over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Offseason Fat Boy Pics!!

Flex2019

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
I'm currently about 10 months into a long bulk, trying to add some mass and get closer to the top of the heavyweight class for 2014. Shelby has me pushing a lot of food right now, anywhere from 5000-6500 calories depending on the day. I figured I'd get a couple of pics up so people can see where I'm at. Currently 255-260 pounds most days (5'7" tall).

Attachments

• 100_2289_480x640.jpg
    100_2289_480x640.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 1,504

Attachments

• 100_2290_480x640.jpg
    100_2290_480x640.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 1,356
Fat Boy #3

Attachments

• 100_2292_480x640.jpg
    100_2292_480x640.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 1,343
How l long a contest prep you planning on? Bet there is some good solid muscle gain under there. Id love to throw caution to the wind and say fuck it and get shelby to bulk me for maximum size but can't face the long drawn out dieting after.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

How l long a contest prep you planning on? Bet there is some good solid muscle gain under there. Id love to throw caution to the wind and say fuck it and get shelby to bulk me for maximum size but can't face the long drawn out dieting after.

We don't have a plan for prep in place yet, but I'm sure Shelby will bring me down nice and slow. I don't have a problem getting lean, that's actually the easier side of things for me. I start dropping weight like crazy even after just a few days of lowered calories. I've bulked like this for the last 3 years and my stage weights have looked like this:

2010 - 176 lbs
2011 - 190 lbs
2012 - 205 lbs

This is by far the heaviest I've ever been, but all of my abs are still visible when I flex them. We'll see what things look like in the spring.

How's the Mrs. like the husky Flex compared to the ripped up Flex? Mine claims to like me somewhere in between.

some really great progress throughout the years. you are really dedicated and I hope you reap the dividends of all your hard work, bro.

You have really made some good progress and I think you will make it near the top of the heavyweight class.

Last edited:
We don't have a plan for prep in place yet, but I'm sure Shelby will bring me down nice and slow. I don't have a problem getting lean, that's actually the easier side of things for me. I start dropping weight like crazy even after just a few days of lowered calories. I've bulked like this for the last 3 years and my stage weights have looked like this:

2010 - 176 lbs
2011 - 190 lbs
2012 - 205 lbs

This is by far the heaviest I've ever been, but all of my abs are still visible when I flex them. We'll see what things look like in the spring.

29lb of stage weight in 2 years is some amazing progress. I love the eating when bulking up but not the bloat and loss of definition that comes with it. Gotta do what you've gotta do to progress though and is working great so far for you. Im 3 weeks into my bulk with shelby and already itching to do a mini cut but gains are best ever. He knows how to get you growing. I'll keep going til he says stop

Holy offseason batman! I'm interested to see what you bring when all that gets shed. Kill it!

That's some serious mass right their!!!
Stack it on and hold it for a while , you are gonna be beastly next season bother:headbang:

Continual progress man, I love it. You never stop improving.

Funny you mention 5-6000 cals and 255-260 in weight. I am also at those same exact numbers (although I'm a lot taller at 6'1...). I hit 260 for the first time in my life just today.

How's your hunger? Eating 5500 cals of clean food for me is hell, but I seem to manage... It sure isnt comfortable though, thats for damn sure!

I also have the same short term goal, to compete at the top of the heavies! One last time before supers... Couldnt help but notice all of the similarities.

Keep getting it man, cant wait to see the 2014 package you bring.

Hey man, looking real good again, this has got to be the heaviest you have been by a long shot right? real tight still for the weight you are at man. Great progress :)

I assumed from recent discussion a big component of the Shelby/MD method... at least with hypertrophy is to stay lean (not saying you're fat lol) and keep insulin sensitivity high to maximize gains...

I assumed from recent discussion a big component of the Shelby/MD method... at least with hypertrophy is to stay lean (not saying you're fat lol) and keep insulin sensitivity high to maximize gains...

1. A lot of people assume stuff about myself (and John's) methods that just isn't accurate.
2. John and I do a lot of stuff differently from each other.
3. If you haven't worked directly with either of us, you really are just guessing at what we do.
4. Even if you have worked with us, you only know how we worked with you, not with other clients.
5. Flex has a very fast metabolism and will shed the fat with no problem when the time comes.
6. He's trying to gain a substantial amount of mass right now, to move from the lower end of heavyweights, to upper. I'd rather overshoot his calories a bit and have him get a little soft (and crazy strong) than possibly undershoot and miss out on some opportunity for growth. It's MUCH easier to lose fat, than it is to gain muscle.

He's gained a ton of stage weight in the last few years, and we aim to keep that progression going.

1. A lot of people assume stuff about myself (and John's) methods that just isn't accurate.
2. John and I do a lot of stuff differently from each other.
3. If you haven't worked directly with either of us, you really are just guessing at what we do.
4. Even if you have worked with us, you only know how we worked with you, not with other clients.
5. Flex has a very fast metabolism and will shed the fat with no problem when the time comes.
6. He's trying to gain a substantial amount of mass right now, to move from the lower end of heavyweights, to upper. I'd rather overshoot his calories a bit and have him get a little soft (and crazy strong) than possibly undershoot and miss out on some opportunity for growth. It's MUCH easier to lose fat, than it is to gain muscle.

He's gained a ton of stage weight in the last few years, and we aim to keep that progression going.

I like this a lot. Reminds me a lot of myself, i have never been scared to carry that extra bit of fat or softness as i can shift fat extremely fast!

Upper end of heavyweights would at 5 7 would be incredible. You look good bro, I have a rapid metabolism as well and I've noticed some of my best gains in getting soft in the offseason. Plus if you're old lady can cook (like mine loves to) it makes that offseason a hell of a lot more fun! Keep up the good work!

honestly, i dont think you have more muscle than when you competed 10months ago. i hope along with the higher calorie intake you push more drugs as well, otherwise you are not going anywhere. but from what i see you use less and it is visible. dont take this personally, just my opinion from what i see.

HOLY SHIT BATMAN!!! I remember seeing some pics of you 2 or 3 years ago and I believe you were prepping for a show. You were much smaller, and close to contest shape. I cant wait to see you peel down and see how much bigger you are in show shape. awesome bro

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws