over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Olive Oil?

gnuisance

Registered
I use a lot of olive oil to cook my meals. I find it is good to use for cooking just about any kind of meat. My question is how healthy is this? I am on a lean bulker now and I am wondering about the olive oil. Thanks.

Well, my sponsor said that olive oil is medium length chain oils, so i got olive oil to cook with. Apparently better than veg oil or canola oil.

Pete

yeah its good. Coconut oil, nut oils, olive oils all thats good. Avoid corn oils, vegetabl oil, and shit like that.

I use a lot of olive oil to cook my meals. I find it is good to use for cooking just about any kind of meat. My question is how healthy is this? I am on a lean bulker now and I am wondering about the olive oil. Thanks.

It's extremely healthy. I have it all over my pasta and salads etc. Try to have coconut oil too. Having both in your diet is a very good way of ensuring your getting good fats in your diet. Obviously combined with nuts, fish, eggs, red meats etc.

If you fry with Olive oil don't heat it until its smokes because the oil begins to break down.
The better the oil the higher the smoke point.

Its great & I use it all the time.

Ever try macadmia nut oil shits good put it in my shakes

Theres a reason why Mediterranean people live longer healthier life's. Olive oil is great just make sure its Extra Virgin.

If you fry with Olive oil don't heat it until its smokes because the oil begins to break down.
The better the oil the higher the smoke point.

Its great & I use it all the time.

Great advice here! If you get it too hot you destroy the benefits and actually bring some bad things on. Use low flame if cooking with gas or never take it above 4 on the electric ranges.

Also extra virgin is the worst to cook in, you want a lighter olive oil that won't break down as fast. Save the extra virgin to pour on things or even drink it straight like I do.

Try coconut and macadamia nut oil better tasting.

Ak

where do u guys get ur Mac oil from species?? looking for a cheaper version if there is one

olive oil is the healthiest when it is used raw, poor over pasta, veggies,
soups, even already cooked meat and fish.

i grew up on olive oil all my mama uses italian families. i like to pour over my vegatables and salads good fat:)

Agreed, Olive oil does have many health benefits! However, There's olive oil and OLIVE oil.

99% of the EVOO (extra Virgin Olive Oil) sold in supermarkets, retail, etc. is junk! (If you have ever lived in or travelled to Italy, you will know what I mean).

It would take far too long to explain why the EVOO sold in stores is "sub-par" but if you research the "benefits" of EVOO, you will find tons of information describing the differences.

First off, I'm only discussing EVOO because Extra Virgin Olive Oil is the type with the greatest health benefits.
Secondly, Good EVOO is ALWAYS packaged in dark glass bottles. This is due to the fact that REAL EVOO is ruined by light. In fact, it is destroyed 10X faster by light than by oxygen (like leaving it in an open container).
AND, good EVOO should be cloudy, NOT clear!

Generally, you should look for EVOO which is made 100% from olives (you may think that is a given BUT there-in lies the problem.... 99% of EVOO is not made 100% from olives). It should also be cold pressed and UNFILTERED (hence the cloudy appearance). It should be packaged in DARK glass bottles and should have a "use-by-date" of several YEARS, not a few months!

If you buy EVOO from the supermarket which is NOT presented as mentioned above, you are not ingesting quality EVOO and are essentially wasting your $$$.

Oh yeah, REAL EVOO is quite expensive by the way!

S-

olive oil is something like 73% monounsat fats.. the highest source of mono you can find.
i think safflower or grapesee is second with 69%.

having said that, fat is fat.. and you can use too much so be careful about your tryglycerides. anyting over 150 and you are using way too much.

Agreed, Olive oil does have many health benefits! However, There's olive oil and OLIVE oil.

99% of the EVOO (extra Virgin Olive Oil) sold in supermarkets, retail, etc. is junk! (If you have ever lived in or travelled to Italy, you will know what I mean).

It would take far too long to explain why the EVOO sold in stores is "sub-par" but if you research the "benefits" of EVOO, you will find tons of information describing the differences.

First off, I'm only discussing EVOO because Extra Virgin Olive Oil is the type with the greatest health benefits.
Secondly, Good EVOO is ALWAYS packaged in dark glass bottles. This is due to the fact that REAL EVOO is ruined by light. In fact, it is destroyed 10X faster by light than by oxygen (like leaving it in an open container).
AND, good EVOO should be cloudy, NOT clear!

Generally, you should look for EVOO which is made 100% from olives (you may think that is a given BUT there-in lies the problem.... 99% of EVOO is not made 100% from olives). It should also be cold pressed and UNFILTERED (hence the cloudy appearance). It should be packaged in DARK glass bottles and should have a "use-by-date" of several YEARS, not a few months!

If you buy EVOO from the supermarket which is NOT presented as mentioned above, you are not ingesting quality EVOO and are essentially wasting your $$$.

Oh yeah, REAL EVOO is quite expensive by the way!

S-

Great info! Thanks bro!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner