YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What does 100-200 mg actually do for growth?

Tim Zane

Registered
So for those taking test at 100-200 mg, which seems to be the common amounts prescribed by doctors, how much muscle does this actually get you? Or did that amount just make you feel better with little muscle growth?

If you have naturally occurring test levels that are low then increasing them to upper end of the test blood level scale will result in a bit more growth for many.. I'm talking 150 to 200 mg range.. But it will not result in great amount of growth.. Now if one has aquired a decent amount of mass from higher previoys doses then dropping to 200 mgs of test will still let one hold a decent amount of mass..

I know more than a few guys that did 1 cc of test (200 mg) per week for a first cycle and gained 20 lbs. After you've been playing with this shit for many years it's a different story. 200 mg basically helps you retain somewhere around your genetic potential of mass.

As your average guy makes 5-10 mg/day. With 7.5 being the median that makes for 52.5 a week for most guys. At 200mg/week of Test E or C with the ester removed you end up with about 140mg/week. That is close to 3X that people make on their own. should definitely aid in recovery and growth.

when I first started I only did 250wk, I grew like a weed on it. I started at 147lbs, hit 170 pretty fast. After being off 8 years I'm thinking trying to start low again, getting a few cycles under my belt. I was on cycles for 6 years and just topped out at 210. I'm sure after 8 years my receptors are pretty clean and I might respond well to a lower dose again. I'm at 185 now.

1 amp of Russian sustanon per week(cyctahoh - anyone remember those??) for my first few cycles allowed me to put on 15-20lbs

I have personally gained over 25 lbs of LBM and dropped from 21% to 10% on 150 mg Q 10 days. This took around 6 years of being on TRT. I was diagnosed with idiopathic hypogonadism at about 21, and that dose changed me drastically. This is definitely a different scenario then your average lifter or even an older male, but it is my experience for what it's worth.

I made the decision a few years ago to start using AAS on top of my TRT dose, so now I cruise on 150 - 200 mg a week and it seems to help me retain my gains. I am not a mass monster like many of you guys though. Right now I am 5'8", 194 and 9.1% BF per dexa scan.

My dr prescribed dose is .7ml a week, so roughly 125mg. 3 days later did bloods, test levels were mid 800's. I felt good, strong, libido was there. I continued to make gains in the gym. Not at an alarmingly increased rate, but they came. I feel like if your diet is on point, that will help greatly. While on this amount for a few years, i weighed 225, bf around 15%.

I took a higher does of 350 and I gained almost 10lbs. Lost about 5 when I came off. (This was when I was doing trt in cycles thinking it was “healthier”).

My total test was around 3000ng/dL which apparently is overkill for just TRT (I was a fucking idiot)

As your average guy makes 5-10 mg/day. With 7.5 being the median that makes for 52.5 a week for most guys. At 200mg/week of Test E or C with the ester removed you end up with about 140mg/week. That is close to 3X that people make on their own. should definitely aid in recovery and growth.

Good reasoning, but it doesn't work like that for everyone.
100mgs a week only raised my test levels to 400.
After being on for too long that felt like i was not even on. Even 200mgs could not bring my well being up to a good level

I think it will vary person to person quite a bit. Was natural
Until age 35 other than a cycle or two of the first Andro prohormones in my early 20s. I grow fairly easily and have genetics to be bigger. Always hovered around 250 at 6ft 15%bf.
Once I got my apnea and trt taken care of it was very noticeable. I'm on Dr. Prescribed 200mg a week and in the last 4years have Gained 30lbs without adding much bodyfat. I also don't need to Eat a ton of calories to maintain that. How much of a base You build prior to taking anything will have a big part in how much it helps.

As some have said, it depends how low your testosteorne levels were to begin with. It also depends how repsonsive your body is to exogenous testosterone.

One 200mg/week, I am significantly above the upper end of the reference range for total and free testosterone. Some people are at 900 ng/dl on that same dose.

It also depends how advanced your physical development is. Those who are not very advanced physique-wise can, on average, get more out of 200mg than those who are well-developed and have blasted many times.

I would say that I think most people who are not extremely advanced bodybuilders can maintain most of their muscle tissue while cruising on 200-250mg of test

Old memories...

1 amp of Russian sustanon per week(cyctahoh - anyone remember those??) for my first few cycles allowed me to put on 15-20lbs

My first cycle was Nile sustanon amps. 15 amps total and put on nearly 30lbs. 2/3 pure muscle. I was never able to put mass on like that again.

Also was given only one 18g needle for 15 pokes. Little did I know or was I told you needed more than a single needle and preferable a little bit smaller than an 18g. :D I was a very naive college kid at that time.

My first cycle was Nile sustanon amps. 15 amps total and put on nearly 30lbs. 2/3 pure muscle. I was never able to put mass on like that again.

Also was given only one 18g needle for 15 pokes. Little did I know or was I told you needed more than a single needle and preferable a little bit smaller than an 18g. :D I was a very naive college kid at that time.

LOL!!!!

Personally it’s made a big difference. I now notice changes (as do others) in musculature structure much more quickly than before TRT.

On 125 mg's a week I can keep what I have but I don't fell great, I feel better on 250 mg's a week.

hrt

I have been on 200mg TCyp per week for the passed 12 months. I have gained about 10 pounds and feel great. With testosterone I have no longer the need to be on anti-depressants any more.

There are a lot of factors affecting growth or maintenance. For me, a single 200mg injection increases strength but maintains current body composition. Daily 20mg (140mg total) injections I'm not as strong but started growing, noticeably. I'm about 240lbs @ 5'10".

It can do a lot...
In my case it covered the constant questioning in my head "am I supported metabolically?, have I over-trained?, am I in a catabolic state?" these questions that arise when your training.
When I found my correct HRT dosage,and got my levels stable I felt that I was able to focus on other aspects of being and "athlete" dialed my diet in so that it worked for me now, my training switched up some, again in accordance to what my requirements are now.
After a while, everything started to fall in place where I got in condition again, lost body fat, good glycogen retention etc... Now that the other factor that make up Bodybuilding where addressed,I started to make progress again slowly but yes in the right direction.
Did my training change? YES! Instead of maxing out twice a week, I now max out once very 2 weeks... and the sort. I concentrate on lifting in good form and working towards staying/gaining strength.
Hormone manipulation is just ONE of the phases of this sport, there are other aspects equally important that need to be addressed and covered.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws