over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Android TV Box Recommendations

oldboy49

Registered
I have a plan to get one of those Android TV boxes. One friend of mine said that I must necessary get a Air Mouse in addition.

Any tips and recommendations are appreciated, thanks guys!

Last edited:
Are you aware all of these Android boxes run something called KODI which is free and can run on just about any computer or laptop?

If you have a laptop with HDMI out you can install on that and then you install "Add-Ons" to watch all sorts of stuff.

Many people get ripped off and pay way too much for them, search DHgate website for them and you will find them for less than $100, they may not be fully setup but you just install KODI yourself.

Nvidia shield with Kodi. Iv run a bunch of boxes and nvidia is best by far. All movies ppv etc with kodi

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Nvidia Shield is the best, but it's expensive (200$-300$). It's powerful, a "gaming" box if you like.

Xiaomi Mi Box is around 70$, with Android TV 6 (be careful, most boxes use Android from PHONES! It works, but it's not optimized for boxes), Google Cast (same protocol has Chrome Cast), supports 4k (but not powerful enough), and a nice remote.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mi-Box-Android-TV/54827138

Google Cast will do the job too, it's not a box but will do the exact same thing if you have a phone/laptop/tablet/etc. I have one, it works very good.

Must have apps for me:

- Show Box for every movie and tv shows out there.
- Acestream to see every single sport channel out there with great quality.
- Kodi.

Last edited:
You guys are great, thanks for all recommendations!

I am aware for Kodi (thanks for the other apps and device info) and that I can use it with my laptop connection to TV, but my case is complicated.

Nvidia shield looks amazing like from the future device. Bit too expensive maybe, and Ill look the other recommendations too.

Maybe its just me and my wife Android devices, but I notice some serious lag recently with our 1GB RAM devices. The apps have started to eat more and more resources, so maybe Ill go for something with 2GB.

Last edited:
Nvidia Shield is the best, but it's expensive (200$-300$). It's powerful, a "gaming" box if you like.

Xiaomi Mi Box is around 70$, with Android TV 6 (be careful, most boxes use Android from PHONES! It works, but it's not optimized for boxes), Google Cast (same protocol has Chrome Cast), supports 4k (but not powerful enough), and a nice remote.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mi-Box-Android-TV/54827138

Google Cast will do the job too, it's not a box but will do the exact same thing if you have a phone/laptop/tablet/etc. I have one, it works very good.

Must have apps for me:

- Show Box for every movie and tv shows out there.

- Acestream to see every single sport channel out there with great quality.

- Kodi.

Have you ever seen someone get shoebox or ace to work on nvidia?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I have a firestick right now, but it lags too much. Whats this nvidia shield?

The original Firestick is underpowered. There is a new version that's much better. However, the regular Fire TV box works well and there have been some good deals on it lately.

Have you ever seen someone get shoebox or ace to work on nvidia? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

There's a Showbox add on for Kodi, or you can use the app directly if you have some kind of mouse. Showbox is touch based only, so the remote will not do the job. Acestream works too.

Search on Youtube, there's some tutorials in there. If you don't find many specifically for Shield, search for any other Android TV device (Xiaomi Mi Box, for example).

Or you can just use your phone with the Shield built in Google Cast (same has having a Chromecast).

A bunch of ways to do it.

Last edited:
My Smart TV is somehow with limited apps, so I got Roku and I am happy. Only one bad that can work WI-FI only, which sometimes obviously sucks.

Despite my Internet speed, and maybe its just me, but most of my KODI stuff is lagging as hell, actually. Do you guys know some place, where you can share kinda, "not very public" plugins to avoid that lagging.

Despite my Internet speed, and maybe its just me, but most of my KODI stuff is lagging as hell, actually. Do you guys know some place, where you can share kinda, "not very public" plugins to avoid that lagging.

They will not be slow, if everyone avoid to share them on public forums ;)

I'am using Exodus, SportsDevil, Popcorn TV, Ccloud and Phoenix add-ons, but you’ll never find a channel that plays perfect all the time everyday.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear