over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Meal Prep Business?

Simpllyhuge

Kilo Klub Member / Board Supporter
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Sorry if this is the wrong forum wasn't sure. was curious if any of you have opened up your own meal prep business or ever thought about it? does any have any info to share via Pm or in the thread? such as costs and licenses etc. Thanks.

I was considering it, but after figuring the time it would take, the cost to rent a commercial cooking space several hours twice a week, the cost of food and advertising and the customer base with which I have to work with, I decided to put that idea aside... I might entertain it when I retire from my current line of work, and I can retire with full benefits by 57... Still not too old to get started.

I was considering it, but after figuring the time it would take, the cost to rent a commercial cooking space several hours twice a week, the cost of food and advertising and the customer base with which I have to work with, I decided to put that idea aside... I might entertain it when I retire from my current line of work, and I can retire with full benefits by 57... Still not too old to get started.

I am with you mentalflex... i have thought about it... but the flat out TIME commitment and building clientele to offset the increased costs of bulk food... then once the clientele gets increased, you would have to increase your equipment and/or move to a place where you could have an industrial sized kitchen, or buy bigger/more equipment... its one of those hit or miss types of things, yet genius all in one...

I am with you mentalflex... i have thought about it... but the flat out TIME commitment and building clientele to offset the increased costs of bulk food... then once the clientele gets increased, you would have to increase your equipment and/or move to a place where you could have an industrial sized kitchen, or buy bigger/more equipment... its one of those hit or miss types of things, yet genius all in one...

If you are a proficient cook, one option would be to hold classes...you can do a series of classes one with chicken, one with beef, one with seafood or pick different types of cuisines and teach how to prepare things healthy. Rather than just charging a fee for teaching also buy food and ingredients for each participant to cook and make a profit on the food as well... If you can get chicken wholesale bulk for $1.99/lb and you have some gamer and stuff for sauces, maybe add an extra $2.50 - $4 per dish, so your cost would be say, tops $6-$7... Now it would be easy to charge $50 for that, but the unknown is the cost of the kitchen... I'd say charge $75 and market it as gourmet healthy cuisine, improve performance and delight your palate

If you are a proficient cook, one option would be to hold classes...you can do a series of classes one with chicken, one with beef, one with seafood or pick different types of cuisines and teach how to prepare things healthy. Rather than just charging a fee for teaching also buy food and ingredients for each participant to cook and make a profit on the food as well... If you can get chicken wholesale bulk for $1.99/lb and you have some gamer and stuff for sauces, maybe add an extra $2.50 - $4 per dish, so your cost would be say, tops $6-$7... Now it would be easy to charge $50 for that, but the unknown is the cost of the kitchen... I'd say charge $75 and market it as gourmet healthy cuisine, improve performance and delight your palate

I would say that the initial cost and time spent would be the most difficult... Every start up business has those "getting on your feet" pains that make one question why they are going it, but on the contrary, the stuff that happens due to demand is a GOOD problem to have... LOL

I would say that the initial cost and time spent would be the most difficult... Every start up business has those "getting on your feet" pains that make one question why they are going it, but on the contrary, the stuff that happens due to demand is a GOOD problem to have... LOL

Yes, sunk costs are a killer... That's why before startling anything, shell out the bucks to perform analyses of your market, potential customer preferences, price points, focus groups, break even analysis, calculated profit margins to remain stable and the prices you need to charge at various levels of demand... If you'll need support staff, cost of marketing, identifying where your potential clientele shop and frequent... It is a lot of work... I did something like this fir my low life drunk ass father when he tried to start up one of his failed business... I showed him the market wasn't there. It would just not be profitable... Needless to say, I was right lol

Thanks for the positive response with the thread, I was almost afraid to open it because I thought people would be negative. It's awesome to hear your opinions, especially since we all live in different places.

I live in NYC so do you think the population could make it more worth while?
Also as far as sunken costs, I was thinking of using my house at first unless it's highly illegal or something, I have two kitchens. Then if I build up a clientele I could transfer to a commercial spot and maybe even a sit down combo business.
I was thinking of other body building or gym friendly places in my neighborhood and they all do well or decently, so I was thinking I could do decently or better considering I wouldn't have to pay rent as of yet or sign a lease.

A site in a neighboring state has a limited menu with a fixed price of about 10$. I was hoping that same price would leave enough room for worthwhile profit.
Rich people in manhatten pay pretty crazy prices for things. Anything I eat for lunch while at work is about 10$ or more and further uptown it's more residential and people don't have many healthy places to eat.
One of my old friends who I don't speak to any more is doing extremely well in a hole in the wall spot because deliveries go out all over manhatten.
Any way just thinking out loud

Last edited:
Some of the bigger meals with lean meats on this neighboring states site are 30$.

People will always pay for quality service. If the food is good you will do fine. There are over 15 million people in Manhattan. That's a huge possibility. Good luck if you decide to go forward.

where i live there are two meal prep businesses and they are very profitable, at least one is i know for sure because i know the owner.

**broken link removed**

I have a buddy who is doing it on the side, while still working his full time job until he can save enough to move in to a commercial space. And is profiting $600-1000 per week.

My buddy tried to do it from his home kitchen, got shut down really quickly since lots of health issues involved from doing it in home.

Once you get a proper place and everything margins seem to be pretty thin

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity