over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Doxycycline for cystic acne

Kineticmacks

Newbies
Anybody out there use doxycycline for inflammatory acne? I’ve used Accutane through a dermatologist and that helped quite a bit but still get some cystic acne on my back. Any and all advice is welcome! Thanks.

My experience, it works while you take it but the benefits stop when you stop taking the antibiotic. It’s not a long term acting medication like accurate is.

I honestly do not think this antibiotic helped me at all back when I had this issue around the age of 20. I used an acne soap by johnson and johnson. I will try to remember the name for you. Just wash but don't over wash. If you dry the skin out, you'll produce more oil and make it worse. It DOES get better!!!

I had severe folliculitis a few years back, was prescribed Accutane and antibiotics. It helped. I would suggest washing yourself in soap with tea tree oil.

Anybody out there use doxycycline for inflammatory acne? I’ve used Accutane through a dermatologist and that helped quite a bit but still get some cystic acne on my back. Any and all advice is welcome! Thanks.

Doxy can cause stomach issues. Also, If you tan or go in the sun too much you will look like Apu from Seven11!!

My anti acne combo is:

-doxycycline 100mg ED (taking on the evening, as you need to avoid the sun while you're on it)

-differin cream/gel; once to twice a week, if you over apply it, it will dry your skin like crazy

-Alep Soap: apply on the area everyday while you're showering
:)

Antibiotics are essentially toxic to the microbiome so I’d leave them for last resort (life or death/severe) situations only IMO. They wreak havoc on your body.

That said, I had acne a lot when I was younger and was on doxy/minocycline for years although I wish I hadn’t been after what I know now. If you want really acne treatment that id just go straight to accutane because it works long term. If you want a middle ground I’d suggest a strong cream like tazorac to dry things out

First off like that other guy said, antibiotics are way way way over prescribed and imo should not be ran unless very sick/life death scenario. Even then, phages are better used than nasty antibiotics.

Accutane is a risk as well, joint issues, mood issues, physical problems. The stuff works wonders but my god is it toxic.

The real reason any of us are getting acne is mainly because of what we're putting into our bodies. The western diet alone can cause the nastiest cystic acne possible. Almost 100% of the time acne has to do with hormones and improper diet mixed. Diary especially can cause acne. So diet change is anyone's best bet when it comes to getting rid of acne.

But since everyone wants to eat what they want they go to accutane. I'd still say accutane is better than antibiotics. But realistically we all need to stop putting this shit into our bodies and fix ourselves naturally because that's the real life answer to nearly everything.

Do yourself two huge favors...
High dose B5(pantothenic acid)- 2500-5000mg a day to initially clear acne
CBD oil- magic oil for many things and you can add acne to the list💯

Antibiotics definitely work for most acne. However the long term use of them will destroy your gut. I found this out first hand and am living with the consequences.

did a long doc prescribed cycle of accutane in my mid 20s. skin looked great, although was not without side effects. 37 now and still have some acne (not major but a few noticeable ones) on face (mostly forehead), chest, and back. Not on any gear for the last 15 years. Going to give Retin-A 0.1% a shot in a few days. the red forehead pimples are the most bothersome.

Yeah I will say that accutane, while it works better than anything, does have a lot of sides. My night vision definitely got worse and my mom had to start wearing glasses right after her course. Just dries everything out.

I was on the highest indicated dose (1.5mg/kg iirc but that was 10 years ago and guidelines might have changed). Once I got bumped up in dose my lips would crack/bleed. Got a lot of nosebleeds too but I was a swimmer and also spent 4 hours a day in chlorinated water which doesn’t help.

Last edited:
I used Doxy and Tetra for years on and off and it def helps with cysts. I had them bad on my chest from all the Test. But like mentioned above the problem is once you stop they immediately come back. You need to figure out an actual solution and not a Band-Aid. Being on antibiotics long term is absolutely terrible for you. For me, keeping my E2 in range and lowering the Test helped with the cysts.

Tried every antibiotic available for cystic acne brought on by Anadrol years ago. None of em worked for me. The only winner was Accutane. Six months later from starting a course I was zit free, and still am to this day. Couldn’t touch oral AAS due to the cystic acne issue but now I can without any issues. You just have to stay on the Tane for awhile for it to truly clear everything up! Yes, it comes with side effects but it’s worth it in my opinion!

Cage

Ever consider trying to figure out what is causing the acne? Anti-biotics can help with many issues that are not even related to bacterial infections just because of the anti-inflammatory effects they have.

Yes, Doxycycline is standard of care for cystic acne.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Bio

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear