over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Occlusion training for calves

Love_to_Bodybuild

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I've been trying it for arms and it definitely puts more blood in there.

Has anyone tried it for calves and seen any results?

I tried it once, it was too painful. I guess Id better not go so tight . I know its best I try it. making this thread helps me remember to try it and would love tpo hear anyones input that tried it consistently for a while.

IVe tried it unintentionally, with my knee wraps below my knees. It was indeed too painfull. Couldn't imagine wanting to do that intentionally:eek:

Yes

I use it for calves. I've been doing it for awhile. I'll do two regular sets of seated or standing calf raises, and then finish it off with an occluded set. It has definitely helped. Genetically I got screwed on calf muscles. It doesn't grow 'em overnight. Stick with it.
Oh...and I've never experienced pain like that in my life. Sitting down after a set and keeping the wraps on for a minute is NOT fun!!!

I have a friend who swears by training this way. He's 61 but looks like the terminator.

He convinced me to purchase a pair off amazon. I just got them in the mail today and I plan on hitting legs in the AM.

I don't have great genetics for calves either so I'm up for anything at this point. I've tried glycerol compound injections and everything related besides syntherol.

I train super intense so it seems they are up my alley. I would like to hear from others with experience on this as well.

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk

Thanks for pointing me toward Amazon. I didn't realize they actually made straps specifically for occlusion training. It beats using knee wraps. I'm 61 also, and don't like to go heavy anymore, so this helps. Thanks...

I have a friend who swears by training this way. He's 61 but looks like the terminator.

He convinced me to purchase a pair off amazon. I just got them in the mail today and I plan on hitting legs in the AM.

I don't have great genetics for calves either so I'm up for anything at this point. I've tried glycerol compound injections and everything related besides syntherol.

I train super intense so it seems they are up my alley. I would like to hear from others with experience on this as well.

I use it for calves. I've been doing it for awhile. I'll do two regular sets of seated or standing calf raises, and then finish it off with an occluded set. It has definitely helped. Genetically I got screwed on calf muscles. It doesn't grow 'em overnight. Stick with it.
Oh...and I've never experienced pain like that in my life. Sitting down after a set and keeping the wraps on for a minute is NOT fun!!!

Thanks for pointing me toward Amazon. I didn't realize they actually made straps specifically for occlusion training. It beats using knee wraps. I'm 61 also, and don't like to go heavy anymore, so this helps. Thanks...

the set i got off amazon is adjustable where if its too tight or painful you can play with it and pretty easily adjust it.

I trained legs with them today. Total agony!! ...but I love it. Great pump and my legs felt great a few hours later.

My friend I mentioned told me he's used them almost two years now. He credits his vascularity from using them.

He and myself train must the same way. TUT...with slow ten second reps. I've done years of powerlifting and slowing down has built me a lot of density. I'm Hoping these will tap into new potential.

I trained legs with them today. Total agony!! ...but I love it. Great pump and my legs felt great a few hours later.

My friend I mentioned told me he's used them almost two years now. He credits his vascularity from using them.

He and myself train must the same way. TUT...with slow ten second reps. I've done years of powerlifting and slowing down has built me a lot of density. I'm Hoping these will tap into new potential.

hams and quads or calves or all?

Have there been any long term studies on how this training affects the veins? To me it seems like all of that pressure would be really hard on the valves in the veins. I wonder if if might cause varicose veins eventually. Damage like that causes the veins to stand out more.

If you are doing occlusion calves wrap above the knee not below. Also a protocol like this is extremely effective.

Seated calf raise cluster set 30% of 1rm
Only 1 set needed

If you are doing occlusion calves wrap above the knee not below. Also a protocol like this is extremely effective.

Seated calf raise cluster set 30% of 1rm
Only 1 set needed

Have you tried below the knee?

Have you tried below the knee?
I have now tried both, I prefer below the knees for calves. I feel it does a better job of trapping blood.

First time I've been sore in some time. I usually train balls to the wall. Don't really know any other way to crank the intensity since I stopped competing in powerlifting.

Slow eccentric reps with the bands are brutal.

I have now tried both, I prefer below the knees for calves. I feel it does a better job of trapping blood.

First time I've been sore in some time. I usually train balls to the wall. Don't really know any other way to crank the intensity since I stopped competing in powerlifting.

Slow eccentric reps with the bands are brutal.

Okay gotcha. I did arms earlier , supersetting them. I injured my arms badly about fifteen years ago powerlifting 4-6 reps -max-ot and hit training, using other muscles and im unable to go up in weight too high, like decline tricep extension 20 lbs -6 reps, and had to stop......so these bands are something in trying on arms and it definatly traps blood in there for killer pump.

Im going through an intensity phase so I did what i could. and the last five sets i put bands on and supersetted , killer pump and my arms blew up.

everything ive seen for occlusion calve training has been below the knee. Just off work, about to do them now. I'm definitely starting small my first time doing this. Last time I did them, the pain was unbearable and maybe I wrapped too tight, with knee wraps, but it was super painful.

The drawback of this system is that you cannot use it for the chest, back or quadriceps.

Hi can you link to the ones you ordered? Thanks.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws