over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Traveling within Europe with TRT prescription

nothuman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Another one of these threads.

I've traveled to Europe a few times with my TRT and syringes in my carry one and no one ever questioned me or searched my bags.

However, what if a security gate agent did check and see it? I would have a prescription and will get a doctor's note, but is it still illegal in some countries in Europe? The thought of it being confiscated is frightening with me being there for a month when I'm used to daily small injections.

I'll be in The Netherlands, Italy, Czech Republic, Budapest, Austria, Slovakia, and Poland in case anyone knows their policies.

That's actually a good question mate. So I just had a look for you on the governmental website of Austria and here's what I stated:

"Travellers residing abroad may carry those medicines into Austria which they require for their own personal needs or to meet the needs of a pet travelling with them"

Seems like you should be fine as long as you have proper documentation. Some Austrians working in those departments can be real dicks tho, I apologize for them haha. Where in Austria are you planning to go and from which country are you coming in mate? By car/train/plane?

I’m pretty sure some of those countries allow you to walk into a pharmacy and straight buy Test and other things, but don’t quote me on that... I’ve been to a few of those and I think you’ll be alright..

Might seem weird though carrying 30 syringes on you? I guess what matters is the amount of gear on you and you can just explain it’s daily administrations but again, for the most part I think you’ll be alright...

I’ve traveled through some countries in Europe by train and by car and wasn’t even asked for my train ticket from Italy to France let alone my passport or getting my things checked and only once out of like 10 different entries was I asked for my passport in a car lol...

Maybe some of the Euro guys can definitely correct me or confirm me...

You will be fine. Are you going to leave all supplements at home? They may question you having your own suitcase for just supplements if you bring them all :D Where are you going in Italy and for how long?

That's actually a good question mate. So I just had a look for you on the governmental website of Austria and here's what I stated:

"Travellers residing abroad may carry those medicines into Austria which they require for their own personal needs or to meet the needs of a pet travelling with them"

Seems like you should be fine as long as you have proper documentation. Some Austrians working in those departments can be real dicks tho, I apologize for them haha. Where in Austria are you planning to go and from which country are you coming in mate? By car/train/plane?

You get people like that in all countries but especially in passport control type jobs. The only thing I tend to bring with me when I travel to Europe now is MT2 and only for longer holidays. However that goes in my suitcase.

NH all of those countries are within the EU so you are gtg. If you were travelling outside then there would be additional checks. However even if you were ever stopped with the prescription you are fine.

Last edited:
I traveled to France, Italy, Switzerland with my Rx TRT and had no issues whatsoever. I had everything including supplies in one ziplock bag in my carry on luggage and went right through security with no problems.

I’m pretty sure some of those countries allow you to walk into a pharmacy and straight buy Test and other things, but don’t quote me on that... I’ve been to a few of those and I think you’ll be alright..

Might seem weird though carrying 30 syringes on you? I guess what matters is the amount of gear on you and you can just explain it’s daily administrations but again, for the most part I think you’ll be alright...

I’ve traveled through some countries in Europe by train and by car and wasn’t even asked for my train ticket from Italy to France let alone my passport or getting my things checked and only once out of like 10 different entries was I asked for my passport in a car lol...

Unfortunately no longer true in most EU countries, maybe some smaller towns in the Eastern European countries and Greece, but central Europe like Germany, Netherlands, Austria, France etc. - that time has long gone, sadly :D

I traveled to France, Italy, Switzerland with my Rx TRT and had no issues whatsoever. I had everything including supplies in one ziplock bag in my carry on luggage and went right through security with no problems.

Where did you go in Switzerland?

Unfortunately no longer true in most EU countries, maybe some smaller towns in the Eastern European countries and Greece, but central Europe like Germany, Netherlands, Austria, France etc. - that time has long gone, sadly :D

Yes they are super strict :eek::(

Where did you go in Switzerland?

Flew in and out of Geneva, went to a smaller town called Neuchatel on the north east side of The country

I did, went to Germany, Croatia and Italy.
Just put it in the check in luggage with prescription paper. I had no issues.

I actually went to Austria two years ago but no one searched my bags so I got there and left with TRT without any problems...but they never searched and I wonder what happens if they do. I'll be in Vienna this time and flying from probably Budapest.

You will be fine. Are you going to leave all supplements at home? They may question you having your own suitcase for just supplements if you bring them all :D Where are you going in Italy and for how long?

I pack all my supplements/pills in 2 week pill organizers as always. I'd be insane to leave them home when health habits won't be quite as good over there. :p

I'll be in the Amalfi coast in Italy for a week

Last edited:

I was FINALLY given a 10ml vial of test for my prescription so I will bring that and probably just like 4 insulin pins and re-use them a lot.

I'm in the EU and I think you'll be fine as long as you can verify your prescription.

As long as your script has your name on it, you can travel anywhere with it. Ive personally asked a TSA agent(Chicago Customs) those questions you are asking. Thats how I know. There is no point in trying to hide anything, especially with airport security nowadays.
Cant believe no one else has done this, or maybe they have. But thats the only way you're going to know for sure, Ask.

Slovakia, Poland and Czech Republic ain't going to give you trouble.

I actually went to Austria two years ago but no one searched my bags so I got there and left with TRT without any problems...but they never searched and I wonder what happens if they do. I'll be in Vienna this time and flying from probably Budapest.

Nice one mate, also a quick and cheap train ride from Budapest to Vienna if you don't want to take a plane. Make sure you hit up DAS GYM - Intelligent Strength when you are in Vienna, one of the best gyms in the whole world and I've seen nearly all of the famous ones around the globe. Defo proud to have that here in Austria :D

Flew in and out of Geneva, went to a smaller town called Neuchatel on the north east side of The country

Sorry I didn't realize at first I have spoken to you before. That place looks really nice.

What other places did you visit? Did you have a fav?

Last edited:

Yea I figured as much, I’d still rather be there than here in the US lol

I was FINALLY given a 10ml vial of test for my prescription so I will bring that and probably just like 4 insulin pins and re-use them a lot.

Then as stated before you should have zero trouble...

I’m a little jelly you’re getting to spend a month going through EU, I fucking love it over there and have yet to find a place I didn’t like... I’d actually like to move somewhere over there in the coming years, just haven’t really decided where..

Yea I figured as much, I’d still rather be there than here in the US lol

Then as stated before you should have zero trouble...

I’m a little jelly you’re getting to spend a month going through EU, I fucking love it over there and have yet to find a place I didn’t like... I’d actually like to move somewhere over there in the coming years, just haven’t really decided where..

Just trying to get through the rest of the countries in Europe I still have yet to visit. This should cover it and I'm pretty excited about it

Me too.

There are so many great places in Europe, and it's so interesting to be closely connected to so many different cultures, with everything just a few hours away if you hop on a train.

Personally I like Germany the best as far as countries I'm somewhat familiar with.

Staff online

• Bio
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic