!

Got a cat once. Cat was alright. Put a cam up and saw the bastard on the counter tops. (Thinking of it scratching in our automatic flush litter box). Cat shit germs on the counters changed everything. No more pussy.

I'd get a dog over a cat any day. Cats are assholes. This apartment is 'pet-free', if it wasn't I'd have a bull dog. Every bull dog I've ever met just sat around and did nothing all day. We would be best friends.

I'd get a dog over a cat any day. Cats are assholes. This apartment is 'pet-free', if it wasn't I'd have a bull dog. Every bull dog I've ever met just sat around and did nothing all day. We would be best friends.

Cats are actually very intelligent animals. I have cats all my life. They are very affectionate animals and very low maintenance. If a cat acts an asshole, it is usually the person handling it.

Awesome info. Damn. Didn't know bengals got that size. Normal cats 7-8# I love cats. Bengal sounds too much work.

Here's a couple of my 19# beasts
dfc14326292f6c13ccf44d1a572fc8ac.jpg
b1f8c0863b06d344e9222bcf6cae638f.jpg
df9ab1cb8be07c167f17cdcf600cb869.jpg
0fd43cf8e10013b7dbc9f463cf6b5507.jpg

Awesome info. Damn. Didn't know bengals got that size. Normal cats 7-8# I love cats. Bengal sounds too much work.

My other Maine Coone we put down a couple years ago was lazy like yours and would half lay down while he drank water.

Nice huge cats!

Idk cats stink. They spray tear up the furniture clawing everything. I can always tell when someone owns a cat when I walk into there home.. Once they get that piss in the rug and woodwork you can never get it out.... I'm definitely a dog man

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity