over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Need ideas (getting a bad sugar habit)

studmuffin

Registered
I must have screwed something up internally because the last 2 or 3 months I wake up every night around 1 or 2 in the morning with a massive sugar/sweets craving. It's easy to get over for the night if I just snack on something, well, something I shouldn't be eating!

I have had the suggestions of if I have to do anything go with fruit or a protein bar. Well, I tried both and they just are not doing the trick, even the protein bars with higher sugar are just not quite the same as a Kit-Kat :eek: When I try these other suggestions they just cause me to wake up again about an hour later still craving a sweet. Once I have some form of candy bar or unhealthy cookie I am fine and sleep like a baby.

Of course it's killing my diet and I gotta stop this. Anyone else ever have this and has anything worked to stop it other than fruit, protein bars and of course that nasty nasty Kit-Kats or cookies??? :confused:

Thanks!
cookie monster

This happens to me 1-2x a week usually. Been this way for a couple years. Looking for an answer as well

This happens to me 1-2x a week usually. Been this way for a couple years. Looking for an answer as well

I'm not glad that anyone else gets this too, but it is good to see I'm not the only one out there so perhaps others can chime in to stop this insanity, lol. I'm gonna try a couple different things this weekend to see if they work. Not sure what yet but I'm going to the store soon and will see if anything catches my eye.

you fellas might wanna look into LBAs...

lot of guys posting that they help with their sweet tooth.

On anything?

Things that make me crave carbs:
Tren
T3
DNP

Yes you have screwed something up internally. I did the same.For a little while try droping fats real low, like 20 or 30g,put protein at about 250 and fill the rest with carbs. Take vitamin d also. After a week or so at 500 plus carbs your body will reset itself and cravings will go. Eat clean carbs though. I use white rice. I have 3 bananas and an apple a day so i get some sugar. If it makes a difference to cravings i don't know but it's some fibre and vitamins if nothing else. I did a cut last year with a prep coach and it was quite low carb. It left me with a binge eating sugar craving disorder that took a year to fix. I'd get up at 2 am and drive to supermarket. I'd get a big tub of Ice cream and about 4 or 5 chocolate bars and other shit and eat it in the car before I left car park. This wasn't once or twice a week. It was every night almost. This is how I fixed it and it fixed it real quick. now I can't even face sugary shit, makes me feel sick and this is on tren which is the worst thing for me with cravings. I just get 500 carbs ed and create a deficit or surplus by manipulating fats and cardio. The prep coach was very good btw, the problems were within me not his diet. Some people just can't do carb restriction and rebound to hard.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Sounds like addiction

Yes it is addiction, I've been there and its awful. I gave up smoking, alcohol, recreational drugs all stupidly easy. Sugar is the worst addiction by far and the one I found hardest.

Thanks sammy, and your description of driving to the supermarket at 2 a.m. for a shit load of stuff is spot on! I'll give it a shot soon with what you mentioned.

Since I already purchased a few things last night I'm going to try them out as well to sort of "taper" off. Last night I went with peanut brittle and it did do the trick. It has more sugar than I want in my diet of course, but less per gram weight ratio of some of the other crap I've been eating, plus there are like 5 times more peanuts than say a snickers bar. Again, it's not the best substitute, but it did the trick and a drop better for me than what I was doing.

Tonight (assuming I'll wake up in the middle of the night with the craving) I'm going with the caramel peanut Detour protein bar. I know these are higher in sugar than most protein bars, but I do remember having them a few years ago and they were, in my opinion, the closest tasting thing to a snickers or baby ruth, plus I'm getting some protein and vitamins.

For Sunday night I'm going to try a premade muscle milk chocolate shake, or I got another premade 20oz chocolate milk thing that is not found in the health food department and has higher sugar, but they sure taste good and are absolutely loaded with potassium. After that I'll give it a shot with what sammy said and some tapering off.

And epoxy, not on anything and it's been a while, but I have been on tren in the past. I am a chronic relasper from drinking though, and even though it's almost been a year I have been reading the alcohol can mess up your carb cravings pretty bad. We'll see, and thanks for the help everyone!

Yes you have screwed something up internally. I did the same.For a little while try droping fats real low, like 20 or 30g,put protein at about 250 and fill the rest with carbs. Take vitamin d also. After a week or so at 500 plus carbs your body will reset itself and cravings will go. Eat clean carbs though. I use white rice. I have 3 bananas and an apple a day so i get some sugar. If it makes a difference to cravings i don't know but it's some fibre and vitamins if nothing else. I did a cut last year with a prep coach and it was quite low carb. It left me with a binge eating sugar craving disorder that took a year to fix. I'd get up at 2 am and drive to supermarket. I'd get a big tub of Ice cream and about 4 or 5 chocolate bars and other shit and eat it in the car before I left car park. This wasn't once or twice a week. It was every night almost. This is how I fixed it and it fixed it real quick. now I can't even face sugary shit, makes me feel sick and this is on tren which is the worst thing for me with cravings. I just get 500 carbs ed and create a deficit or surplus by manipulating fats and cardio. The prep coach was very good btw, the problems were within me not his diet. Some people just can't do carb restriction and rebound to hard.

Thanks for the in depth response man! This exact thing has happened to me before. Haven't drove out to get food for a while but a couple nights a week I'll raid the pantry in the wee hours of the night :(

You guys should Google and learn everything you can about leptin and attack it from every angle. Carbs,Vit d, fish oils or oily fish, sunlight as it increases Vit d levels. I find if I use post workout slin I can actually Eat less carbs but still get the same craving supresion as the insulin triggers leptin and will surprses cravings. Don't use slin for this reason though, just using as an example to show its hormonal as much as anything. I've gone from binge eating 6000 plus calories of shit per day to force feeding 3500 at the moment while on tren which is the worst culprit ususlly for my cravings and I thought I'd never run it again. Taken me a long long time and alot of trial and error to piece it all together and work out what was going on with me.

Great info Sammy. Thanks again

You guys should Google and learn everything you can about leptin and attack it from every angle. Carbs,Vit d, fish oils or oily fish, sunlight as it increases Vit d levels. I find if I use post workout slin I can actually Eat less carbs but still get the same craving supresion as the insulin triggers leptin and will surprses cravings. Don't use slin for this reason though, just using as an example to show its hormonal as much as anything. I've gone from binge eating 6000 plus calories of shit per day to force feeding 3500 at the moment while on tren which is the worst culprit ususlly for my cravings and I thought I'd never run it again. Taken me a long long time and alot of trial and error to piece it all together and work out what was going on with me.

You ever get any insulin sensitivity issues with high carb, very low fat? And obv + slin?

What's your stats do you have any pics? Not calling you out just curious as iv been trialling this sort of diet out a little while

This is my worst addiction. And I don even feel guilty after eating a bag of jelly beans, a whopping 350 carbs in 15 minutes or so. I usually do mine during the day though.

You ever get any insulin sensitivity issues with high carb, very low fat? And obv + slin?

What's your stats do you have any pics? Not calling you out just curious as iv been trialling this sort of diet out a little while

Insulin sensitivity not an issue at all. Quite the opposite belive it or not, I think training cables might be a big factor in this as well as genetics. I'm 6ft and peaked at 245lb 3 weeks ago, don't know body fat but was vascular in traps, arms and a few veins in back. Did some damage to lower belly and love handles though. I don't post online pics but I could email you a few if you pm me your email address. Up to you. I'm nothing special and don't claim to be so have nothing to hide, just don't want pictures on the web. Been cutting for 21 days on 500/300/30 cpf and down to about 225. Had to bring a few extra meals and some slin in too slow weight loss down last week. Was fucking hard forcingthem down, had to resort to a pizza one night. Didn't even enjoy it:eek:About 2.5 inches down on waist since start. Mostly visceral fat lost and some love handle so far, oh and legs leaned up quick too. The order of fat loss is somewhat different with high carb dieting but it comes of just as quick. I did a 300g carb cut last year with good results. 8 weeks, not 1 cheat and no cravings. Tried to do a final push and played with carbs and the cravings came back big time and the binging started, should have pulled the plug there and then but I tried undoing damage, fasting it off etc. Big mistake but I learnt a lot so no regrets

Insulin sensitivity not an issue at all. Quite the opposite belive it or not, I think training cables might be a big factor in this as well as genetics. I'm 6ft and peaked at 245lb 3 weeks ago, don't know body fat but was vascular in traps, arms and a few veins in back. Did some damage to lower belly and love handles though. I don't post online pics but I could email you a few if you pm me your email address. Up to you. I'm nothing special and don't claim to be so have nothing to hide, just don't want pictures on the web. Been cutting for 21 days on 500/300/30 cpf and down to about 225. Had to bring a few extra meals and some slin in too slow weight loss down last week. Was fucking hard forcingthem down, had to resort to a pizza one night. Didn't even enjoy it:eek:About 2.5 inches down on waist since start. Mostly visceral fat lost and some love handle so far, oh and legs leaned up quick too. The order of fat loss is somewhat different with high carb dieting but it comes of just as quick. I did a 300g carb cut last year with good results. 8 weeks, not 1 cheat and no cravings. Tried to do a final push and played with carbs and the cravings came back big time and the binging started, should have pulled the plug there and then but I tried undoing damage, fasting it off etc. Big mistake but I learnt a lot so no regrets

PMs are full and I'm in similar boat holding around 230lb at 6ft but waist has gotten bigger than I'd like and would like to lean up nice n slow. Macros are same as yours except about 600g carbs and weight slowly dropping. Still growing too.

Been taking GDAs and fish oils every meal to combat insulin resistance. Will up cardio from here and then I guess slowly taper carbs back

PMs are full and I'm in similar boat holding around 230lb at 6ft but waist has gotten bigger than I'd like and would like to lean up nice n slow. Macros are same as yours except about 600g carbs and weight slowly dropping. Still growing too.

Been taking GDAs and fish oils every meal to combat insulin resistance. Will up cardio from here and then I guess slowly taper carbs back

Cleared pms. Like your set up. Wish id started higher on carbs but you live and learn.

if i get like that i try to grab a greek yogurt and knock back out before i decide i want some ice cream or something stupid

if i get like that i try to grab a greek yogurt and knock back out before i decide i want some ice cream or something stupid

First, thanks for all the info sammy! And dang it, I forgot all about the greek yogurt and I even have some in my fridge! :mad: I will try that tonight as well.

Really quick, as for the detour bars, they didn't seem to cure that "need" as much as I thought, so I took a few swigs of chocolate milk and OH YUMMY chocolate milk sure helped!

Note to self - Wednesday morning you have a blood draw, should make for a very interesting Tuesday night! Must lock up fridge and all cabinets for any 2 a.m. wake up calls for carbs!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws